Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

View Poll Results: Has a teacher flirted with you?
Yes 3 8.82%
No 25 73.53%
Maybe 6 17.65%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old February 23rd, 2019, 01:53 PM   #1
averagegirl

Default Teacher

When does a teacher flirting with you cross the line?
Old February 23rd, 2019, 03:06 PM   #2
Jake445
Great Poster

Name: Jake
Default Re: Teacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by averagegirl View Post
When does a teacher flirting with you cross the line?
When it bothers you even a little bit!

Fifteen, Twin.
Feel free to PM and or add me.
Old February 23rd, 2019, 07:09 PM   #3
ska8er
Frozen

Name: Andy

When it makes u feel uncomfortable
then u use some common sense. Have
u been bothered?
Old February 23rd, 2019, 09:09 PM   #4
breaux
Nice Poster

breaux's Forum Picture

when it's too much

Runaway
Old February 24th, 2019, 06:47 AM   #5
Pultost
Mushroom Lover

Pultost's Forum Picture

Name: Anita

No teacher is supposed to flirt with the students. Ever. Just a little bit is too much.

I see myself as a diplomat. Got a problem with that, asshole? Huh??
Old February 24th, 2019, 06:54 AM   #6
arnorway
Awesome Poster

arnorway's Forum Picture

Name: arne
Thumbs up Re: Teacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake445 View Post
When it bothers you even a little bit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pultost View Post
No teacher is supposed to flirt with the students. Ever. Just a little bit is too much.
exactly

open to chat in pm with nice people
Old February 24th, 2019, 08:00 AM   #7
Natacha
Awesome Poster

Name: Natacha

I'm not saying any of you here is in the categori, I'm now mentioning:

But I know girls who think they are the center of the world and then expect everybody to like them. And say things like "The experience exceeded my limits, cause ALL the boys were in love with me". Yeah right!!
Those same girls might have thought a teacher was flirting with them, when they weren't.
Teachers have to look at the students to teach, and if all looks are interpreted to be flirtacious, it would be really very difficult to do their job.
Old February 24th, 2019, 08:16 AM   #8
Pultost
Mushroom Lover

Pultost's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natacha View Post

But I know girls who think they are the center of the world and then expect everybody to like them. And say things like "The experience exceeded my limits, cause ALL the boys were in love with me". Yeah right!!
Those same girls might have thought a teacher was flirting with them, when they weren't.
Teachers have to look at the students to teach, and if all looks are interpreted to be flirtacious, it would be really very difficult to do their job.
That's a good point, I'm sure it's easy to misunderstand if a teacher is handsome and acts friendly. Unfortunately, there are also a few teachers who should never have been let near a school.

Old February 24th, 2019, 08:21 AM   #9
Natacha
Awesome Poster

Name: Natacha

Quote:
That's a good point, I'm sure it's easy to misunderstand if a teacher is handsome and acts friendly. Unfortunately, there are also a few teachers who should never have been let near a school.
You are right. Those teachers exist unfortunately.
To motivate students, teachers have to be interested in the students and their personality (NOT in a sexual way), to make the classroom work, and to make them want to study and learn.
I'm just saying it can be easy to misunderstand, if you think you are the center of everything. And we should be absolutely sure, before we start the trouble
Old February 24th, 2019, 08:28 AM   #10
Pultost
Mushroom Lover

Pultost's Forum Picture

Quote:
To motivate students, teachers have to be interested in the students and their personality (NOT in a sexual way), to make the classroom work, and to make them want to study and learn.
I'm just saying it can be easy to misunderstand, if you think you are the center of everything. And we should be absolutely sure, before we start the trouble
Yes, there are plenty who think they're irresistible, and probably think their teachers are flirting when they in reality are just helping.
One definitely have to be 100% sure before acting.

Old February 24th, 2019, 01:55 PM   #11
EvaNL
Nice Poster

Name: Goodbye

I agree. A teacher should never flirt with students. And students shouldn't misinterpret professional interest in the student, encouragement and helpfulness for flirting.

It's a fine line, and both sides have to be vigilant and careful to not cross that boundary.

Gone because of excessive trolling
Old February 24th, 2019, 02:13 PM   #12
karacoustic
Bad Wolf

karacoustic's Forum Picture

Name: Kara

I also agree. Never appropriate! And if a teacher says or does something that makes you feel least bit uncomfortable, best to report them! I am sure that most teachers are very conscious of this anyways and are careful with how they talk to us and may come off.

"I am and always will be the optimist, the hoper of far-flung hopes and the dreamer of improbable dreams."
-The Doctor
Old February 24th, 2019, 06:42 PM   #13
Zika
Awesome Poster

To answer the OP: yes.

Quote:

You're absolutely right. And for some girls, it's a right of passage to let others know a teacher flirted with them, whether it's true or not.
I know some teachers suggest never being alone with a student. It's unfortunate they have to take those precautions. I'm friends with a couple teachers and have been to one's house and a few have given me a ride home.
I value those connections, but for some the risk of false accusations is such that they always need a witness around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karacoustic View Post
I also agree. Never appropriate! And if a teacher says or does something that makes you feel least bit uncomfortable, best to report them!
I agree, it's never appropriate for a teacher to flirt with a student.
But perhaps before reporting someone for making them feel the 'least bit uncomfortable,' the person should take a second look at what happened and make sure the comment or action was actually inappropriate.
We all process interactions through our own filters and based on our experiences. It's important to realize that our interpretation of an event may not be what was meant.
People are often quick to make judgments about what someone says and often ignore context.
There's also the option of talking to the teacher directly, before reporting them.
Once an accusation has been made, it can NEVER be undone.

Last edited by Zika; February 24th, 2019 at 07:30 PM.
Old February 24th, 2019, 11:51 PM   #14
Spaceforce1

Spaceforce1's Forum Picture

Name: Evan

Definitely not, at least Ive never noticed if any teacher has. I know I would be weirded out if one of my teachers flirted with me. It would be inappropriate if they did so.
Old February 25th, 2019, 08:14 AM   #15
karacoustic
Bad Wolf

Quote:
Good point, Natacha. I can agree with that.

"I am and always will be the optimist, the hoper of far-flung hopes and the dreamer of improbable dreams."
-The Doctor
Old February 25th, 2019, 11:01 AM   #16
Adamant
Awesome Poster

Adamant's Forum Picture

Name: Adam

If a teacher had flirted with me i don't think I would even be a tiny bit flattered...just weirded out.
Its just not right. Full stop.
Old February 25th, 2019, 04:28 PM   #17
karacoustic
Bad Wolf

@Pultost has actual cred!!! Anita, that thread you made about that teacher you and other students got removed, i don't remember... was that teacher "flirting" would you say? Or just kinda being a creep??

-The Doctor
Old February 25th, 2019, 04:31 PM   #18
Pultost
Mushroom Lover

Pultost's Forum Picture

Quote:
@Pultost has actual cred!!! Anita, that thread you made about that teacher you and other students got removed, i don't remember... was that teacher "flirting" would you say? Or just kinda being a creep??
Huh, I wasn't aware it got removed. Doesn't matter, it was pretty much done, anyway. But no, he wasn't directly flirting with anyone, but he was definitely giving me and other girls "that" look, if you know what I mean, and it happened often. Good riddance.

Old February 25th, 2019, 04:38 PM   #19
karacoustic
Bad Wolf

Quote:
Huh, I wasn't aware it got removed. Doesn't matter, it was pretty much done, anyway. But no, he wasn't directly flirting with anyone, but he was definitely giving me and other girls "that" look, if you know what I mean, and it happened often. Good riddance.
Oh no i was being confusing sorry. I meant you said the teacher himself got removed because of his behavior? But yeah i think a difference can be made between something that could be misunderstood as "flirting" and something more obvious that gives you the creeps? But yea i know what you mean. That was kinda more what i was thinking of when i made my post rather than the fine line behavior that Eva was talking about. Maybe a bit different than the OP was going at.

-The Doctor

Last edited by karacoustic; February 25th, 2019 at 04:42 PM.
Old February 25th, 2019, 04:41 PM   #20
Pultost
Mushroom Lover

Pultost's Forum Picture

Quote:
Oh no i was being confusing sorry. I meant you said the teacher himself got removed because of his behavior? But yeah i think a difference can be made between something that could be misunderstood as "flirting" and something more obvious that gives you the creeps? But yea i know what you mean. That was kinda more what i was thinking of when i made my post rather than the fine line behavior that Eva was talking about.
Ah, no worries. Yeah, he got removed, thankfully. And it was definitely no doubt since so many others felt the same, but otherwise one should be careful with accusations straight away.

Closed Thread