Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old February 16th, 2019, 02:05 PM   #1
mattsmith48
VT Voice of reason

Name: matt
Default Kaepernick Reach Settlement with NFL on Collusion Case

Good for both players, I'm happy for them, but it would have been so entertaining if this thing actually had been to court.

Quote:
Former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick and current Carolina Panthers safety Eric Reid have reached a settlement with the NFL concerning their collusion grievances against the league, it was announced Friday.

"For the past several months, counsel for Mr. Kaepernick and Mr. Reid have engaged in an ongoing dialogue with representatives of the NFL," attorney Mark Geragos and the NFL said in a joint statement issued Friday. "As a result of those discussions, the parties have decided to resolve the pending grievances. The resolution of this matter is subject to a confidentiality agreement so there will be no further comment by any party."

Kaepernick filed a grievance in October 2017 under the collective bargaining agreement, alleging collusion against signing him to an NFL contract.

The filing, which demanded an arbitration hearing on the matter, said the NFL and its owners "have colluded to deprive Mr. Kaepernick of employment rights in retaliation for Mr. Kaepernick's leadership and advocacy for equality and social justice and his bringing awareness to peculiar institutions still undermining racial equality in the United States."

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell, several owners and at least two other NFL executives were selected to be deposed and asked to turn over all cellphone records and emails in relation to Kaepernick's case against the NFL.
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...vance-case-nfl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsmith48
There is no such thing as liberal or conservative media, the only thing the media cares about is either money or the truth.
mattsmith48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2019, 01:20 PM   #2
hayley2003
Great Poster

hayley2003's Forum Picture

Name: Hayley
Default Re: Kaepernick Reach Settlement with NFL on Collusion Case

I've never understood why he was blacklisted. So-what if he took a knee. I mean aren't there other players who do worse. AFAIK, he never was talking trash about anybody, so why blacklist him from the NFL.
hayley2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2019, 02:09 PM   #3
mattsmith48
VT Voice of reason

Name: matt
Default Re: Kaepernick Reach Settlement with NFL on Collusion Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayley2003 View Post
I've never understood why he was blacklisted. So-what if he took a knee. I mean aren't there other players who do worse. AFAIK, he never was talking trash about anybody, so why blacklist him from the NFL.
Because apparently protesting police brutality is worse for business than a player beating up a woman on video, or hitting your kid in the balls with a tree branch, or whatever Ezekiel Elliott did and any other cases of domestic violence from players still playing in the league.

I mean this is the league where the penalty for smoking pot is 4 times worst than cheating your way to the Super Bowl and then lie about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsmith48
There is no such thing as liberal or conservative media, the only thing the media cares about is either money or the truth.
mattsmith48 is offline   Reply With Quote