Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old February 16th, 2019, 01:17 AM   #1
Sevun
Member+

Sevun's Forum Picture

Default Gym Advice!

Hello!
I have finally started at a gym thanks to winning a competition for a free pass. I am really busy in college this year so I don't plan on going seriously and only going whilst my free pass lasts (there is a school gym so I'm not too fussed).
When I do go, I want to complete some of the exercises my running coach has given me as well as to improve my posture.

1. @Sailor Mars, you had an APT guide but I was wondering if you could condense it down to the few key exercises to improve my posture? If you believe your original guide is at its most refined and best, I shall use that then.
2. I am not serious going to the gym and building muscle right now, but if I were, would investing a personal trainer be worth it? Would it be worth it for the beginning so I learn correct technique and develop discipline? Worth it if I had them for a long time? If I didn't have them at all?

Thanks!
Sevun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2019, 01:19 PM   #2
Sailor Mars
Global Moderator

Sailor Mars's Forum Picture

Default Re: Gym Advice!

1. Yeah sure! I would definitely focus on stretching and doing the regular glute bridges. You don’t have to go through every single stretch at the end, but definitely do the cat/cow positions and the hip flexor stretches. Also, look at my reply to Flapjack’s post. Focus on stretching, standing and sitting in good posture, and making sure your hips aren’t tilted back, but aligned, so your pelvis is neutral. Also, same thing goes with your shoulders and chest. Don’t roll your shoulders forward, as it pushes your hips and spine back naturally. Keep them in line, or slightly behind your chest, head high, and push your chest outwards a bit. My dad used to take dance, and he’s told me “imagine the top of your head through your spine to the middle of your feet are on a string.”

2. If you think you need a personal trainer, by all means feel free to invest in one, but it’s ultimately not necessary. I work out all the time and do my routines and exercises purely based off research and prior knowledge. Form can be learned through watching videos and reading, and then seeing yourself in the mirror while working out to make sure you’re in proper form. Discipline is tricky, but a trainer won’t help you develop discipline. You have to push yourself, and make yourself do things and work out consistently, no one is going to do it for you. It’s kind of one of those things if you want to do it, do it,, and if you can’t keep up with it then how much do you really want to do it ?

A trainer would definitely be helpful if you’re not tight on money and if you’re training for very specific goals or sports or competition, but if you’re just working out regularly, you really don’t need one.

"The head may err, but never the blood.
Nice salt pouch, asshole
barely getting bi

~george was here~
~Mike Was Here~
Elysium is the one tru brodie
Sailor Mars is offline   Reply With Quote