Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Closed Thread

Old May 30th, 2004, 04:25 AM   #21
Waiting
VT Lover

Waiting's Forum Picture

ok so what have i missed out on? ok let me reming you that even though the curch considers it "wrong" for gays to get married they also consider it "wrong" for people to get devorced yet i think its 2 out of 3 couples get a devorce.

hmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplemagne
18. Come back when you stop failing.
Old May 30th, 2004, 10:00 AM   #22
Dfsg
Awesome Poster

Oops- sorry about my typo a few posts back!

And yes, the catholic church especially turns down divorces (hehe, good old Henry the VIII). The number is more like 1 in 2 that end in divorce, but that's terrible. I think the church is right, though. Many couples (especially parents) who get into arguments try to be rash. Why can't they work things out?

Back at the turn of the century, 1 in 32 maraiges (give or take) ended in divorce. People talked things out. They made their peace, and kept together. Divorce didn't become really popular until the 80s. It is terrible now to see people with a million ex-husbands or ex-wives who aren't dead.

This just shows how little people really care. You'll fight to save the rainforest or take down nuclear power plants, but you wont take care of your own relationships? Pitiful.

The church knows that these things happen, and people are overreacting often when seeking divorce. Most churches don't even blink when there's abuse involve- they'll divorce ya, but the other squabbling can be fixed.

The church is only looking out for people. They want to keep the laws and traditions of the church alive, as they are the moral things to do. Morality seems almost dead in this country. No one can trust anyone, theives and rapists are everywhere, American community itself has collapsed! All the negative things like this that happen, bring a downward slope in community. They are going up JUST AS FAST as the downward trend in church attendance. Take a look at the charts. You'll find a nice discussion of this is Putnam's "Bowling Alone".

Try to say all these immoral changes are helping the world out. Find me concrete proof.

As always- None of my statements are evaluated by the FDA.

My advice is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any diseases unless prescribed by a health practitioner. All information is provided for educational purposes only and should not replace the advice of your medical doctor.

(but your medical doctor will probably end up killing you )
Old May 30th, 2004, 10:47 AM   #23
JunkBondTrader
Awesome Poster

JunkBondTrader's Forum Picture

Name: Felix

I think gay marage is fine. I don't see a problem.

It's me, Felix.
Name changes annoy everyone, I know.
Old May 30th, 2004, 11:40 AM   #24
TheWizard
Retired Administrator

TheWizard's Forum Picture

Its fine with me. I think it should be legal.

Josh

Old May 30th, 2004, 08:17 PM   #25
UnreflectedMirror

Default For Dfsg

This is a new day and age. Homosexuals deserve MARRIAGE...not civil unions...MARRIAGE.

It should be the right of the church to not let gays marry in their church. Marriage DOES, however, have some benefits that civil unions do not.

Some religious leaders, like the High Priestesses of Wicca, for example, would marry gays if it were legal. Some priests would as well.

According to the Bible, lending money is a sin. Should banks be shut down? Premarital sex is also a sin. Should it be illegal?

The United States was not founded on the church. The church should have no say in what goes on in our government.

Besides...they're are many debates about the words used in the Bible. When translated, "gay" may have meant another word (I forget which). Same with the word that translated as "virgin." In Greek (or Hebrew...one of the two), the word for "virgin" is the same as the word for "young girl." The Immaculate Conception could be a scam. We really need a liberal Greek and a liberal Hebrew expert...as well as conservative ones to debate. Then, there would be less questions.
Old May 30th, 2004, 10:51 PM   #26
Runner
Junior Member+

Actually, if you look back at how the United States became to be....it was founded on Christian principles. But of course, that was hundreds of years ago.

I think marriage is a union of love and committment. As long as you are not trying to marry something other than another human being, for instance your dog, than I am all for it.
Old May 31st, 2004, 12:00 AM   #27
Anonymous
Unregistered

My one question for all the religious people who are against it for religious reasons, isn't everyone created equal? Doesn't God love everyone the same? Doesn't he want happiness for everyone?

Old May 31st, 2004, 10:26 AM   #28
Dfsg
Awesome Poster

Sure, God still loves a homosexual. He loves him or her more than a heterosexual. His love goes out to the more dissipated the most.

But, here is my question: Why not redefine a Civil Union, so it has the same benefits of Maraige? Neither Bush or Kerry want to legalize maraige. John Kerry looks to give more rights to people in Civil Unions, but even he oposes Gay Maraige.

That leaves the government out of arguments with the Church, and preserves separation between church and state.

My advice is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any diseases unless prescribed by a health practitioner. All information is provided for educational purposes only and should not replace the advice of your medical doctor.

Old June 1st, 2004, 04:32 AM   #29
Jono
Awesome Poster

I think that marriage is a Christian thing, although I am most certainly not against gays getting married, if the Church doesn't want to marry gays then fine, it is their religion.

BUT, I think there should be a bond between gays that in the eyes of the Government, is the same as marriage. They have the same rights as a married couple, they change names even, I don't know. But at least then everyone has the same rights.
Old June 4th, 2004, 12:50 AM   #30
kingofpythias

Default Contstitution

what people forget, especially the government, is that being gay can constitutionally be defined as a religion or train of thought. the Protection of Marriage act violates the right to religion. my aunt is a judge and has told me that this is true. We just need to get the government to understand that they are violating my rights as a gay person.
Old June 4th, 2004, 08:18 AM   #31
Dfsg
Awesome Poster

That all depends on your interpretation of the Constitution. A religion is someing for the worship of a particular Diety. No matter what, there must be worship. Do Gays worship the Gay God?

Also, this whole train of thought thing isn't in the Constitution.

Since even you say that Marraige is a religious institution, Then the Constituion SHOULD protect churches. The government should have no power in granting marraige licenses. No Judges, or Sea Captains, or county clerks with a pen. This should leave it in the hands of churches- as it used to be.

You all wave separation of church and state around, yet you forget this also means that the state does not and can not control the church.

That is why our government should only have the power of civil unions.

Old June 4th, 2004, 06:37 PM   #32
kingofpythias

Default Constitution

I have read the constitution. Legally, Budahism is a religion. There are Gay Budahists. But to Budahists, Budahism is a "Train of Thought" or "Beleif", not a religion. So what I meant was, legally, gay Budahists should be allowed to get married. I'm sorry I didn't get into the specifics on as to what I was talking about. . My appoligies. But it isn't just Buddahists. There are many "Beleifs" out there that include gays in their practices. (Catholics for instance.....JUST KIDDING)

I do however support the republican party. (I think Bush should be shot to death but besides him.....) I beleive in their economic policy (with the exception of Bush). Their foreign policy (again without Bush).

I do support that people should all be treated as equals and if straghts can do it then Why Cant I? I am 14 years old and I have a boyfriend. We havn't done anything God wouldn't want us to do. (Seriously, read the Holy Bible, nothing about gays in there.)

According to every reason we fought the Civil War, All people should be treated equally. I just want to know why people can't understand who I am. Why doesn't the United States Government, to which in 4 years I will have to sign a draft card to, love me? Why am I different? My friends dont mind thte fact that I'm gay, but the government does! (please note all my friends are straight.) My parents love me and understand me. But the government doesnt. I just want understood.
Old June 6th, 2004, 02:58 PM   #33
kingofpythias

Default Money

Girls are EVIL
Girls Require Time and Money
Time is Money as the saying goes.
Money is the root of all evil, thus,
Girls are Evil.
Makes me wonder about who all the girls are.
Old June 6th, 2004, 03:07 PM   #34
Waiting
VT Lover

Waiting's Forum Picture

Default Re: Money

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofpythias
Money is the root of all evil.
thats wrong - the love of money is the root of all evil as money cannot be evil by itself

Quote:
Old June 6th, 2004, 03:14 PM   #35
kingofpythias

Default Just Kidding

ooops
I should have mentioned that it was a joke i read. I figured it was something funny the must be shared with the world......
But back to the topic.

I should be allowed to get married regardless of who I am.
Old June 6th, 2004, 03:39 PM   #36
Waiting
VT Lover

Waiting's Forum Picture

teehee, yeah ive seen that before, but still thw love of money is evil, not money, i needed to make that point

Quote:
Old June 6th, 2004, 03:42 PM   #37
kingofpythias

Default interesting

hmmm, funny
I like you. That is a very interesting thing to point out. You see, my family, (unknowing of my sexuality) owns a construction company that builds cement structures like highways and large foundations.
So they have been brought up pretty well. I will make sure never to Love money. I will only love what money can do for the common good or the good of the person using it, (assuming it is for a good purpose).
Is your name really patch?
Old June 6th, 2004, 03:50 PM   #38
Waiting
VT Lover

Waiting's Forum Picture

yeah it is as far as im concerned. well my real names patrick, but my nickname is patch, i prefer it. many people have tried to do good with money but it turns them bad. people with power often go bad. i am weary of that. thanks, whats your real name? im straight, but most of my year thinks im gay, it doesnt bother me, they are all homophobes, i like gays, they have a good sense of humor .

Quote:
Old June 6th, 2004, 03:55 PM   #39
kingofpythias

Default awwww

awwwww how sweet, ill let my Gay Circle know.

My name is Jake but because of my upbringing people call me King.
Old June 6th, 2004, 03:57 PM   #40
Waiting
VT Lover

Waiting's Forum Picture

nice to meet you Jake or king, would your highness like to my diary paint a fridge yellow, and come be kingly there?

Quote:
Closed Thread