no 25 64.10%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old May 22nd, 2004, 04:46 PM   #1
Waiting
VT Lover

Waiting's Forum Picture

Default were all nazis scum?

i wud say no because sum people if the believe in sumtin evuf they wudnt thinking it was right even if it was moraly wrong, we think wat they were doing was wrong, but they think wat we were doing was wrong. whos in the right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplemagne
18. Come back when you stop failing.
Old May 22nd, 2004, 04:51 PM   #2
dying lullaby
Awesome Poster

dying lullaby's Forum Picture

but the way they treat ppl is inhumane and disgusting

http://usera.imagecave.com/aoxfordca/dyinglull4.jpg
^ made by AtlantaWonder ^

She can\'t remember a time when she felt needed
If love was red then she was color blind
leave me be, while i rot and die, in the corner, under the blanket that you gave me when you lied and told me i ment something
~Bri
Old May 22nd, 2004, 04:59 PM   #3
dying lullaby
Awesome Poster

ok, i stand corrected, just the active Nazis treated other humans horribly

leave me be, while i rot and die, in the corner, under the blanket that you gave me when you lied and told me i ment something
~Bri
Old May 22nd, 2004, 05:09 PM   #4
dying lullaby
Awesome Poster

an active Nazi in my mind is one who acted out the Nazi beliefs and killed innocent ppl

~Bri
Old May 22nd, 2004, 05:30 PM   #5
Anonymous
Unregistered

[jane's two cents]
No offense, but you can't tell me that the guards working in those camps [who keep in mind, were NOT high political leaders at all] were good people. The doctors who experimented on prisoners, they weren't political figures, but they still participated. Death camps were kept secret to the allies, however, the towns and cities around the camps knew about the camps due to the smells and noises they heard. Once the allies had liberated the camps, several mayors of several towns surrounding camps commited suicide and left in their suicicde notes something to the effect of that they knew the camps were there and they simply could not live with the guilt of knowing and not saying anything anymore.
[/jane's two cents]

Old May 22nd, 2004, 05:32 PM   #6
dying lullaby
Awesome Poster

i completely agree jane

~Bri
Old May 22nd, 2004, 07:36 PM   #7
TheWizard
Retired Administrator

TheWizard's Forum Picture

Nazi's killed schizos to get rid of them. I'm scared it will happen again.

Josh

Old May 22nd, 2004, 10:43 PM   #8
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
If you are in the military, you follow orders.
Coming from a long line of military personnel and having 19 close friends in the military right now, 17 of them overseas I can let you in on this much: Even if you are given an order, if it is unethical or inhumane you DO NOT follow it. World policy.

Even if the doctors were just experimenting, how does brutally murdering millions of people help mankind in any way? It is quite possible that had Hitler not killed all those people, we would have a cure for cancer by now; therefore maybe the doctors did help mankind, but did they help more than those people they killed might have?

And if you'd like to know where my "bleeding heart" is for the Russians, it's in the same place however I like to stck to the topic at hand which is Nazis, not Russians

Simply put, you have your opinions and I have mine. I may never see your point of view, you may never see mine. Not wrong, not right, but different

Old May 22nd, 2004, 11:03 PM   #9
somedudeyoudontknow

somedudeyoudontknow's Forum Picture

Woah! Tuff topic, but Im gonna try to say sumthin'. Now, the key words here are "al" and "Nazis." The things i you gotta define what a Nazi really is. Now, I'm pretty sure they all believed in white supremacy, more pure European supremacy. All invalids were persecuted. All non-Catholics were persecuted. No, not all the gypsies were wiped out. A few survived in America. Well, so I guess the next question is, does being racist make you scum? Racism unfortunately has becum a part of human nature. Practically every1 discriminates against some other race or religion or watever. Still, that doesn't make it right, but the truth is the truth. I would not go as far to call them scum. I would say they chose to follow a path that was pretty bad even evil. My godmother is Jewish and I love her a great deal. Wait, off topic. Every1's gonna say sumthin', but I would say that the Nazis were not scum, they were more like people whose souls had been hardened. In almopst all cases, the Nazis were oppressed be4 joining the political party. They were just searching for an answer. By goodness, they chose one of the worst answers possible.

\"You don\'t really know a person until you don\'t know what to think of them.\"-Chris A.K.A. ME
Old May 23rd, 2004, 09:37 AM   #10
Waiting
VT Lover

Waiting's Forum Picture

wow i started a realy tough topic here, tis a good one, what i mean by nazis are people who actulary fought in the war, not civilians. this still counts any young boys involved in the war because they were chasing girls, so no they were not ALL scum but SOME were.

Quote:
Old May 23rd, 2004, 10:33 AM   #11
TheWizard
Retired Administrator

TheWizard's Forum Picture

Yeah its a good topic. Scary but good.

Josh

Old May 23rd, 2004, 01:39 PM   #12
Waiting
VT Lover

Waiting's Forum Picture

yay

Quote:
Old May 26th, 2004, 06:38 PM   #13
Happynoodleboio

Imm Jewish, I think they were all bad or mis-informed
Old May 27th, 2004, 01:45 AM   #14
Jono
Awesome Poster

I don't think all Nazi's were bad at all. When you say 'Nazi' you shouldn't include citizens of WW2 Germany, but the Government and any followers.

But the fact remains that only a few groups of people knew about the camps at all. Most Nazi's really didn't know about them. After WW1, Germany was at it's lowest, the Wall Street Crash had made it so bad that a loaf of bread could cost hundreds of thousands of Deutschmarks. The Nazi's had a plan to stop all the suffering and so the people of Germany elected Hitler as the Fuhrer.

They didn't say in their political campaign "We hate ethnic minorites and will kill them" otherwise they would never be elected. They seemed the perfect answer to Germany's problems and for a few years they were! Hitler didn't just start killing people. In fact we were (in Britain) on good terms with Hitler, Chamberlain went and visited Hitler and famously said "Peace in our time" two years before WW2 broke.

We had trade with Germany, at the Docks near me, there are photos of Nazi Blimps ferrying Germans and British people between the two countries.

Only when Hitler outlawed any other political party, thus making Germany a Dictatorship, did things go wrong.

But by then he had such a huge amount of power, even if you did disagree with what they did, you couldn't protest against it or you would be shot, you did as you were told, regardless of whether you liked it or not.

So no, not all Nazi's were scum, in fact, I bet a huge amount of them were pretty decent folk. They didn't want to be shot, they had families too, even the Generals.
Old May 27th, 2004, 08:44 AM   #15
RunAwayMolly
Great Poster

RunAwayMolly's Forum Picture

although they did horrible evil things, everyone still has good in their hearts... even the coldest heart can be warmed.

To win the respect of intelegent people and the affection of children, to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others, to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch... to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is too have SUCCEEDED! - Emerson

<3 Molly Olly Oxen Free!
Old May 27th, 2004, 08:56 AM   #16
Brit Twit
Junior Member+

Okay, i'll assume you don't know much about Nazi Germany.

The only people that were 'scum' were the people in Charge. The people that actually made the decisions to invade Europe and came up with the 'final solution', ect.

Most 'Nazi's' were ordinary men who joined the army for security, or who were conscripted. They were force fed propaganda, don't forget. With exception to units like the SS, Gestapo, ect. The normal German soldier was fighting for his country the same as the UK or US troops did. They were fighting for Germany, not fighting for Hitler.

I feel more hatrid toward the Muslim extremists in the middle east than the German soldiers in WW2.
Old June 5th, 2004, 08:12 AM   #17
Brit Twit
Junior Member+

Quote:
even the coldest heart can be warmed.
Aye, with a flamethrower
Old June 5th, 2004, 08:39 AM   #18
Frªñk
Member+

Frªñk's Forum Picture

Many 'nazis' were just young soldiers following orders, they went with the crowd cos that is what you were expected to do. They were not all evil.
Old June 21st, 2004, 10:54 PM   #19
AC.wAkeBoArDin.06
VT Lover

AC.wAkeBoArDin.06's Forum Picture

Hitler was a great speeker and got everyone to join him....
Im not saying he was a good man but he can manipulate people
and people followed him because they wanted payback on other
countries due to the repairation cost bill they were handed after WWI
and if this wasnt done, then there most likly would never be a WWII
and no holocaust...

See the Movie Swing Kids and you will get why a lot of people
didnt want to be nazis but were forced to and some resisted
where they would be sent off to war and most likly die or be sent
to concentration camps

im jewish myself and i hope not to offend ne other people with my remarks on hitler
Old June 22nd, 2004, 05:29 AM   #20
Mr.BiZzArO_o

no way cuz im german but yet some were i beleive Hitler was a great man and leader but once he got the ideaof global ''purification'' then thats when everyone saw him as an evil man for killing and torturing all those poor jews and for some views such as good movies to watch are.... Life is beautiful,Shinlers list,and The Pianist

[]=={};;;;;;;;;;>HEINRICH<;;;;;;;;;;{}==[]
Closed Thread