Old May 20th, 2004, 09:10 AM   #1
grass
Member+

Default jesus

i was just wondering how many ppl here believe in God
Old May 20th, 2004, 09:34 AM   #2
Shaolin
Awesome Poster

No, i believe religion has caused too much war and chaos in the past.

Such a stupid reason to trigger mass death and destruction.

The bible in itself really means no harm, infact its good for our society. Just if it had never been invented, people wouldn't mis understand and act on their misunderstanding of the bible.

Infact i think the bible was created by insane people. Moses saw a tree, on fire, talking to him. Sounds alot like schizophrenia to me.

If anyone wants immediate advice don\'t hestitate to contact to me on AIM (AOL instant messenger) - aim: vodkasmodka

Eccentric! Not egocentric!
Old May 20th, 2004, 12:23 PM   #3
Waiting
VT Lover

Waiting's Forum Picture

heehe, in my religious study lessons we are proving that God doesnt exist and if he did exist he is some kind of Phsyco Muderer person. and think about this, if god is all forgiving y is there a hell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplemagne
18. Come back when you stop failing.
Old May 20th, 2004, 10:14 PM   #4
dying lullaby
Awesome Poster

dying lullaby's Forum Picture

i believe in God

http://usera.imagecave.com/aoxfordca/dyinglull4.jpg
^ made by AtlantaWonder ^

She can\'t remember a time when she felt needed
If love was red then she was color blind
leave me be, while i rot and die, in the corner, under the blanket that you gave me when you lied and told me i ment something
~Bri
Old May 21st, 2004, 02:09 AM   #5
WhoAmI8505
Junior Member+

WhoAmI8505's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by patch
heehe, in my religious study lessons we are proving that God doesnt exist and if he did exist he is some kind of Phsyco Muderer person. and think about this, if god is all forgiving y is there a hell?
who said there was a hell? think about it like this:

you make a religion and ou believe in it. but no one else believes it too so what do you do, becaus eyou want people to do what you say? you tell the very gullible folkz that if they don't believe what you do that when they die, they will be in an eternal flame forever.

i think any religion that follows one deity hs too many cracks andholes in it. like if hell has eternal flame, and you'll burn there forever, and you don't have any pain receptors, how do yo feel the burn?
Old May 21st, 2004, 12:21 PM   #6
Waiting
VT Lover

Waiting's Forum Picture

okkkkk

Quote:
Old May 21st, 2004, 04:14 PM   #7
Katie

Katie's Forum Picture

I'm Catholic.

does this at all pertain to cutting or self harm?
Old May 21st, 2004, 04:32 PM   #8
Waiting
VT Lover

Waiting's Forum Picture

do u abide by all the rules, and do all the going and asking to forgive your sins and your not gonna have sex untill your married? i could neer do that, havnt got the will power, thats probably y i still cut, can give up

Quote:
Old May 21st, 2004, 05:14 PM   #9
roxy4sixty9
Member++

Location: somewhere on some street in some house in Missouri USA

i belive in god but dont think hes a great as everyone says if i did ever follow someone or thing it would probly be saten so thats me bye

Alone in my world of pain....help me find a way out~~~~Jesse
Old May 21st, 2004, 05:49 PM   #10
TheWizard
Retired Administrator

TheWizard's Forum Picture

I don't believe in anything. To me when you die you become magget food.

Josh

Old May 21st, 2004, 06:51 PM   #11
dying lullaby
Awesome Poster

dying lullaby's Forum Picture

i believe that too. i believe in a little of everything i think

http://usera.imagecave.com/aoxfordca/dyinglull4.jpg
^ made by AtlantaWonder ^

She can\'t remember a time when she felt needed
If love was red then she was color blind
leave me be, while i rot and die, in the corner, under the blanket that you gave me when you lied and told me i ment something
~Bri
Old May 21st, 2004, 09:50 PM   #12
Katie

Katie's Forum Picture

when i was little i used to insult people by calling them 'maggot infested lima beans.' how that came to be, i'll never know.

[/random]
Old May 22nd, 2004, 05:38 AM   #13
Waiting
VT Lover

Waiting's Forum Picture

i wont be maggot food, i will be cremated

Quote:
Old May 22nd, 2004, 04:27 PM   #14
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've seen too much to believe in a God that's there to help us, a God that's supposed to love us, someone who is always supposed to be there for us to catch us when we fall...I suppose there COULD be a God, but he or she clearly doesn't love everyone and I have yet to encounter this so called "God."

Old May 23rd, 2004, 10:32 PM   #15
RunAwayMolly
Great Poster

RunAwayMolly's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin
No, i believe religion has caused too much war and chaos in the past.

Such a stupid reason to trigger mass death and destruction.

The bible in itself really means no harm, infact its good for our society. Just if it had never been invented, people wouldn't mis understand and act on their misunderstanding of the bible.

Infact i think the bible was created by insane people. Moses saw a tree, on fire, talking to him. Sounds alot like schizophrenia to me.

Quite the oxymoron isnt it? Most religions are based on good defeating evil, but yes I believe in God, I also believe that jesus died on the cross for us, to save us.

To win the respect of intelegent people and the affection of children, to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others, to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch... to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is too have SUCCEEDED! - Emerson

<3 Molly Olly Oxen Free!
Old May 23rd, 2004, 10:35 PM   #16
RunAwayMolly
Great Poster

I just wish I were better about it. Sometimes I wish I were an athiest because then I wouldnt have to worry about heaven/hell so much, but growing up in a christian family you come to believe and there is no changing your mind.

To win the respect of intelegent people and the affection of children, to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others, to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch... to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is too have SUCCEEDED! - Emerson

<3 Molly Olly Oxen Free!
Old May 24th, 2004, 01:39 AM   #17
Jono
Awesome Poster

I have grown up believing in God, and although I don't have a complete view on Him, I believe there is something else after death...
Old May 24th, 2004, 01:39 AM   #18
Jono
Awesome Poster

Actually, I'll move this to debates
Old May 24th, 2004, 03:18 AM   #19
Dfsg
Awesome Poster

Hold it- who is trying to say that God is all forgiving? He is only forgiving if you believe that through Jesus Christ you are forgiven. Anyone who opts not to take that forgiveness gets a wonderful time in Hell.

Here's a shocking theological fact- God doles out your punishment in hell, not Satan. Satan dwells on earth corrupting souls.

So, other people have said that there are too many holes in the Bible. This is completely not true. Look at the some 300 prophesies about Jesus's birth, life, and resurection. Every single one of them came true. 33 prophesies were made based on his birth, and for each one of them to come true, it was a 1:1,000,000,000,000,000 (one quadrillion) possibility. I've heard this analogy: Cover the earth in one square foot tiles. One has a star on the bottom-side. The chances of Jesus's birth are near to the chances of you flipping over the right tile.

Also- there was a reference to the burning bush. How would Moses be Schizophrenic? He put his hand in the bush, and he didn't burn. Does his "schizophrenia" control the burning properties of fire? I think not- that takes the devine.

Well, as you can tell, I'm a very faithful Christian, and you'll never take that away from me!

As always- None of my statements are evaluated by the FDA.

My advice is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any diseases unless prescribed by a health practitioner. All information is provided for educational purposes only and should not replace the advice of your medical doctor.

(but your medical doctor will probably end up killing you )
Old May 24th, 2004, 02:47 PM   #20
RunAwayMolly
Great Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfsg
Hold it- who is trying to say that God is all forgiving? He is only forgiving if you believe that through Jesus Christ you are forgiven. Anyone who opts not to take that forgiveness gets a wonderful time in Hell.

Here's a shocking theological fact- God doles out your punishment in hell, not Satan. Satan dwells on earth corrupting souls.

So, other people have said that there are too many holes in the Bible. This is completely not true. Look at the some 300 prophesies about Jesus's birth, life, and resurection. Every single one of them came true. 33 prophesies were made based on his birth, and for each one of them to come true, it was a 1:1,000,000,000,000,000 (one quadrillion) possibility. I've heard this analogy: Cover the earth in one square foot tiles. One has a star on the bottom-side. The chances of Jesus's birth are near to the chances of you flipping over the right tile.

Also- there was a reference to the burning bush. How would Moses be Schizophrenic? He put his hand in the bush, and he didn't burn. Does his "schizophrenia" control the burning properties of fire? I think not- that takes the devine.

Well, as you can tell, I'm a very faithful Christian, and you'll never take that away from me!
AMEN BROTHER! I understand this completely... its just so hard to be a christian nowadays because of temptation... i admit i am not worthy and never will be, but the fact that i have the oppotunity still makes me believe.

<3 Molly Olly Oxen Free!
Closed Thread