Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old June 27th, 2004, 10:39 PM   #21
Dfsg
Awesome Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by teenboy9
Wow I never knew you were so liberal. Weed for medical purposes I can understand, but not casual use. Also there are a good number of deaths each year in clubs from kids doing ecstasy either from not getting enough water (because you can dry out quickly on E) or if the pill is mixed with something else can also cause death. Now if it was legal and mass marketed, then you would not have to worry about the latter, but I see no good reason to make it legal. Almost all drugs have negative long term effects, and I do not see why its a good idea to make people unheathy. (Unless it can be used for a medical purpose, but then it still would be for short term use, only given out by doctors.
Well, it's slightly less than a "good number". The problem with ecstasy is not the drug, but the fact that people take it at large raves. In a place that is already hot and sweaty, you don't want a drug that raises your body temperature. If used correctly, it works better than any antidepressant, and any side effects go away soon after discontinuing the drugs. New York had a whopping 2 deaths due to ecstasy last year. Other antidepressant type drugs are causing many more problems, and have many more deaths.

As always- None of my statements are evaluated by the FDA.

My advice is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any diseases unless prescribed by a health practitioner. All information is provided for educational purposes only and should not replace the advice of your medical doctor.

(but your medical doctor will probably end up killing you )
Dfsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2004, 04:02 AM   #22
Waiting
VT Lover

Waiting's Forum Picture

true. the only problem is wen you mix it with booze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplemagne
18. Come back when you stop failing.
Waiting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2004, 08:19 AM   #23
Frªñk
Member+

Frªñk's Forum Picture

Hmmmmmmmm drugs should be legal but only to people who are sensible and know all the risks etc. I believe people should have a choice but if they are too young or too ignorant to understand what they are doing then they shouldn't.

\"I couldn\'t wait \'til I got home
To pass the time in my room alone\"
Frªñk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2004, 09:10 AM   #24
Dfsg
Awesome Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by patch
Yeah... But that's the case with lots of drugs, legal and illegal. I personally would rather people take homeopathic remedies than ecstasy or antidepressants. But that's just me

My advice is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any diseases unless prescribed by a health practitioner. All information is provided for educational purposes only and should not replace the advice of your medical doctor.

Old June 28th, 2004, 06:15 PM   #25
UnreflectedMirror

Default Legalize Drugs?

Well, I think that drugs should be legal. Alcohol is, in many cases, just as harmful or more harmful to others (while you are inebriated). If you want to mess yourself up, go ahead! We are more dangerous drunk in a car than high in a car.
UnreflectedMirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2004, 08:00 PM   #26
SocKs
Awesome Poster

theyre illegal for a purpose
SocKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2004, 09:38 PM   #27
teenboy9

Dfsg, your right it is not many people, but when one of those people turns out to be someone you know, thats one person too many. I think any drug that can be more beneficial then harmful for a medical use should be allowed. But people are not very responsible all the time, and with use of a drug like E is all to easy to end badly. There is no reason to put people in harms way like that, there is no reason to change that state wide yearly death number from 2 to 10.
teenboy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2004, 09:22 AM   #28
Jono
Awesome Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by teenboy9
Dfsg, your right it is not many people, but when one of those people turns out to be someone you know, thats one person too many. I think any drug that can be more beneficial then harmful for a medical use should be allowed. But people are not very responsible all the time, and with use of a drug like E is all to easy to end badly. There is no reason to put people in harms way like that, there is no reason to change that state wide yearly death number from 2 to 10.
I totally back up that comment.
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2004, 03:37 PM   #29
teenboy9

Ok, you said you disagree, but then you said the same thing I said. Well a thousand deaths is a lot, and the few hundreds of the people that each drug user knows will cry. Not to mention the protest of many parents worried that their child may try E. (And if you know what the average parent is like, thats a lot of protest) Thats a lot of screams and tears, and all that put to the side, we cant argue about something and be like, "No one is going to miss a few thousand dead." I may have taken your post in the wrong way.
Old June 29th, 2004, 11:24 PM   #30
boognish
A Pleaser

i think that drugs should be legal. if drinking and smoking are legal drugs than coke and weed should too. also todays society is rebelious and where there are rules there is a rebel waiting to break it. get rid of the rule and soon it becomes a lost fad...you see if the gov. hadnt made it illegal in the height of the hippe fad it would have left with it. also kids can die quicker on other drugs than weed. cough syrup for example, if drinken in large amounts you can get a buzz, but you have a higher risk of dieng than if you jumped in front of a semi. so just make them legal. thank you
boognish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2004, 08:09 AM   #31
RunAwayMolly
Great Poster

RunAwayMolly's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWizard
I think weed should be legal.
Agreed, but thats it. Hard drugs, stay illegal like coke and glass. Those are a deffinate no.

To win the respect of intelegent people and the affection of children, to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others, to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch... to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is too have SUCCEEDED! - Emerson

<3 Molly Olly Oxen Free!
RunAwayMolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2004, 08:46 AM   #32
Dfsg
Awesome Poster

Back on the ecstasy topic for a moment, Yes, I would be very upset if my best friend was one of the two people to die from the ecstasy.

Yet, if my friend took effexor, or Paxil, or Zoloft, they would have a much higher chance of death. Just look at the reports.

The FDA lied to us about ecstasy (go figure). The best reports they have on ecstasy resulted from a scientist studying crystal meth in mice. And Crystal meth is not ecstasy. When scientists did do unpublished reports on it, it was much less damaging than most other things we decide to put in our bodies.

Old June 30th, 2004, 04:00 PM   #33
teenboy9

Well if this is true (and I trust it is) then I cant honestly argue the E angle either way. But some people keep saying basically, [this drug. or drinking ] is legal and its bad, so since thats legal, so should other bad stuff. All drugs are not all the same. Withdrawl from coke can feel like someone taking away the closest person you know. That feeling is incrediblly different then other kinds of drugs, you cant blanket all these substances in one pile and say since some are legal, all should be. There is something called a responsible drinker, and to an extent, there is something called a responsible drug user. But once something becomes an addiction, you can no longer be in control and no longer be responsible.
Old July 19th, 2004, 08:21 PM   #34
Shaolin
Awesome Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfsg
Quote:
Yeah... But that's the case with lots of drugs, legal and illegal. I personally would rather people take homeopathic remedies than ecstasy or antidepressants. But that's just me
Hahahah!

Have you seen someone on E? That's not treating depression that's over kill!

If anyone wants immediate advice don\'t hestitate to contact to me on AIM (AOL instant messenger) - aim: vodkasmodka

Eccentric! Not egocentric!
Shaolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2004, 09:02 PM   #35
gonova

I think drug shold be legaal let pepople do what thay want is long as thay dont hur t any one but them self
gonova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2004, 10:49 PM   #36
Dfsg
Awesome Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfsg
Quote:
Hahahah!

Have you seen someone on E? That's not treating depression that's over kill!
Yet it was used as an anti-depressant many years before ecstasy was all over the news for being so harmful. People recover from their seretonin deficiency much quicky after taking ecstasy than other anti-depressants. It has a lot of benefits over anti-depressants.

Old July 20th, 2004, 09:58 AM   #37
Shaolin
Awesome Poster

What i meant by over kill is, if you have seen someone on E, they are so happy they will hug a stranger. Then the next day its a huge harsh comedown.

I personally think all drugs should be legal, i smoke weed more than once a week and i find it way more beneficial than dangerous, it opens your mind, gives you ideas you would never have (brilliant for creative inspiration), makes it way more fun to be around people, everything is slightly more comical than usual, the bad side is feeling tired afterwards and hunger (although i dont count that as bad, its a side effect and i love eating).

It's really not as bad as the DEA like to make it out to be.

If anyone wants immediate advice don\'t hestitate to contact to me on AIM (AOL instant messenger) - aim: vodkasmodka

Old July 22nd, 2004, 07:28 PM   #38
kjfp2008
Unregistered

Default Drugs Not to Be Legal

I think drugs should not be legal because they will be the downfall of our society and crime will increase alot and will just cause lots of problems
Old July 22nd, 2004, 09:05 PM   #39
Anonymous
Unregistered

lol if you want them to be ligal then become pres. and make them ligal wiz
Old July 22nd, 2004, 09:26 PM   #40
Shaolin
Awesome Poster

Default Re: Drugs Not to Be Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjfp2008
I think drugs should not be legal because they will be the downfall of our society and crime will increase alot and will just cause lots of problems
Care to explain how?

Infact, if drugs were regulated, produced and controlled by the government, we would know by law exactly what would be in them, addicts could get their fix without dieing (at treatment centres) and the economy would just go up and up, because taxing drugs = money.

Amsterdam is a prime example of where this is working well. You don't see terrorist uprisings and drugged up hippys with machine guns mowing down families and what not.