Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Closed Thread

Old June 27th, 2020, 11:50 PM   #61
Pultost
Mushroom Lover

Pultost's Forum Picture

Name: Anita
Default Re: How come there are people with 500+ posts that have been banned?

No one is safe. Newbie, veteran, doesn't matter. When VT thinks it's time for you to go, your fucked. It's just the way it is.

I see myself as a diplomat. Got a problem with that, asshole? Huh??
Old June 28th, 2020, 05:46 AM   #62
Atlantis
Administrator

Atlantis's Forum Picture

Name: George

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zika View Post
Let's be clear here. When @PlasmaHam said "I support and encourage regular users to report and call-out any suspicious accounts," he was making a distinction between reporting to mods and calling out in public. It's disingenuous for you to say you encourage people to "call out" suspicious user.
Perhaps "call out" in my post was a wrong choice of words. You know what I meant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pultost View Post
No one is safe. Newbie, veteran, doesn't matter. When VT thinks it's time for you to go, your fucked. It's just the way it is.
If a newbie or veteran breaks the rules in such a way they deserve a ban, they get banned.

-MIKE WAS HERE-

*Mars was here
Old June 28th, 2020, 11:12 PM   #63
Zika
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantis View Post
Perhaps "call out" in my post was a wrong choice of words. You know what I meant.
What I know from experience is, you use ambiguous terminology to allow you to later turn back on what you said.

I clarified what you meant to prevent others from falling into that trap.

You're welcome.
Old July 3rd, 2020, 08:00 PM   #64
Diable rouge
Awesome Poster

Diable rouge's Forum Picture

Name: Pseudo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zika View Post
Perhaps you're right, but I feel members should see when someone in banned, other than if they happen to come upon an old post of theirs. And many people posted in these 'outting' threads and posts that they were comforted by seeing this in the open.

I feel strongly about the safety of members of this site, especially the younger ones (those rare ones who actually are younger) (and I'm tired of reading the fictitious BS posts by fakes) and more and more I'm convinced the admin/mods objection to these posts is to cover up the degree of risk on this site. I was particularly moved to see the thread about 'what percentage of people on this site do you think are fake' was closed because it was 'inappropriate to talk about this.' What message does that send?
Actually I did not exactly exactly wrote what I wanted to say, but you got the idea. Yes, members should easily be able to see some simple, non-privacy breaking reason to why an account is blocked. How it is implemented in the forum remains to be seen depending on the technical ability of the owner and the ability of the software to support it. It would anyway be better than nothing at all.

At least it would encourage people to register, as they would know why accounts have been banned, and it would show admins are actively banning fake accounts and people who do not respect the rules. New members would easily see this forum is not a "no rules, no limits" place.
Old July 3rd, 2020, 08:08 PM   #65
Barbara.
Barbie Doll

Barbara.'s Forum Picture

Name: Barb

It has been written many times and is the simple, don't break the rules and you won't get banded.

Old July 17th, 2020, 04:09 PM   #66
Confused_panda

I'm not on here much really, but I've just come on to find the three people I've talked to most by far on here have been banned (JamesCam, ShineintheDark and Spooky_Eli). It quite disconcerting to see apparently nice people you've had good chats with, suddenly banned and to have no idea why they've gone. Even a general reason in a section of the forum only admins can post to would help - "Inappropriate DMs" or whatever, something like that.
Old July 17th, 2020, 05:22 PM   #67
Just JT
VT Lover

Just JT's Forum Picture

Name: JT

Surprised this thread is still open to post in.
But anyways, privacy issues Im sure prevent the information you want.
Just be cool with the face the admin and mods are doing their job, and trust that, and youll be fine

/https://www.virtualteen.org/forums/signaturepics/sigpic116857_12.gif
Voted most likely
to wind up in jail
2017 VT Awards
Old July 17th, 2020, 05:50 PM   #68
MentallyChaotic
Member+

MentallyChaotic's Forum Picture

Name: Niels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confused_panda View Post
I'm not on here much really, but I've just come on to find the three people I've talked to most by far on here have been banned (JamesCam, ShineintheDark and Spooky_Eli). It quite disconcerting to see apparently nice people you've had good chats with, suddenly banned and to have no idea why they've gone. Even a general reason in a section of the forum only admins can post to would help - "Inappropriate DMs" or whatever, something like that.
I would disagree. I prefer not to know what happened. If they just broke the rules, then so what, we move on. If they were fakes and stalking me, I would prefer not to know. Perhaps it is a form of denial, but if they ever decide to reveal the reason for bans, I want to be placed on the "Do Not Tell Me" list.

Last edited by MentallyChaotic; July 17th, 2020 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Fix my spelling, as usual
Old July 18th, 2020, 02:20 AM   #69
hayley2003
Great Poster

hayley2003's Forum Picture

Name: Hayley

Hi, seems like a catch-22, or whatever its called, when all options have a down side, so it becomes a choice between selecting the best option that has the least downside.

By not telling everyone the reasons for a ban causes people to complain about not knowing enough. However, telling people the reasons for a ban, causes people to argue about the reasons for ban and further demand proof be provided that justifies the ban, which kinda seems like it would just endless black hole of wanting more details about each ban and continued hair splitting about if the final straw was a valid reason.

It is my perception that a couple of people who have been banned were intentionally targeting the moderators.

Just my thinking, not an expert.

See Ya!
Old July 19th, 2020, 08:11 PM   #70
Croconaw
Water Type

Croconaw's Forum Picture

If a member has that many posts and has been banned, there is usually a much darker reason behind it. I would be thankful the the staff are doing a great job.

However, some members can ask to be banned if they wish to leave the site forever.

Los Angeles Kings Fan Los Angeles Dodgers Fan
Old July 20th, 2020, 03:59 PM   #71
Diable rouge
Awesome Poster

Diable rouge's Forum Picture

Name: Pseudo

I strongly disagree with the FAQ that has been written recently. My opinion has already been explained here.

Why do you have that sudden need to protect the "privacy" of accounts who broke the rules ?
If an account is a fake person, there is no private information, it is entirely invented, there is no privacy to protect.

If an account has done something wrong, for example inappropriate behaviour, then saying in 3 words, with a general wording, why the account has been banned does not reveal any personal information.

Furthermore, in REAL life, when someone is sentenced at the tribunal, his name is made public and everyone can be aware of what has been said at the tribunal.

Do not break the rules, and no explanation will be needed to explain why you have been banned.
Break the rules, and you have to accept a fair sentence to protect other members of the forum. If you did not want that to be shared, then you should not have broken the rules.

This way of working, in my opinion, protects banned people at the expense of the rightful members of the forum.
Old July 20th, 2020, 06:23 PM   #72
Croconaw
Water Type

Croconaw's Forum Picture

The reason they dont disclose the reason for banning people is to protect the persons privacy that has been banned. We dont need to know why someone has been banned. Personal information is completely unrelated to this. Its like when someone is suspended from school. The school wont disclose the reason to other students why the suspended student was suspended.

That is between the student and the school principal. It doesnt matter what the member did to get banned. They dont deserve the entire forum to know why.

Los Angeles Kings Fan Los Angeles Dodgers Fan
Old July 25th, 2020, 02:22 PM   #73
Oskarr-Padawan-2005
Awesome Poster

Name: Oscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayley2003 View Post
Hi, seems like a catch-22, or whatever its called, when all options have a down side, so it becomes a choice between selecting the best option that has the least downside.

By not telling everyone the reasons for a ban causes people to complain about not knowing enough. However, telling people the reasons for a ban, causes people to argue about the reasons for ban and further demand proof be provided that justifies the ban, which kinda seems like it would just endless black hole of wanting more details about each ban and continued hair splitting about if the final straw was a valid reason.

It is my perception that a couple of people who have been banned were intentionally targeting the moderators.

Just my thinking, not an expert.

See Ya!
I dont agree that mods should go as far as provide evidence, but just enough information on the reason

If the user was banned for lets say prerending to be 13 yo while he was actually 23, other users here may not be aware of the ban, and will continue to talk to him, still thinking he is 13
Old July 25th, 2020, 09:31 PM   #74
Pultost
Mushroom Lover

Pultost's Forum Picture

I totally rest my case. I was in a dark place and scared shitless when people got banned left and right, but I realize now it was a damn good reason for it. And now when it's apparently creeper season, I'm really glad those are being axed out.

Old July 26th, 2020, 05:22 AM   #75
hayley2003
Great Poster

hayley2003's Forum Picture

Name: Hayley

Hi, Seems like the stress level has gone down the past couple of weeks, at least it kinda seems that way, but maybe I am not reading the topics where people area yelling at each other and picking fights

See Ya!
Old August 1st, 2020, 05:50 PM   #76
Ralph.S.G.R
Member+

Ralph.S.G.R's Forum Picture

Name: Ralph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pultost View Post
I totally rest my case. I was in a dark place and scared shitless when people got banned left and right, but I realize now it was a damn good reason for it. And now when it's apparently creeper season, I'm really glad those are being axed out.
for all the people that were banned?

Hello, Hola, Hallo and Salom!
Thank-you for reading down my comment this far but, truly, there is nothing interesting here for you.
Old August 1st, 2020, 05:53 PM   #77
Pultost
Mushroom Lover

Pultost's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph.S.G.R View Post
for all the people that were banned?
Yeah, it was probably that so many were banned at once, and new members were short lived, but it's become clear to me now that they were most likely previously banned ones who tried again with different usernames.

Old August 1st, 2020, 06:29 PM   #78
Atlantis
Administrator

Atlantis's Forum Picture

Name: George

I think this thread has more than served its purpose by now. If you still have questions that havent been answered either in this thread or in the bans FAQ thread (though it seems as though most people are happy now) feel free to get in touch

-MIKE WAS HERE-

*Mars was here
Closed Thread