Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

View Poll Results: Will we ever see the end of war?
Yes I belive we will 2 14.29%
No like past fallen civallizations, we are doomed to repet our mistakes 12 85.71%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 16th, 2004, 07:37 PM   #1
Whisper
Ancient Gmod

Whisper's Forum Picture

Name: Kodie
Default War?

Do you think hummanity will ever rise above war?
Or do you think we will forever be haunted by war, that we are doomed to repeat the mistakes of the past?

♫♪Κodie♪♫
Whisper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2004, 11:03 PM   #2
Dfsg
Awesome Poster

I agree with Cebmont completely. Thus, there is no correct answer from your poll. There should be another option on there.

As always- None of my statements are evaluated by the FDA.

My advice is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any diseases unless prescribed by a health practitioner. All information is provided for educational purposes only and should not replace the advice of your medical doctor.

(but your medical doctor will probably end up killing you )
Dfsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2004, 11:08 PM   #3
SocKs
Awesome Poster

I think there is a reason for war...its for people like myself that who screwed up theyre life in the first 20 years of theyre life. I think if you die in war it isnt really fair and you get another chance to live a succesful life.
SocKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2004, 11:51 PM   #4
Dfsg
Awesome Poster

Hey, I'm looking into an ROTC schollarship, wich includes free college, 400 dollars a month, a few year stint in the army, and then I can join up with militia, work 10 more years, and have a pension at 35

What's wrong with war?

My advice is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any diseases unless prescribed by a health practitioner. All information is provided for educational purposes only and should not replace the advice of your medical doctor.

Old July 17th, 2004, 05:04 AM   #5
Whisper
Ancient Gmod

Whisper's Forum Picture

Have you guys ever thought about how many children died at Heroshima or Nagasaki? And that's only two examples in a very long and bloody list, I don't have a problem with a man or woman dying in war but I do when children pay the price.

♫♪Κodie♪♫
Old July 17th, 2004, 09:24 AM   #6
TheWizard
Retired Administrator

TheWizard's Forum Picture

War sucks. The idea of killing people sucks. Why can't people live without fighting?

Josh

TheWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2004, 10:24 AM   #7
Whisper
Ancient Gmod

Whisper's Forum Picture

I personally think every life is precious, and I don't belive I have the right to take one.

So why did America get all pissed off when the twin towers fell and a small chunck of the pentagon collapsed. All the American politicans could talk about is how it's all Canada's fault we harboured the terrorists. Which is a bunch of bull, but America was scared see you thought you were safe then boom 9/11 and it all changed. You started frantically looking for someone to blame and Canada was your first target.

Then on top of that after Canada took Americas bull Canada still decided to help. Then some dumb triger happy American killed in cold blood many good Canadian soilders and acted like it was no big deal. Their were a few diplomatic appologize but that was it.

By the way where exacly are the weapons of mass destruction?

I'm not saying that nothing good has come from the War on Terrorism I just don't think America should have turned on one of it's allies so fast and without any proof.

O and by the way a nuclear winter would preaty much mean every living thing on earth would die a very painful death from a lethal radiation dosage; your organs would liquify, you would drown in your own blood, o and you would have really nasty leigions. I know i'm missen a few symptoms but I can't think of them.

I just think diplomacy and peace are better than war.

Now I know your all gonna hate me seeing as how most of the pep's on VT are from America, but this is my opinion. If i've hurt you or made a remark that you think is racist or somthing then i'm sorry, this is a just a debate and that's not what I'm trying to say, i'm just using these examples to make a point.

♫♪Κodie♪♫
Old July 17th, 2004, 11:03 AM   #8
Whisper
Ancient Gmod

Whisper's Forum Picture

I watched the news with my mom all the time and they blamed it on us. They said that "Canada is the perfect place for terrorists to hide while they plot against this great country" You go hop on a plane and tell me that security is the same.

♫♪Κodie♪♫
Old July 17th, 2004, 11:56 AM   #9
Dfsg
Awesome Poster

Well, people upset with us bombing Japan, think of this. We had lost tens of thousands of people taking Okinawa, the final step before landing men on Japan. On Okinawa, we had the support of the natives, decent medical care, and there weren't too many Japanese to kill. We landed without incident, and took most of the island.

Then Japan fought back and killed, I believe, 60,000 Americans.

Now we were facing Japan. Japan was fully militarized. Everyone was practically militia. There were military officers going around and training communities to fight off the Americans. All the little "innocent" children were willing to kill the Americans to protect the God-Emperor Hirohoto. He was their God and their Emperor.

We had no help this time. No medical help, no local help. The Islands were a hundred times bigger than Okinawa, with a much higher population. 60,000 would be a one day loss of lives, not the 2 month loss that we had on Okinawa.

We killed many militia, but very few, if any, were innocent.

Old July 17th, 2004, 12:39 PM   #10
Whisper
Ancient Gmod

Whisper's Forum Picture

Your right as usual Cebmont Elenoure their is.....This is security

In a speech before a joint session of Congress nine days after the 9/11th attacks, U.S. president George W. Bush said he was creating a new White House office, the Office of Homeland Security. The new office was to coordinate the work of more than 40 federal agencies, including the Department of Defense and the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), in order to prevent and respond to future terrorist attacks on U.S. territory.

The daily living and working patterns of Americans changed in the aftermath of the September 11 attacks. Identity checks became more common. Air travel grew more complicated, as security personnel tightened screening procedures. Another legislative product of the attacks was the Aviation and Transportation Security Act, signed into law in November. As of January 18, 2002, all checked luggage had to be either screened by explosive detection machines or bomb-sniffing dogs, searched by hand, or at a minimum, only loaded onto a plane if the passenger who checked the bag was confirmed to be on board. In airports across the country, armed National Guard troops were stationed at security checkpoints. Armed federal marshals flew on many flights, especially those considered to be at a higher risk of hijacking.

So my friend where's your proof?

♫♪Κodie♪♫
Old July 17th, 2004, 01:50 PM   #11
teenboy9

There is a lot I want to respond to. Some people have said things that I never could imagine coming out of someone’s mouth if they thought twice about it. But there is waaay to many of those thoughts to go through. Maybe I just am surprised about the lack of compassion for fellow human beings voiced in this thread. War is momentary retardation of the human mind. It is one of the flaws we carry, and until we evolve into something more even minded, it will be something we will carry with us. I have personally met four people who have fought in a war, and heard maybe three others. They all talked about how horrible it was, and surprisingly almost all of them used the term "hell on earth" in some form. One man, who I met after he spoke at my school fought in Vietnam, and told me that war is the most disgusting horrible thing you will find in the world. He and a few others spoke about this "innocent view" of war. The people who support it but never fought in a real battle. That see it for its little positives, but cannot really see how much death and destruction they cause. They ALL said war is something that can only really be understood when experienced. I have never been in a war, (thank God) and do not really know what it is like. But if you listen to these people talk about war, and you look them in the eye you believe them.
teenboy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2004, 02:13 PM   #12
Lost_and_fallen
Member++

Lost_and_fallen's Forum Picture

*Claps*
Lost_and_fallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2004, 02:43 PM   #13
Dfsg
Awesome Poster

So Teenboy, you are now the President of the United States. A terrorist group succedes in destroying the two of the largest office buildings in the world, and the nations's most important military building is severely damaged. Another plane headed to Chicago is downed in Pennsylvania. Thousands of people are dead.

What is your plan? Don't declare any war and send a bunch of flowers to Bin Laden asking him to stop, and be nice?

Old July 17th, 2004, 03:24 PM   #14
Whisper
Ancient Gmod

Whisper's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfsg
So Teenboy, you are now the President of the United States. A terrorist group succedes in destroying the two of the largest office buildings in the world, and the nations's most important military building is severely damaged. Another plane headed to Chicago is downed in Pennsylvania. Thousands of people are dead.

What is your plan? Don't declare any war and send a bunch of flowers to Bin Laden asking him to stop, and be nice?
3,000 to be exact

♫♪Κodie♪♫
Old July 17th, 2004, 04:50 PM   #15
TheWizard
Retired Administrator

TheWizard's Forum Picture

Well baba can't find Bin Laden. Two wars latter and Bin Laden is still laughing at baba.

Baba is to stupid to catch Bin Laden. He would rather attack a country with no WMD's such as Iraq.

Who will he attack next? How many men must die because baba has no clue what he's doing?

Josh

TheWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2004, 09:43 PM   #16
Dfsg
Awesome Poster

Well, less Americans have died in the past 3 years of fighting terrorists than on the one day that terrorists decided to attack us.

And the Americans fighting now- It's their job. That is what they chose to do, and they are payed well because they have a risky job. Many people who have been killed were there with a private company making ten times more than a counterpart in the United States. They accept the risk.

So an American dies in the course of battle. That is a sad thing, but it is an honorable death, and they took a risk.

If we never had wars, then there would be millions of people out of work, and unemployment would be through the roof. Thank God we haven't lost too many people in this conflict, though.

Old July 18th, 2004, 12:42 AM   #17
teenboy9

I said war is a horrible thing, not that it should never be done. For example WW2 was one of the times where fighting back was the only option. It was a horrible choice, but it could not be avoided. One of the problems with war as a tool is that it is very sloppy. When it is used to solve problems, very quickly the war becomes the focus, and not the actual problem. Also there is this stupid idea that simply because your not attacking them back, does not mean your being friendly with them. War and take attention off the actual problems needing to be solved, countries have to waste their resources and people on a war instead of solutions.
teenboy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2004, 01:30 AM   #18
Pit Lord

if we have to go to war, so be it. ill be in the front lines, if its for a good reason, of course. 8)

The Predator had his wristblades around the humans neck. his neck was just perfect to fit between the blades. Before he dealt the fatal blow, something erged him to look back. He saugh the wounded human with the minigun that he had stabed with his spear. his eyes went wide. He herd the chain spin up, Then there was only blackness
Pit Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2004, 09:08 AM   #19
Shaolin
Awesome Poster

Everyone seems to be forgetting Afghanistan, that was pretty much a failed conflict. The Al Quedia may have been broken up, but that just makes it harder to find them.

Also if you kill 1 Bin Laden, there will always be 100 more to come, some with even more sinister intentions even planning to carry out their actions again in America with a more devastating effect.

Iraq, was doing pretty much fine before the War. The WMD haven't been found, Bush is losing alot of credit, does anyone really think Iraq is better now (after having thousands of bombs drop on their soil and thousands of soldiers and tanks marching around like they own the place),

If anyone wants immediate advice don\'t hestitate to contact to me on AIM (AOL instant messenger) - aim: vodkasmodka

Eccentric! Not egocentric!
Shaolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2004, 11:28 AM   #20
Pit Lord

it is happy sadam is gone, but thats it. there bloody pissed we are still there. i want to know why we went there again, anyway. also, i dont think there will be peace in the world for along time. not enell we have robots to do our fighting, then still there will be war. i think, war is inevitable. the u.s.a. seems to be unable to not have war.

The Predator had his wristblades around the humans neck. his neck was just perfect to fit between the blades. Before he dealt the fatal blow, something erged him to look back. He saugh the wounded human with the minigun that he had stabed with his spear. his eyes went wide. He herd the chain spin up, Then there was only blackness
Pit Lord is offline   Reply With Quote