Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old April 6th, 2021, 10:01 PM   #1
Texasnexus

Default Depressin????

So not sure what I would classify this as but I guess I am very hot and cold. Like when things are going good and in doing things right I just roll and keep doing better and better and my confidence soars but as soon as something happens that makes me doubt the high I was in like if I mKe a small mistake all those high feelings crash and I look at myself negatively and that all the high feelings were wrong and stupid. There's like no middle ground for me and it confuses the hell out of me. What's wrong with meeeee
Texasnexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2021, 05:28 AM   #2
HighVamp913
Great Poster

HighVamp913's Forum Picture

Name: Tay
Default Re: Depressin????

Don't be too hard on yourself, life got that part downTake it easy

~Forever the Wild-Card~
Taste the rainbow
Admirer of the little things
Come get my ass, preferably in one piece
I don't usually send
friend requests, gotta
send it to me

-Hayley was here-
HighVamp913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2021, 12:58 PM   #3
Second Chance
Awesome Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasnexus View Post
So not sure what I would classify this as but I guess I am very hot and cold. Like when things are going good and in doing things right I just roll and keep doing better and better and my confidence soars but as soon as something happens that makes me doubt the high I was in like if I mKe a small mistake all those high feelings crash and I look at myself negatively and that all the high feelings were wrong and stupid. There's like no middle ground for me and it confuses the hell out of me. What's wrong with meeeee
What you describe could be a normal part of puberty because the hormones make folks act as you describe. Then again, you might have something else going on especially if you are feeling consistently as you have described above.

My strong suggestion is that you need to sit down with your parents and tell them what you have told us. It is all right the way you feel and what you have described because a lot of people have those issues. You are not a freak or have anything wrong with you. You just might need to get some help to put things in perspective, and after getting help, then you will grow up to be a well adjusted adult. Everyone has issues, but the thing is that when you run into an issue you have to deal with it instead of just sitting on it and hoping things will get better on their own.

If this means anything, make sure you develop a support structure on which you can depend when you are feeling down. That can include parents, grandparents, uncles, aunts, cousins, extended family, friends, friends' parents, a trusted teacher, or even the school counselor. There are so many resources out there nowadays for people feeling as you do that it is up to you to reach out and make use of them. When you make use of the resources around you, then you will get better with time.

Remember, you are not alone, and things will be all right if you get help. Do not wall yourself off from others because that will make things really bad.
Second Chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2021, 02:55 AM   #4
OttoGabriel

Depression is normal and every person goes through it at one point in life. The approach you take is what matters. You are unique and special. Tough times don't last. Tough people do. You will make it. Dust yourself off and walk over those issues. Thank you!!
OttoGabriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2021, 07:55 AM   #5
ska8er
Legendary Member

ska8er's Forum Picture

Name: Andy

Your 13 and hormones released now during
puberty r reeking havoc with your mind.
Everyday life now is like a rollercoaster. So
hang in there and chill.
ska8er is offline   Reply With Quote