Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old September 2nd, 2020, 04:56 PM   #21
Bostonian

Name: Jack
Default Re: Was the shooting of Jacob Blake justified?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Mars View Post
Breaking the law =/= deserving to die
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Blake was still alive.

I finally hit 100 posts! Feel free to shoot me a DM!
Bostonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2020, 05:09 PM   #22
Sailor Mars
Global Moderator

Sailor Mars's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Blake was still alive.
He is, but hes paralyzed and handcuffed to his bed in the hospital. I was speaking to the fact that the cops shot to kill, and have done so in other cases

"The head may err, but never the blood.
Nice salt pouch, asshole
barely getting bi

~george was here~
~Mike Was Here~
Elysium is the one tru brodie
Sailor Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2020, 05:19 PM   #23
Bostonian

Name: Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Mars View Post
He is, but hes paralyzed and handcuffed to his bed in the hospital. I was speaking to the fact that the cops shot to kill, and have done so in other cases
I also thought they removed the handcuffs.

I finally hit 100 posts! Feel free to shoot me a DM!
Bostonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2020, 06:45 PM   #24
Sailor Mars
Global Moderator

Sailor Mars's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian View Post
I also thought they removed the handcuffs.
I havent read the news in the past couple days, but I think last I saw 3-4 days ago he was. \_(ツ)_/

"The head may err, but never the blood.
Nice salt pouch, asshole
barely getting bi

~george was here~
~Mike Was Here~
Elysium is the one tru brodie
Sailor Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2020, 07:10 AM   #25
Dmaxd123
Nice Poster

after listening to the podcast: Under The Yellow Tape episode #6 it might change some of your minds.

the way the facts are laid out so far it sounds justified and the guy goes into detail why the "independent" medical examiner's report won't be as good as the first one done, the details leading up to the shooting

i think that was also the podcast that the guy goes into the details of WHY cops "shoot to kill" it's because other options have been exhausted, there is a deadly threat and they shoot for the core mass because it's the biggest target so increases their chances under pressure of neutralizing the situation
Dmaxd123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2020, 06:11 PM   #26
lliam
VT Lover

lliam's Forum Picture

Name: Liam
Location: The new ground on the hill with the Pacific beach nearby and the great wild beyond.

Even it's common to always use several sources to get information on any news, I think as a summary of the current status of the J.Blake case, the article on Wikipedia informative enough what's the actual state of Jacob Blake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Blake was flown to Froedtert Hospital in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin.[19] His father announced on August 25 that Blake was paralyzed from the waist down and that doctors do not yet know if it would be permanent.[26] He also suffered a gunshot wound to one arm and damage to his stomach, kidney, and liver; he had to have most of his small intestines and colon removed.[27] Blake was initially handcuffed to his hospital bed and guarded by two officers due to an outstanding warrant. The handcuffs were removed and the officers stopped guarding Blake after he posted bond.

Investigation and legal process
Kenosha police referred the investigation of the shooting to the Wisconsin Division of Criminal Investigation. The investigation's findings will go to district attorney Michael D. Graveley, the local official responsible for deciding whether to bring charges against the officers. Graveley stated on August 25 that the investigation was in "its earliest stages".[30] On August 25, the United States Department of Justice also announced an investigation into the shooting. The investigation will look into whether Blake's civil rights were violated.[31]

Blake's family retained civil rights attorney Ben Crump, who also represented the families of Trayvon Martin and Michael Brown, to represent Blake in their civil suit.[32] Crump called for the officer who shot Blake to be arrested, and others involved to be fired.[33]

On August 26, Wisconsin attorney general Josh Kaul announced that officer Sheskey was the only officer who fired his weapon. All were placed on administrative leave.[34]

On August 28, the police union said that most narratives about the shooting were wholly inaccurate and purely fictional, including information from Blake's attorneys.[22] It also criticized a statement released by the Wisconsin Department of Justice's Division of Criminal Investigation, which is leading the investigation into the police shooting, as "riddled with incomplete information."[22]

On September 4, Blake pleaded not guilty to the July sexual assault charge, appearing via Zoom from his hospital bed.[35]

And reading about the outcome of some protest marches, I thought it became downright a epic fail. such as:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia

Ruins of a Mattress Shop and Danish Brotherhood Lodge that burned during riots[36]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Jacob_Blake

"Life is that prison you'll never leave alive."

lliam is offline   Reply With Quote