Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old June 10th, 2020, 01:08 AM   #21
Xxx_Lilly_xxX
Junior Member+

Xxx_Lilly_xxX's Forum Picture

Name: Mel
Default Re: Can a person be gay\bi and be a Christian?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pultost View Post
Absolutely. Those who claim that LGBT people can't be Christian as well are dead wrong.
i agree with you * give yo ua cookie*
Xxx_Lilly_xxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2020, 07:59 PM   #22
Jacobaa

Jacobaa's Forum Picture

Name: Jake

I am bisexual I think and i am a christian and both of my dads are Christian. I think it depends on who you ask and i suppose we will find out eventually haha
Jacobaa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2020, 05:26 PM   #23
scotthouse

I believe God doesnt care what someone is....... Dont listen to made up religons trying to control people...... God is the important one
scotthouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2020, 02:20 PM   #24
West Coast Sheriff
Legendery Veteran

West Coast Sheriff's Forum Picture

Name: F.

AS IF IT IS A CHOICE

I am bi pan Or Not completely heterosexual (str8 leaning. But I’m definitely something

I can’t help how I feel about some guys.

I am attracted to non binary and gfluid on occasion
I really like girls and if it were up to me that’s all I’d like. But it’s not up to me
And my sexuality is what it is

I believe in Christ I believe in good in part because I believe in evil
THE DEVIL, bad decisions brain malfunctions lies deceit and bad habits. Trickery and manipulative. Sloth and self indulgence.

I was raised Catholic
I need Christ. I need Jesus. I need his mother Mary’s saving grace. They guide me toWards love.

Neither are choices for me
But that’s kinda not true because the element of acceptance imPlies choosing to accept myself as I am

THESHERIFF
Visit the links below if you'd like

West Coast Sheriff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2020, 05:21 AM   #25
thewilddog

thewilddog's Forum Picture

Name: Mrs.Birthday Dog

Chapters 18 and 20 of Leviticus form part of the Holiness code and list prohibited forms of intercourse, including the following verses:

"You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination." Chapter 18 verse 22[1]
"If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them." Chapter 20 verse 13[2]
In Matthew 19 (and parallel in Mark 10), Jesus is asked if a man can divorce his wife. In that context, Jesus replies:,

He answered, 'Have you not read that the one who made them at the beginning "made them male and female" [note 1], and said, "For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh" [note 2]? So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.'

 Matthew 19:46 (NRSV)[52]
Take what you will with these verses, but God designed Marriage. Did he design marriage for two men, or women...? No he designed it for a man and a woman. God also designed the world without lists or theirs, does that mean there aren't any..? God wanted the best for everyone. You and me, and he knew what was right and what was wrong.
Take what you will.

The Wild Dog
Tech Breakout Forum: here
I love to code PM me, I love to chat
thewilddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2020, 10:15 AM   #26
scotthouse

But thats just from a made up bible,it means nothing really,....
scotthouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2020, 05:08 PM   #27
Oskarr-Padawan-2005
Awesome Poster

Name: Oscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewilddog View Post
"If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death;
What about the "You shall not kill " ?

Quote:
Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.'
Nice. So we should live with someone you dont love any more or that you have big problems living with, rather than divorce ?

Last edited by Oskarr-Padawan-2005; July 5th, 2020 at 02:33 PM.
Oskarr-Padawan-2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2020, 07:40 AM   #28
Stamford

Stamford's Forum Picture

Name: Josh

The vicar of a nearby church to me is openly gay. He is quite rightly accepted by just about everyone apart from 1 or 2 bigots that you will get anywhere.
Stamford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2020, 10:55 AM   #29
KatieCO2003
Awesome Poster

KatieCO2003's Forum Picture

Name: Katie

Remember, the Bible also tells us how to treat our slaves, and that Lot had sex with his own daughters.
I've always had issue with people that take the current bible as the literal exact word of God. When we all know full well that THE BIBLE as we know it today, and as they often quote, is the King James version. Yeah... version. Which means, there are other versions like the current Catholic Bible. And, if you've really studied to bible, you know it is a collection of books and letters and songs. It didn't start as one single thing. And what got included and left out has been the subject of great councils, and centuries-long debates, and even wars.
So with all that, why is there so much focus on one or two phrases from the Old Testament?

Because people are scared of anything that is different.
KatieCO2003 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2020, 04:16 PM   #30
thewilddog

thewilddog's Forum Picture

Name: Mrs.Birthday Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oskarr-Padawan-2005 View Post
What about the "You shall kill " ?

Nice. So we should live with someone you dont love any more or that you have big problems living with, rather than divorce ?
With divorce, from my personal view, the eople never "fitted together" to start with, they weren't fully 1 they were still 2. This is why we before marriage is bad, itgoes against god's plan, like killing, stealing and lying. And about Lot: God never said marry your sister, it's like saying because that person stole in the Bible it's right, well no stealing is not right. And one more thing to think about: if the Bible is untrue, who sets the standard of what is right or wrong...? Who says that, if gay marriage is right, then why isnt raping someone right...? DISCLAIMER I am not comparing gay people, to rapists.

Tell me what you think!

The Wild Dog
Tech Breakout Forum: here
I love to code PM me, I love to chat
thewilddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2020, 03:56 AM   #31
Oskarr-Padawan-2005
Awesome Poster

Name: Oscar

Quote:
With divorce, from my personal view, the eople never "fitted together" to start with
The problem is they thought they did. And in the end they realize they dont, or they dont anymore. So what should people do ? Live together for like 20 years to be sure they fit and then get married after like 20 years ?

Quote:
Who says that, if gay marriage is right, then why isnt raping someone right...?
Maybe just because 2 guys getting married dont cause harm to anyone whereas a rapist does ?
Oskarr-Padawan-2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2020, 12:48 PM   #32
MentallyChaotic
Junior Member+

MentallyChaotic's Forum Picture

Name: Niels

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayley2003 View Post
In the documentary the religious people are so obsessed that is starts to become funny. Its kinda like they would be just as obsessed if they believed God only accepted right handed people, and they felt they needed to pass laws to make it illegal to be lefted handed because being left handed was immoral.

Seems more logical from their perspective to make "affairs" immoral and illegal, but they accept those as being OK, or at least not too bad.
I loved this comparison... because there was a time when Catholicism believed that left-handed people were born evil, and could not get into heaven. So church schools tried to teach them to be right handed.

I think one needs to be careful to differentiate the bible as two books: the old testament is a history of the hebrews/romans. The new testament is the beginning of christianity (first, as a Jewish sect, then as a separate movement, then as a religion) and the teachings of the two books are very different. The new testament is really the only one of the two that deals with christianity, and it is also more into love and acceptance and tolerance.
MentallyChaotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2020, 12:36 PM   #33
FirstMate
Junior Member+

Name: Matt

I'm catholic and gay. I don't think my sexuality is in conflict with my religious beliefs.
FirstMate is offline   Reply With Quote