Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old June 27th, 2020, 11:50 PM   #61
Pultost
Mushroom Lover

Pultost's Forum Picture

Name: Anita
Default Re: How come there are people with 500+ posts that have been banned?

No one is safe. Newbie, veteran, doesn't matter. When VT thinks it's time for you to go, your fucked. It's just the way it is.

I see myself as a diplomat. Got a problem with that, asshole? Huh??
Pultost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2020, 05:46 AM   #62
Atlantis
Administrator

Atlantis's Forum Picture

Name: George

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zika View Post
Let's be clear here. When @PlasmaHam said "I support and encourage regular users to report and call-out any suspicious accounts," he was making a distinction between reporting to mods and calling out in public. It's disingenuous for you to say you encourage people to "call out" suspicious user.
Perhaps "call out" in my post was a wrong choice of words. You know what I meant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pultost View Post
No one is safe. Newbie, veteran, doesn't matter. When VT thinks it's time for you to go, your fucked. It's just the way it is.
If a newbie or veteran breaks the rules in such a way they deserve a ban, they get banned.

-MIKE WAS HERE-

*Mars was here
Atlantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2020, 11:12 PM   #63
Zika
Frozen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantis View Post
Perhaps "call out" in my post was a wrong choice of words. You know what I meant.
What I know from experience is, you use ambiguous terminology to allow you to later turn back on what you said.

I clarified what you meant to prevent others from falling into that trap.

You're welcome.
Zika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2020, 08:00 PM   #64
Diable rouge
Awesome Poster

Diable rouge's Forum Picture

Name: Pseudo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zika View Post
Perhaps you're right, but I feel members should see when someone in banned, other than if they happen to come upon an old post of theirs. And many people posted in these 'outting' threads and posts that they were comforted by seeing this in the open.

I feel strongly about the safety of members of this site, especially the younger ones (those rare ones who actually are younger) (and I'm tired of reading the fictitious BS posts by fakes) and more and more I'm convinced the admin/mods objection to these posts is to cover up the degree of risk on this site. I was particularly moved to see the thread about 'what percentage of people on this site do you think are fake' was closed because it was 'inappropriate to talk about this.' What message does that send?
Actually I did not exactly exactly wrote what I wanted to say, but you got the idea. Yes, members should easily be able to see some simple, non-privacy breaking reason to why an account is blocked. How it is implemented in the forum remains to be seen depending on the technical ability of the owner and the ability of the software to support it. It would anyway be better than nothing at all.

At least it would encourage people to register, as they would know why accounts have been banned, and it would show admins are actively banning fake accounts and people who do not respect the rules. New members would easily see this forum is not a "no rules, no limits" place.
Diable rouge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2020, 08:08 PM   #65
Barbara.
Barbie Doll

Barbara.'s Forum Picture

Name: Barb

It has been written many times and is the simple, don't break the rules and you won't get banded.

Barbara. is offline   Reply With Quote