Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old May 22nd, 2020, 06:00 PM   #1
Stronk Serb
Kebab Remover

Stronk Serb's Forum Picture

Default What's the ruckus with abortions?

Yeah, yeah, people will claim it's murder. Sure, it's killing a fetus, but not murdering it since it is not sentient. It's literally like whacking a mosquito, culling a cow etc.

Now my solution to bring down abortions, without criminalizing them, because it will just cause more problems, is quite simple.
Not sure how it is in the US, so I will use examples from Serbia. We too have a strong anti-abortion movement.

> Make wages livable- many abortions happen because the mother is economically incapable to raise it. If the God-fearing capitalists would actually offer a livable wage, the amount of abortions would shrink.
> Sexual education- if you beat it into a teen's head to use a condom, or any other contraceptive measure, the rates will drop. Shunning sex simply makes it become something more desired and unsafe because of a lack of education.
> Lack of shaming- both before, and now, people look with disdain at unmarried people having a child, especially if the relationship isn't serious, or is a product of one encounter. In both urban and rural areas here, young women who become pregnant usually abort out of fear of public humilation or by being disowned by cinservative family.

Making it illegal will just force women from rich strata of society to go abroad and do the abortions, while poor women will have to use coat hangers and have further complications from that.

VT's most likely to become president of 2017 & 2019
VT's leading expert on Slavology and anything Slavic-related, if you have some questions of Slavic nature, just send me a VM or a PM
Stronk Serb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2020, 09:19 PM   #2
Pultost
Mushroom Lover

Pultost's Forum Picture

Name: Anita
Default Re: What's the ruckus with abortions?

I'm not against it per se, it's all about the why and the circumstances.

I see myself as a diplomat. Got a problem with that, asshole? Huh??
Pultost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2020, 01:40 AM   #3
Stronk Serb
Kebab Remover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pultost View Post
I'm not against it per se, it's all about the why and the circumstances.
Neither am I, sorry if the post came off as such. These are some of my ideas because here, women are sometimes forced to sign a contract saying they will not have children for x amount of years when signing up for a job. Or if they are illegally hired, they are threatened with termination if they don't abort. Yet we have politicians who want to outlaw abortion, while being friendly to the businesses and the church. It's desoicable.

VT's leading expert on Slavology and anything Slavic-related, if you have some questions of Slavic nature, just send me a VM or a PM
Old May 23rd, 2020, 01:44 AM   #4
Spooky_Eli
Awesome Poster

Spooky_Eli's Forum Picture

Name: Spooky Eli.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stronk Serb View Post
Neither am I, sorry if the post came off as such. These are some of my ideas because here, women are sometimes forced to sign a contract saying they will not have children for x amount of years when signing up for a job. Or if they are illegally hired, they are threatened with termination if they don't abort. Yet we have politicians who want to outlaw abortion, while being friendly to the businesses and the church. It's desoicable.
You always make Sirbia look like such a desirable place����

the place where you ask RattleHead questions, and he answers them.
Athiest, (*that akward feeling u get when u realize u spelt Atheist worng, I before E except after C my ass)

"Stop repeating what you hear on flat earth videos and catch up to the 17th century" - ProfessorDave
Spooky_Eli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2020, 07:11 AM   #5
Pultost
Mushroom Lover

Pultost's Forum Picture

Name: Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stronk Serb View Post
You didn't, I only gave my two cents about it. Being forced to do so is not okay of course, it should be 100% up to the woman who's expecting.

I see myself as a diplomat. Got a problem with that, asshole? Huh??
Pultost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2020, 10:26 AM   #6
HeyCameron
Awesome Poster

HeyCameron's Forum Picture

Name: Cameron

I agree with your recommendations.

Many people who are opposed to abortion support blanket bans and are not willing to consider why people get abortions, why certain demographics get them at higher rates, etc. Ultimately I am not a fan of abortion, but I accept that it will happen, so if we want to reduce rates of abortion, then we need to tackle the social problems that lead to more unwanted pregnancies. We need to realize that concern for human life should include concern for life after the baby is born.

Dancer. Avid reader. Wannabe intellectual. Disillusioned, but not cynical.

"The world is a comedy to those that think, a tragedy to those that feel".
HeyCameron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2020, 02:39 PM   #7
Stronk Serb
Kebab Remover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky_Eli View Post
You always make Sirbia look like such a desirable place����
I am just being realistic. It sounds depressing, but to be honest, every society has its problems. We shouldn't shun them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyCameron View Post

Many people who are opposed to abortion support blanket bans and are not willing to consider why people get abortions, why certain demographics get them at higher rates, etc. Ultimately I am not a fan of abortion, but I accept that it will happen, so if we want to reduce rates of abortion, then we need to tackle the social problems that lead to more unwanted pregnancies. We need to realize that concern for human life should include concern for life after the baby is born.
Tackling the main causes goes a long way in tackling the end result. People just unwilling to do it.

Old May 23rd, 2020, 06:26 PM   #8
SouthernDude
Nice Poster

SouthernDude's Forum Picture

Name: Matt

I am pro-life. I get why people have abortions, but I just don't think it's right. You're denying a baby a shot at life. If you don't want the child, there are so many things that you can do to get the child out of your hands. Thousands of couples can't get pregnant and are desperately wanting children. You can give your child to them. Or you can put them up for adoption. I understand people will still have abortions, but that's beyond my control.

Feel free to PM me at any time

http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/sh....php?p=3926873 - my (new) AMA
SouthernDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2020, 10:53 PM   #9
Oskarr-Padawan-2005
Awesome Poster

Name: Oscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernDude View Post
I am pro-life. I get why people have abortions, but I just don't think it's right. You're denying a baby a shot at life. If you don't want the child, there are so many things that you can do to get the child out of your hands. Thousands of couples can't get pregnant and are desperately wanting children. You can give your child to them. Or you can put them up for adoption. I understand people will still have abortions, but that's beyond my control.
Yeah, in a perfect world, all abandoned babies would be adopted by parents who love them like their own child. But you and I we both know it's not the case, not all babies are adopted, some will stay in foster, others will go from family to family, and I learnt just last week that in the US, adoptive parents can "get rid" of the child at any time. So I'm not so sure that by not aborting you give him a fair shot.
And any way, we're talking about a fetus, who is not grown up enough to have a conscience, much less realizing whether or not he has a shot in life
Oskarr-Padawan-2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2020, 06:38 PM   #10
MatthewBehnke

MatthewBehnke's Forum Picture

Name: Matthew

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernDude View Post
I don't get the "put them up for adoption" option, adoption is always a risk and some of the kids might have mental problems, abuse problems, and that kind of makes people not want to adopt kids, even if the parents may have been good, its still discouraging for people to adopt due to the risks involved with the kids being not mentally developed or in mental ruin, fetuses don't live until they are out of the womb or in their later months of being in the womb, what would be denying a baby a shot at life is slaughtering it alive or possibly somehow killing it nearly before its born.
MatthewBehnke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:09 AM   #11
Bostonian

Name: Jasper

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyCameron View Post

I agree completely. I can add nothing more.

No frills, no thrills, no fuss.
Bostonian is offline   Reply With Quote