Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old December 10th, 2020, 05:47 PM   #21
lliam
VT Lover

lliam's Forum Picture

Name: Liam
Location: The new ground on the hill with the Pacific beach nearby and the great wild beyond.
Default Re: What do you think of almost certain new US President-elect Joe Biden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowfox View Post
Anyway he is gonna be last elected president of USA. There will be no more elections ever. When ever he steps down he is just going to name next president after him and so on.
That maybe the case when the Reps stay the way in politics as they do know, assumed they choose a trumpish like candidate but with a way more smarter brain.

The current president-elect is, however, a symbol that Americans are very likely to stand up for their democracy when they see a president developing dictatorial ambitions or being totally incapable doing whats really need to be done.

Biden would not have won a normal election if his opponent had been a likewise more liberal Republican, but one thing is certain, he will in no way pursue policies that will run America down any further than Trump did.

"Life is that prison you'll never leave alive."

lliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2020, 12:06 AM   #22
Snowfox
Banned

Name: Pyry
Default Re: What do you think of almost certain new US President-elect Joe Biden

Quote:
Originally Posted by lliam View Post
That maybe the case when the Reps stay the way in politics as they do know, assumed they choose a trumpish like candidate but with a way more smarter brain.

The current president-elect is, however, a symbol that Americans are very likely to stand up for their democracy when they see a president developing dictatorial ambitions or being totally incapable doing whats really need to be done.

Biden would not have won a normal election if his opponent had been a likewise more liberal Republican, but one thing is certain, he will in no way pursue policies that will run America down any further than Trump did.
What I am talking is that Dems make sure that once they have power it becomes absolute power. Making GOP illegal and sending every gop member to gulags/prisons or straight up killing them.
Its widely known that in Bidens inauguration party they will flay Barron Trump to death and drink his blood and eat his flesh.
Anyway USA will become one party state either the way I described or by gerrymangering.
Snowfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2020, 05:31 AM   #23
hayley2003
Great Poster

hayley2003's Forum Picture

Name: Hayley

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernDude View Post
Well, the main thing that people like about him is his America First stance. No putting other countries before us, he does what is in America's best interest.

I think he has some decent foreign policy stances. For example, he pushed to bring troops out of Syria and Afghanistan, tried to repair relations and de-nuclearize North Korea, and pulled out of the Iran Nuclear Deal, which allowed Iran, someone who we're not friends with, have nuclear weapons to possibly use against us. He also began building a US-Mexico border wall to help keep out coyotes, drug smugglers, rapists, and terrorists (to a smaller scale).

He helped improve the economy significantly. Before COVID hit, we had the strongest economy we've ever had. More people were employed than ever before. Under Trump, we had the highest black and women employment rates in history.

I will admit, he has the biggest mouth of anyone I've ever seen and doesn't know when to shut it. I don't like that about him. But I generally like the way he's done things the last four years.

Hope this helps clear some things up and hope we can have a rational discussion.

-SouthernDude
Hi, I get what you are saying, you are saying the pros out number the cons. I might even agree with some of what you have pointed out as the pros.

A good way for me to explain what I fail to understand is to use an example. Example: I might meet someone who I find has a lot good qualities, friendly, helpful to others, good since a humor, generous, and has many other qualities I value in people I enjoy being around. But that person, on occasion refers to black people as "n*ggers". That is a deal breaker for me. No matter what other great qualities that person has, calling black people "N*ggers" is not an issue that I will ever compromise on or rationalize away as being OK because that person has so many other great qualities, or is very nice and respectful to others except black people. IMO, calling black people "N*ggers" can never be offset by other positive qualities or impressive accomplishments. The only way to off set is to understand why it so wrong and stop being that person who thinks that being racist is acceptable with heart felt regret for having once been that person.

This is a very indirect example because I am not suggesting I am describing Donald Trump. I don't think he has any of the positive traits as I just describe, and to be fair to him, I have no idea if he has ever refer to black people as N*ggers. The example is not about him.... What he has done IMO is crossed so many lines that I find offensive that no matter what he might have accomplish as president that can be considered of value to some people, it does not compare to harm\damage he has done by just being Donald Trump-the person.

Additional, to even more fair to Donald Trump, he is just being himself. He is authentic. If he were not president, nobody would really care, and the harm\damage he has done would be contained to a much smaller circle of people, not 330 million people in the US + millions more around the world. Howard Stern summed it up well, its the people who voted for him and follow him as cult leader that are the real problem because they endorse or rationalize his methods, encouraging him to give them more and more of the same. His hardcore supporters enjoy that he is mean\cruel towards others and insults them with nasty nicknames with the goal to create fear in others so they remain silent and don't dare speak up when they disagree with him.

One "Trump" Example I can point out is Trump's refusal to accept he lost the 2020 election, and now attempting to spin it into being an election full of massive voter fraud and conspiracies against him. There was only one big massive conspiracy, 81 million people voted for Joe Biden, not Donald Trump. Its how our system is designed to work. IMO, a real leader that I can respect would do what most leaders do with they lose, such as when a football team lose a game (or any other sport) they accept that the better team won that day, and they are motivated to become even better so not to make the same mistakes that caused them to lose. The team that lost doesn't whine and claim the winning team cheated insisting the results be over turn by pointing to minor errors in a imperfect system that will never be 100% perfect. The clock ran out, one team had a better score, no cheating occurred.

Sorry, this ended up being much longer than planned.

See Ya!

Last edited by hayley2003; December 11th, 2020 at 05:43 AM.
hayley2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2020, 05:50 AM   #24
Ralph.S.G.R
Nice Poster

Ralph.S.G.R's Forum Picture

Name: Ralph

Hes not exactly inspiring... and he is bloody old...
But hes an improvement on what came before I would say.

Can I just excuse the fact that I have biscuits and chocolate for breakfast by saying its continental? Whats the difference between a Mars bar and a pain au chocolate?
Ralph.S.G.R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2021, 12:13 PM   #25
JustAnAveragePerson

JustAnAveragePerson's Forum Picture

Name: Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernDude View Post
I'm not a fan of him. I'd rather have Trump for another term. Also, he's older than dirt so it's almost guaranteed that Harris will be President next.

But it seems 95% of the time people didn't vote for Biden, they voted against Trump
That's not incorrect. The funny thing is that if this COVID-19 event didn't happen Trump almost certainly would have won. In my opinion he brought this upon himself considering he didn't tell the American public how big this could be. Such a shame too, given how Trump was doing pretty well for the economy before. I mean those trends were set under the obama administration and many economic things he takes credit for were linear, at least he could take credit for it, and at least he didn't screw it up. Then 2020 hit, and he most certainly did screw it up.
JustAnAveragePerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2021, 12:19 PM   #26
HFrint
Member++

HFrint's Forum Picture

Name: Henry

He doesnt know which way is up

Hell probably forget why he got elected

Be happy in your skin... its how god made you.
HFrint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2021, 05:15 PM   #27
JustAnAveragePerson

JustAnAveragePerson's Forum Picture

Name: Mason

I'd rather gave him than Trump, but I hope he's as moderate has he originally intended. I still want a republican president in 2024 as long as it isn't trump
JustAnAveragePerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2021, 12:43 PM   #28
Maxfun

Maxfun's Forum Picture

Name: Max

He can't be any worse than Trump!
Maxfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2021, 02:35 PM   #29
HighVamp913
Member++

HighVamp913's Forum Picture

Name: Tay

Can't be any worse [knock on wood]

Taste the rainbow
Admirer of the little things
Come get my ass

Lust and Love are D I F F E R E N T
R O M A N T I C and P L A T O N I C are D I F F E R E N T
HighVamp913 is offline   Reply With Quote