Virtual Teen Forums
 

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 4th, 2005, 07:56 PM   #181
<-Dying_to_Live->
VT Lover
 
<-Dying_to_Live->'s Forum Picture
 
Join Date: January 30, 2005
Location: Athens
Default

it doesnt show weakness, it shows power. your afraid to insult people, and conversely that shows weakness. all your facts are fake, so i always disregard them completly
<-Dying_to_Live-> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2005, 08:44 PM   #182
Shaolin
Awesome Poster
 
Join Date: March 21, 2004
Location: England - United Kingdom
Gender: Undisclosed
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmos
it doesnt show weakness, it shows power. your afraid to insult people, and conversely that shows weakness. all your facts are fake, so i always disregard them completly
Ha, if you thought in Congress during a debate everyone could just stand up and shout cock sucker your wrong. Also in the house of commons people don't just stand up and shout "DICKHEAD!" when they are losing an argument.

Insulting is a PRIMITIVE method of expressing your anger.

Im not afraid to insult people, infact naturally im a very agressive person, although as a counselour and moderator on this forum i avoid as much insulting as i can.

Not throwing insults at each other is not a sign of weakness, its a sign of maturity.

As i've said many times before...Grow up!

Prove to me my facts are wrong, fool.

This is for the UK, it's about the same level in the US - 50% of teenagers have tried cannabis!

http://www.addaction.org.uk/Pgwhat.htm

This is for the USA (the white house - now disregard my facts kid)

http://www.whitehousedrugpolicy.gov/...ctsht/druguse/

Prove to me those statistics aren't reliable.

If anyone wants immediate advice don\'t hestitate to contact to me on AIM (AOL instant messenger) - aim: vodkasmodka

Eccentric! Not egocentric!
Shaolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2005, 08:48 PM   #183
<-Dying_to_Live->
VT Lover
 
<-Dying_to_Live->'s Forum Picture
 
Join Date: January 30, 2005
Location: Athens
Default

those statistics are completely reliable. when was the last time i ever disagreed with you about the number of people who do marijuana? im completely agree, and thats why i think its imperative someone tries to get people to stop. and do you think i give a shit about how your parilament works? no. insulting is not a primitive way of showing anger. name other ways of displaying anger? swearing? looking ticked off? making hang gestures?
<-Dying_to_Live-> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2005, 09:10 PM   #184
Shaolin
Awesome Poster
 
Join Date: March 21, 2004
Location: England - United Kingdom
Gender: Undisclosed
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmos
those statistics are completely reliable. when was the last time i ever disagreed with you about the number of people who do marijuana? im completely agree, and thats why i think its imperative someone tries to get people to stop. and do you think i give a shit about how your parilament works? no. insulting is not a primitive way of showing anger. name other ways of displaying anger? swearing? looking ticked off? making hang gestures?
In contrast to....

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmos
it doesnt show weakness, it shows power. your afraid to insult people, and conversely that shows weakness. all your facts are fake, so i always disregard them completly
So all my facts are fake, which is why you disregard them completly.

So by telling you i got these facts from government websites, means that you disregard the governments facts.

You said "If you do drugs i hope you die" that's 50% percent of the teenage population, half your friends would be dead.

"insulting is not a primitive way of showing anger. name other ways of displaying anger? swearing? looking ticked off? making hang gestures"

Yes it is, a child throws a tantrom and swears and shouts obscene things at his mother, is the child immature, yes! If an older child says these things, and by now he should have learnt otherwise, then is he immature yes, and hes using a primitive defense mechanism.

Insulting is when you display your thoughts in a way to someone else in an attempt to hurt their feelings or 'insult' them. That is not a sign of strength, it's a sign of being an immature little brat.

If anyone wants immediate advice don\'t hestitate to contact to me on AIM (AOL instant messenger) - aim: vodkasmodka

Eccentric! Not egocentric!
Shaolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2005, 09:33 PM   #185
<-Dying_to_Live->
VT Lover
 
<-Dying_to_Live->'s Forum Picture
 
Join Date: January 30, 2005
Location: Athens
Default

A) insulting is not an immature way of handling anything, no matter what you say

B) when i contradicted myself the first time i was making a generalizing because most of the shit that flies out of your mouth is that, shit. and besides, i said the second quote AFTER the fact you presented that was true. therefore im not negating myself at all. and no, my friends dont do drugs, i know that for fact. you honestly believe that half of my firends do drugs just because 50% have done drugs? thats ludicrus. you know how they say every 15 seconds someone dies from drunk driving? do you honestly believe that if you count to 15 at that exact moment someone will die, and only after another 15 seconds another person will die? i hope not, cuz then youd be stupid. its just an average. just because of 50% of the loser population has done drugs (and most of that was a one time experimental thing), doesnt mean any of my friends have. tard
<-Dying_to_Live-> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2005, 11:01 PM   #186
boognish
A Pleaser
 
Join Date: June 29, 2004
Location: somewhere in a galaxy far far away...
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Default

you seem to be at a wall cosmos. all that you know about drugs are biases and myths and stereo types. all drugs will kill you. ohhhhh. my dad has done drugs since he was 12. he smoke weed, snorted cocaine, tripped on acid, ect. all the fuckin time. and he is cool. he is the perfect dad. his memory aint shit. his life aint shit. he was at one point worth 7 million dollars. when has anyone in your family had anything to do with 7 mil? hm? why isnt he now? he had hired some bad accountents that never paid our taxes, like they should've. now my mom, never touched a drug in her life. and you know what? shes a bitch, a hard-ass bitch. and i'll hate her till i die, why? cause my dad was a kid, he knows about what im going through and what i might go through. my mom, my mom was a loser when she was a kid. but if your gonna go with what you hear i'll go with what i hear. i see, see that doing drugs had improved and furthered my dads careree and life to make him a great person. my mom never touched drugs and ended up like a retarded bitch. now in my book drugs=good life. am i wrong? yes. why? drugs arent always good. kinda like they aint always bad. like i said earlier everything you said is a overstatement, a stereotype. your views on drugs can be compared to you thinking that blondes are dumb, mexicans are lazy, everyone in san fransico is homosexual, there is always some big consprisy in the govt, left handed people have a better chance of dieing young. all of there are wrong and hurtful. for all those crack heads and pot heads, go fuck yourself. for all you normal kids, good job. for all you non-drug users, get a life and stop beating us down. also cosmos, you masterbate right? well like drugs, if the gov't could they would take masterbation away from kids why? cause the church and "studies" have biased it as wrong....similar to drugs. cetch my drift? if it makes you happy, the govt will try to ruin it. drugs, cencorship, sex, ect. all has been regulated by the gov't so you cant be happy without doing everything that they want to. is the gov't wrong for this? no. its just stupid of it. this is all i want to say for now. cosmos if you insult me you are just proving the point that you are ignorant, you are weak, and you have no real reason to hate drugs other than "my mommy said they was bad, uh-huh, mommys always right"

My Views Are Odd, I am Accutally a Republican
i dont suffer from insanity, i enjoy it
i swear to drunk im not god

pm me if anyone needs any kind of help, i probly know the answer you seek
i got a new email...
its gmail! it is: [email protected]
boognish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2005, 11:33 PM   #187
<-Dying_to_Live->
VT Lover
 
<-Dying_to_Live->'s Forum Picture
 
Join Date: January 30, 2005
Location: Athens
Default

Notice: this post is not a flame, its not a rant, and its not a shitty essay. its a polite apology and more. Please dont be intimidated by its size, if you cant read it now, read it later, but if you have time, please read it.


Listen boognish, im not ever trying to single you out or anything. im not going to argue with you that your dads a great guy, or that your moms not. i believe you, i trust you. what youve just shown is that in some cases the use of drugs is good, and nothing bad comes from it. i can understand that, though you are one of the very lucky people whose only had a positive experience with drugs. ive known a lot of people in my family, and friends of my family, who have had bad experiences with drugs.

now i can understand where all you people are coming from. if it feels good to get high (i assume), and as long as i dont hurt anyone else, why cant i just do what i want with my own body?

well you know what, you should be able to, but i dont believe society can handle that. on an individual basis, taking drugs might be fun--taking extacy makes parties more fun, hallucinating destracts you from your pain in ordinary life, and alcohol can make life's problems float away.

However, drugs are still harmful for your body. If everyone was allowed to smoke, to inject, to snort, life as we know it would break down. the intellectual status of people would disentigrate.

no one would care about anything but there fix. there wouldnt be any astronaughts, any engineers, there wouldnt be anyone smart to carry out the business of the nation, because all people would need to be happy is their joint.

I always like to relate this to the following:

In the united states (well at least in california, im not sure about the other states), law says that you have to wear a helmet while riding a bicycle, until your a legal adult (18). now i think to myself, why should the government decide whether i wear a helmet or not? why should the government make decisions about my safety of my body, when i have the right to make them for myself?

if i want to get injured, i have the right to do whatever to my body right? wrong. while this might seam right, you have to look at the bigger picture. if a lot more kids had to be taken to the hospital for head injuries, the price of healthcare would go up for everyone to cover all the kids who didnt have insurance (a lot of underpriviliged familes dont). so while you might only be hurting yourself by not wearing a helmet, your also indirectly hurting everyone else.

while you might not be hurting yourself (well at least externally you arent), you still do hurt other people. think of the big picture. if everyone did drugs, i just can't see how society and order could exist.

i dont even know where im going with this now, cuz im really tired and forget what im writing about.

Boognish im interested (i really am) about your dad. how did he get so rich? you are a very lucky person to have that kinda money, and i only wish the best for you. im sorry that you had to tell me at the end not to insult you, cuz this shows that everyone thinks im going to go insulting them. im sorry to everyone i have, and im sorry to you boognish if i ever did to you.

Shaolin im sorry that i always argue with you so much. im sorry that my views are different. while i will never get over your stance on certain issues, i hope from now on i can argue in a peaceable way, and try not to offend anyone.

ONe last thing (i cant tell how long this is, cuz im typing in the quick reply box and i dont nkow if ive written too much) before i go.

When it comes down to it, I agree with the doctors. I agree with the DARE officers who visited my school, I agree with my counselor at school, I believe in my unlce whose a police officer, I believe in the current laws that govern our nation, i agree with every single nationally dedicated organization committed to research on drug use, i agree with all the scientists who do countless experiments and studies, i agree with the billions of dollars that funds such organizations in an effort to bring the knowledge of good health to everyone, so everyone can live a better life. i can't say i believe in the people who claim the thousands of government workers, millions of doctors working with millions of scientists, every clinical study, every experiment, and every anti drug fact is WRONG. i just can't believe it. theres so many educated people in the entire world who have taken i stance against drugs, and i believe those people over the few who stand up for harming the body.

Please guys, i dont care whether you think the government thows billions of dollars into some massive conspiracy to take away all the fun in life just for the hell of it.

But please, if you ever want to go somewhere with true scientific data, with true statistics, with true international recognition, and with true PREVENTION techniques and help for teenages who are addicted, visit NIDA, the National INstitude of Drug Abuse, who works hand in hand with the National Institutes of Health, and the Department of Health and Human Services. They support more than 85 percent of the world's research on the health aspects of drug abuse and addiction.

http://www.nida.nih.gov/Infofax/Infofaxindex.html
<-Dying_to_Live-> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2005, 11:44 PM   #188
boognish
A Pleaser
 
Join Date: June 29, 2004
Location: somewhere in a galaxy far far away...
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Default

i never meant that all of the people were wrong. just some of their facts are biased and un proved and that they arnt showing all of the data.
drugs are bad. one thing i didnt mention is what my dad told me about drugs. he told me they are fun, but never do drugs. they can ruin your life. they might not but it could. drugs are a terrible thing. if you get addicted and you will it becomes really hard to get off, so i dont want you to do any drugs or smoke ciggaretes. in the long run its not worth it

the last 2 sentences were in his words

but my dad owned his own buisness that he built up himself. and we are no longer rich, quite the oppisite now. my dad hired bad accountants that didnt do our taxes and when my dad had a heart attack and my bro was born a couple a months later....it all went to hell. but thats besides the point. i will probly only try drugs. i could never do drugs like addicts do, not cause i know they are bad, not cause they're hard to get, not cause its illegal. its cause i trust my dad and his ideals. everybody should ask their rents if they ever did/tried drugs

My Views Are Odd, I am Accutally a Republican
i dont suffer from insanity, i enjoy it
i swear to drunk im not god

pm me if anyone needs any kind of help, i probly know the answer you seek
i got a new email...
its gmail! it is: [email protected]
boognish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2005, 12:37 AM   #189
<-Dying_to_Live->
VT Lover
 
<-Dying_to_Live->'s Forum Picture
 
Join Date: January 30, 2005
Location: Athens
Default

i like and respect your stance on this issue
<-Dying_to_Live-> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2005, 08:36 AM   #190
Shaolin
Awesome Poster
 
Join Date: March 21, 2004
Location: England - United Kingdom
Gender: Undisclosed
Default

You seem to have the impression cosmos, that when a person uses a drug, they will get hooked almost immediatly. The drugs side effects will turn the person in a brain damaged vegetable and they won't be able to live life as they wished.

Yes it is true, some people get addicted to drugs, but the majority of people were probably addicted to tobacco or alcohol first, or atleast used them on a regular basis. Those being the most available intoxicants around.

Just because alcohol and tobacco are legal, it doesn't mean they are safer than any drugs. Alcohol particularily can be lethal in large doses, and you know what kills the most people, legal prescription drugs.

You can abuse legal drugs and get the same side effects if not worse than illegal drugs. Drugs are only illegal because they are not what a government wants of it's ideal population.

Society would NOT crumble and intelect would not disintergrate. Did you read the list of famous people who have been addicted to drugs?

They are not brain dead zombies, whose lives are just battling against addiction, they have real lives that they do everyday and drugs are only a small part of their life, a recreational part on the same level as say drinking at a party to make it more sociable.

Crime would not increase as drugs would be actually controlled by the government, at the moment, where does most gangs in America you think make their money?

Drug dealers are what keeps gang warfare alive. If you also think that when drugs are made legal, that everyone will start taking them and hte country will be over run with violence for people stealing things to buy drugs, your wrong. The police wouldn't be spending 90% of their time tracking drug dealers and busting people for doing a crime that hurts no one except the person that consciously wants to take it.

The police would have ALOT more power over society, and drug abuse can be tackled directly in the population, with no stigma and clean realiable drugs to slowly cut down on, just look at how everyone used to smoke tobacco and now only a third or so of hte population smoke. Tobacco is legal so it's easily controlled, people that get addicted and want to stop have alot more support than drug addicts, because smoking is socially acceptable.

So why should say Cannabis be illegal, if it is not as harmful as alcohol. It's not a drug you find ourself out of control on, you still have your mind and can make decisions better than a drunk person could.

If anyone wants immediate advice don\'t hestitate to contact to me on AIM (AOL instant messenger) - aim: vodkasmodka

Eccentric! Not egocentric!
Shaolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2005, 09:24 AM   #191
<-Dying_to_Live->
VT Lover
 
<-Dying_to_Live->'s Forum Picture
 
Join Date: January 30, 2005
Location: Athens
Default

i agree with some of the points you have broughten up, but others i dont.

I agree that alcohol and cigarretes, though legal, are more harmful than some illegal drugs. Everyone knows that, thats why I've always thought smoking cigarretes shouold be illegal as well. And alcohol isnt totally legal, getting drunk ISNT. you're allowed to drink safe ammounts of alcohol, but if you drink too much and step one foot outside of your house or outside from the bar and you will be arrested for public intoxication. Why cant you see that the government has outlawed the substances it finds only harm the body.

the government outlaws the substances it finds only harm the body. and every drug harms the body im some way, thats why they arent allowed.

And in fact a lot of people do get hooked. Do you wish to read about it? or just talk like you single handedly know the experience of every single person who takes drugs?

http://www.nida.nih.gov/Infofax/Infofaxindex.html

anyways where was i. oh yes. the police. why does everyone think the solution to less crime is simply to abolish more acts that are defined as "crime". just because making the act of committing murder legal, reducing the crime rates by 20,000 a year, that doesnt provide any solution and simply hides the fact that crimes are on going and noones doing anything.

And do you know why only a third of the population smoke? Its because medical science provess that smoking causes cancer, and most people who smoke will die from it. A lot of people dont like dying, and thats why a lot of people dont smoke cigarettes.

Ok this last part i might agree with you on. if i had to let any drug slip, i would let that be marijuana, because that's less harmful than a lot of other drugs.

I mean all you have to do is turn your back to the problems with memory and learning; distorted perception; difficulty in thinking and problem solving; loss of coordination; and increased heart rate. oh not to mention that user’s risk of heart attack more than quadruples in the first hour after smoking marijuana.

I mean who really gives a shit if marijuana promotes cancer of the lungs and other parts of the respiratory tract because it contains irritants and carcinogens?

To be honest, i really dont care if your immune system’s ability to fight off infectious diseases and cancer is impaired. really, go ahead, take dugs. be my guest
<-Dying_to_Live-> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2005, 10:35 AM   #192
Shaolin
Awesome Poster
 
Join Date: March 21, 2004
Location: England - United Kingdom
Gender: Undisclosed
Default

Have you read any information on aspirin and other painkillers. You can have serious side effects with those such as liver and kidney problems, or even become addicted to those that contain codeine.

People will, no matter drug legal or illegal, get mostly positive effects from their use, they work with the human body and some are natural like cannabis, others are not so nice to hte body such as crack or crystal meth.

Comparing drug use to murder is silly, drugs are extremly safe when used responsibly, some drugs can damage you but thats only with repeated heavy use.

Cannabis has beneign effects, they fail to mention that cannabis users only experiance these side effects for a few weeks to a month, after stopping the use of cannabis. Cannabis does have long term effects on people who use it heavily, but it does not have any permanent effects, it has been studied for many many years and has been used for thousands of years.

Nida is a good resource for people who are addicted and want help. You can't hide behind a webisite though. If Nida only explains what bad effects drugs have on people and society they are being biased, they dispute medicinal effects of drugs which are well known by scientists NOT funded by the goverment.

If anyone wants immediate advice don\'t hestitate to contact to me on AIM (AOL instant messenger) - aim: vodkasmodka

Eccentric! Not egocentric!
Shaolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2005, 01:12 PM   #193
Ravenous
Unregistered
 
Default

This is quiet funny to watch. In all the threads it ends up as a debate between shaolin and cosmos. and cosmos is getting pwned. With boognish occasionally jumping in
  Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2005, 01:44 PM   #194
Shaolin
Awesome Poster
 
Join Date: March 21, 2004
Location: England - United Kingdom
Gender: Undisclosed
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim
This is quiet funny to watch. In all the threads it ends up as a debate between shaolin and cosmos. and cosmos is getting pwned. With boognish occasionally jumping in
Hah yeah, it's quite easy to pwn cosmos at a debate, he does all the work for me!

If anyone wants immediate advice don\'t hestitate to contact to me on AIM (AOL instant messenger) - aim: vodkasmodka

Eccentric! Not egocentric!
Shaolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2005, 02:15 PM   #195
nwshc
Banned
 
nwshc's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: March 27, 2005
Location: With yo moma
Default

Was that an insult? Because i think it was. So, now you should consider yourself immature. Are you insulting him because you feel threatened?? Letting out your anger???
nwshc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2005, 02:49 PM   #196
Shaolin
Awesome Poster
 
Join Date: March 21, 2004
Location: England - United Kingdom
Gender: Undisclosed
Default

Oh Cosmos has the impression it a sign of strength!

I guess i slipped there. Unlike you who tried to belittle me on aim, but got on where. Then had the nerve to say you would complain about me for telling you to stop being immature after you sent a barrage of insults about my mother.

If anyone wants immediate advice don\'t hestitate to contact to me on AIM (AOL instant messenger) - aim: vodkasmodka

Eccentric! Not egocentric!
Shaolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2005, 02:56 PM   #197
nwshc
Banned
 
nwshc's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: March 27, 2005
Location: With yo moma
Default

please guy what just happened 5 min ago??? You my friend, are a hipocrate and a lier.
nwshc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2005, 03:06 PM   #198
Shaolin
Awesome Poster
 
Join Date: March 21, 2004
Location: England - United Kingdom
Gender: Undisclosed
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwshc
please guy what just happened 5 min ago??? You my friend, are a hipocrate and a lier.
Please ellaborate on that claim.

If anyone wants immediate advice don\'t hestitate to contact to me on AIM (AOL instant messenger) - aim: vodkasmodka

Eccentric! Not egocentric!
Shaolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2005, 04:31 PM   #199
nwshc
Banned
 
nwshc's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: March 27, 2005
Location: With yo moma
Default

No, because you will say its false and im just doing all of this to get you kicked out, when in fact you said that you will fram me and have me kicked out. So, no
nwshc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2005, 06:34 PM   #200
<-Dying_to_Live->
VT Lover
 
<-Dying_to_Live->'s Forum Picture
 
Join Date: January 30, 2005
Location: Athens
Default

i saw the convo. shaolin is a liar and a cheat. and shaolin its absolutely impossible for you to back up anything youve said in this entire forum. where was the last time anything you have said regarding to the helthy effects of drugs have been stated by a doctor or a scientist? or an intellectual for that matter
<-Dying_to_Live-> is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright©2000 - 2021
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2004 - 2020, VirtualTeen.org