Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old June 28th, 2020, 08:08 AM   #41
Allover Kelly
Nice Poster

Allover Kelly's Forum Picture

Name: Kelly
Location: Born in Conn. USA moved to FL, then NC now back in Conn. Now live with my Dad's family
Default Re: Does anyone else think pride is fucking stupid?

Well My Dad owns 4 shops, one is a wood working shop, one is a welding shop, one is a vintage car restoration shop and the oldest is a the one he talks about the least helping Vets find work.
In the shops people of all ages and races get a long. Everyone works as a team. Now the The Older Black guy talk with the Younger Black guys. Dad told everyone to let them all talk and understand what might happen. You can understand a lot if you hear what the others are saying to each other.
The older guys have told the younger guys that they worked to hard for what they have now to have the younger guys both black and white think they know what is best for now. Dad lost 3 guys that quit over what is going on. The Older guys just said let them go as what they want to do is wrong to them.
I all the shops you get paid by what you can do no matter the race. Dad has at least 5 guys that have been with him from the start and they run the shops 3 of them are Black, but they are all over 50 and have been around a while and 4 are Navy Vets. The younger guys that are still working for the shops know if you work hard you can get paid more the more you learn.
Hell, I'm up to $11 an hour. I work in the shop and in the office.

What I have learned is if you know more you are worth more. No matter who you are. I'm learning welding and later will try woodworking. Don't look at your past, god knows mine is messed up. Look forward.
Allover Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2020, 08:10 AM   #42
Cangirl
Nice Poster

Cangirl's Forum Picture

I love pride. Just going to say that upfront. But yeah I get that some groups go a little overboard with the nudity and things. I don't understand that because it's supposed to be about orientation and being able to love who we want freely.

For the people who 'don't get' pride or think is not needed, how would they feel if they were risking being beaten up, killed, fired from their job, kicked out of their house, hated by their family just for being who they are? That's what it's about. Being able to say I'm whatever and be proud and not have to hide it.

Straight people don't even think of it when they hold hans in public, snuggle watching a movie or share a drink. Being non straight that's a lot harder to do.

I like boys and girls and Ive been on dates with both and I can tell you first hand how huge the difference is when I'm out with a guy or a girl. Huge!!

16, bi Canadian girl. love life, friends, and being happy. Message me if you want to talk about anything.
Cangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2020, 09:28 PM   #43
Berlin
Junior Member+

Berlin's Forum Picture

Name: Axel

I donít think thereís anything wrong with pride. Itís a free country and you can freely express yourselves. Itís not stupid at all.
Berlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2020, 09:32 AM   #44
Falcons_11
Legendary Member

There's nothing wrong with having a Gay Pride parade. Everyone should have an outlet to express their pride in themselves. If the Italians and Irish can parade to express their pride, why not the LGBTQ+ community too.

"Son, when the Marine Corps wants you to have a wife, you will be issued one!"
Lt. General Lewis Burwell "Chesty" Puller, USMC
Falcons_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2020, 10:11 PM   #45
Ragle
Nice Poster

Ragle's Forum Picture

Name: Elgar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oskarr-Padawan-2005 View Post
Actions like you describe are not really heard about except locally.
Change always really starts local. Think global, act local.
Ragle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2020, 06:18 AM   #46
yunoknock

Anything can be a major focal point of your personality. For people who've had to repress that part of their lives, and finally come open about it, it becomes a very important thing to express. Plus, straight people have pride celebrations everyday, is just not framed that way. Movies show straight sex scenes, dating website ads are all straight couples, people constantly make out and hold hands in public. It's just as out in the open, but more "normal" to us
yunoknock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:20 PM   #47
Hermes
VT Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanIsGay24 View Post
...Like people wear no or almost no clothes, having people on leashes, basically using pride to celebrate kinks which isnít what itís about and really turns people off honestly. My main issue with the community is that I think itís overall too inclusive to the point where itís not even that special or unique of a community.
So what defines this community? There does seem to be some debate at the moment about people who are transsexual with some supporting them and others thinking it is a step too far.

So, from what you're saying what may have started as a gay community has widened to include anyone who doesn't fit the narrow view of sexuality that old, primarily Christian-based views have not included. And don't all such people have something in common in that they feel they don't fit in the mainstream even though their reasons for not fitting in may be slightly different?

Then consider that the Christian-based view I referred to is one that holds that the whole point of sex and the relationships in which it happens is for the raising of children, though different sects have their own views as to how reasonable it is to also see it as a source of pleasure. Once you accept that a sexual and romantic relationship that does not directly result in children is valid, because of the sex of the two partners, it cements a view of sex as primarily a form of pleasure so it also lends itself people with various kinks to show themselves when they would have previously have remained hidden.

As for the original question, I do believe the end-game in any fight for equality and against discrimination is for the attribute in question to become "no big deal" so the likes of LBGTQ pride and a black lives matter movement have ceased to have a use but I am not sure we are there yet with many of ways against which people are discriminated against. There has been great progress in equality of opportunity for women, combating racism and homophobia but there is more to do on all of these. Only then can we have that protest movements have had their day.
Hermes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:09 PM   #48
RyanIsGay24
Awesome Poster

RyanIsGay24's Forum Picture

Name: Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermes View Post
So what defines this community? There does seem to be some debate at the moment about people who are transsexual with some supporting them and others thinking it is a step too far.

So, from what you're saying what may have started as a gay community has widened to include anyone who doesn't fit the narrow view of sexuality that old, primarily Christian-based views have not included. And don't all such people have something in common in that they feel they don't fit in the mainstream even though their reasons for not fitting in may be slightly different?

Then consider that the Christian-based view I referred to is one that holds that the whole point of sex and the relationships in which it happens is for the raising of children, though different sects have their own views as to how reasonable it is to also see it as a source of pleasure. Once you accept that a sexual and romantic relationship that does not directly result in children is valid, because of the sex of the two partners, it cements a view of sex as primarily a form of pleasure so it also lends itself people with various kinks to show themselves when they would have previously have remained hidden.

As for the original question, I do believe the end-game in any fight for equality and against discrimination is for the attribute in question to become "no big deal" so the likes of LBGTQ pride and a black lives matter movement have ceased to have a use but I am not sure we are there yet with many of ways against which people are discriminated against. There has been great progress in equality of opportunity for women, combating racism and homophobia but there is more to do on all of these. Only then can we have that protest movements have had their day.
My criticism when it came to the celebration of kinks at pride festivals is mainly because that takes away the family-friendliness of it. I personally donít think itís ok for children to be subjected to seeing that stuff, if children wanted to celebrate pride but their parents wouldnít let them because some people were out there making it inappropriate then thatís a net negative for the community.

And for me saying that I think the lgbt community has gotten too inclusive I refer, I refer to those groups that end of destroying the reputation of lgbt community. What mean by that essentially boils down to transtrenders and mogais, which, respectively, r people that pretend to be trans because they think itís itís joke or it will make them popular and those that turn aesthetics into genders. What tends to happen with transtrenders is that ruins the reputation of the lgbt community is that they co-opt the trans identity and then everyone thinks they r trans but then they donít have gender dysphoria which makes them just look like weirdos and sometimes they will transition and then end up developing gender dysphoria and having to detransition. And for mogais it essentially is making genders, flags, and most importantly pronouns for things that donít exist. The pronoun r the most damaging to the lgbt community because it implies that we will force everyone to learn hundreds of pronouns when I really u only need three. There was an episode of One Day at a Time which featured a non-binary character which is great but they they introduced themselves with the pronouns ďze/zheyĒ and then another character admits to being afraid to speak after that. Now but what if their reaction isnít just confusion or caution but what if itís hostile? Cuz by far the worse thing these transtrenders and mogais do for the community is endanger lgbt people that r just trying to live a normal, fulfilling, and healthy life. And even tho I think what trenders and mogais do is detestable and transphobic as they r essentially turning the pain of trans people into a game. if the next day transtrenders and mogais were entirely accepted by the trans community and then the trans community was entirely accepted by society, I would call that a win because actual lgbt people got the equally they deserve. And transtrenders and mogais wonít stop exiting until being trans is normalized.

We real cool. We
Left school. We
Lurk late. We
Strike straight. We
Sing sin. We
Thin gin. We
Jazz June. We
Die soon
RyanIsGay24 is online now   Reply With Quote