Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old June 3rd, 2020, 08:32 AM   #21
Ralph.S.G.R
Member+

Ralph.S.G.R's Forum Picture

Name: Ralph
Default Re: Do you have an opinion that belongs on the opposite side of the political spectru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stronk Serb View Post
Left-wing radical. I still recognize the need for personal/private property in a society, especially in agriculture where I'd support free co-operations and selling of land in order to maximize yields.

Also I am pro-death penalty for shit like rape and paedophilia and some murder charges.
I am for restricting voting rights for only local and regional elections for people older than 65 because the future is now, old man.
I think it is undemocratic for old people to decide over the future the young ones will inherit anyway.
To be fair, lots of people live well past 65 these days so it is sort of their future too.

Hello, Hola, Hallo and Salom!
Thank-you for reading down my comment this far but, truly, there is nothing interesting here for you.
Ralph.S.G.R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2020, 09:05 AM   #22
Stronk Serb
Kebab Remover

Stronk Serb's Forum Picture

Default Re: Do you have an opinion that belongs on the opposite side of the political spectru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph.S.G.R View Post
To be fair, lots of people live well past 65 these days so it is sort of their future too.
Old people can have their pensions and free travel tickets, but not the vote.

VT's most likely to become president of 2017 & 2019
VT's leading expert on Slavology and anything Slavic-related, if you have some questions of Slavic nature, just send me a VM or a PM
Stronk Serb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2020, 10:29 AM   #23
PlasmaHam
Awesome Poster

I would consider myself right-wing, but I think that the government does have a role in protecting the environment and for preserving natural areas.

Additionally, I would be willing to have amnesty for some illegal aliens and an easier legal immigration process in exchange for increased border protections, the immediate deportion of any illegal aliens who have broken US law (beyond simply entering the country illegally), and a reaffirmed commitment that amnesty for certain illegal aliens is a temporary action and will not extend to anyone who later enters the country illegally.
PlasmaHam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2020, 10:17 AM   #24
Oskarr-Padawan-2005
Awesome Poster

Name: Oscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stronk Serb View Post
Old people can have their pensions and free travel tickets, but not the vote.
This is one of the worst and dumbest suggestions ever
Man, you're completely delusional
Why would a 65 yo man not be allowed to choose for the mayor or the president to lead their city or their country for the next 5 years ?

In addition to being stupid, this idea would only lead to one thing : politicians doing absolutely nothing for older people since they would have no impact on their elections !!

If anything, people willing to take off the right of vote to a certain category of people, they should be the ones not allowed to vote
Oskarr-Padawan-2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2020, 12:39 PM   #25
Stronk Serb
Kebab Remover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oskarr-Padawan-2005 View Post
Why would a 65 yo man not be allowed to choose for the mayor or the president to lead their city or their country for the next 5 years ?

In addition to being stupid, this idea would only lead to one thing : politicians doing absolutely nothing for older people since they would have no impact on their elections !!

If anything, people willing to take off the right of vote to a certain category of people, they should be the ones not allowed to vote
Well, congratulations, your argument proves my point. Old people here decide elections and literally vote for the option which ruins fair elections and democracy the most. The current government, voted in by an elderly majority saw Serbia go from a somewhat democratic country to an undemocratic country according to Freedom House. We had 12 years of progress and development, despite corruption, and then the current party came into power and is leadinng us towards ruin.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/nextave...-laughing/amp/

This article sums it up nicely. When it comes to big decisions, the younger generations will have to live with their fuckups. If a 14-year old can't vote, neither should a 69-year old.

Also I didn't say they shouldn't vote for local or regional elections, just not for parliamentary elections.

VT's leading expert on Slavology and anything Slavic-related, if you have some questions of Slavic nature, just send me a VM or a PM

Last edited by Stronk Serb; June 4th, 2020 at 12:53 PM.
Old June 4th, 2020, 07:24 PM   #26
ShineintheDark
Banned

Name: Magnus

Quote:
I too think the idea is unworkable and strips tax-paying citizens of their civil liberties but your line of reasoning here is flawed: children can't vote and politicians still write policies around schools and youth services; many disabled people can't vote yet parties write policies about disability services; people in prisons can't currently vote and yet prison reforms and policies are still written. Policy isn't just written to speak to one demographic of voter, it is also aimed at people of a voting age who will want to take into account how life will change for their loved ones who currently cannot vote.
ShineintheDark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2020, 04:45 AM   #27
Bostonian
Junior Member+

Name: Jasper

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineintheDark View Post
I too think the idea is unworkable and strips tax-paying citizens of their civil liberties but your line of reasoning here is flawed: children can't vote and politicians still write policies around schools and youth services; many disabled people can't vote yet parties write policies about disability services; people in prisons can't currently vote and yet prison reforms and policies are still written. Policy isn't just written to speak to one demographic of voter, it is also aimed at people of a voting age who will want to take into account how life will change for their loved ones who currently cannot vote.
Absolutely correct. By taking away the right for people to vote for their leaders, you create a new, modern caste system. A modern-day 65-year-old could have anywhere from 20 to 35 years left if they're healthy. You cannot offer liberty and representation to some, but not all.

Also, you'd be telling Bernie Sanders, Joe Biden, Jeremy Corbyn, Donald Trump, Malcolm Turnbull, Elizabeth May, and many other very important people that they can no longer vote. To emphasize, this would mean that incumbent world leaders would lose their votes in important countries such as the US, and if Theresa May stayed on with the DUP for 5 years, she'd be ineligible to vote if she were to lead the Conservatives into a theoretical General Election in 2022.

No frills, no thrills, no fuss.
Bostonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2020, 08:20 AM   #28
Stronk Serb
Kebab Remover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian View Post
Also, you'd be telling Bernie Sanders, Joe Biden, Jeremy Corbyn, Donald Trump, Malcolm Turnbull, Elizabeth May, and many other very important people that they can no longer vote. To emphasize, this would mean that incumbent world leaders would lose their votes in important countries such as the US, and if Theresa May stayed on with the DUP for 5 years, she'd be ineligible to vote if she were to lead the Conservatives into a theoretical General Election in 2022.
I don't see this as a bad thing. Maybe raise the bar to 70 in developed countries. For Serbia it would be good because younger politicians would come and aim to leave more of a mark, since the right to be elected in public office is dictated by your right to vote, if you can't vote, you can't hold office. It would do well to destroy conformism with current (very broken) establishments and encourage political discourse. Plus, aside from having to think about the needs of individual voters, the politicians will have to think more for the needs of three generations. The voters, their parents and their children. The current government here abuses the system by using propaganda and handouts to elderly to keep them in power, effectivelly driving us into debt and ruin, while the younger generations are forced into bondage akin to indentured servitude.

What you said about castes being formed effectively happened here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineintheDark View Post
Their rights and liberties end where the chance at a fair future of the younger generations begin. The youth secured some prosperity in 2000 up to 2012, but the current ruling party which rules from 2012 has:
-cut funding for healthcare
-cut funding for education
-saw us roll back 20 years
-cut wages
-prices skyrocketed
They are kept in power by the elderly demographic to which they serve propaganda and handouts. Guess who will have to pay for that stuff? The next three generations. At least! They are on government pensions, pay little taxes compared to working people, and they bury us in debt, dictatorship, police brutality, censorship... The current government arrests, beats and harasses children (teens), journalists, political opponents for no legal reasons... The only ones who are really safe are the elderly in their little bubble in which Uncle Vučić will fix everything.

Last edited by Stronk Serb; June 5th, 2020 at 08:35 AM.
Old June 30th, 2020, 05:02 AM   #29
brostar67166

Name: Brodie

I don't think im full on left or right wing really like i have a equal mix of ideas from both sides, generally im left wing but with some right wing ideas.

Hey feel free to PM, i have nothing better to do lmao
brostar67166 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2020, 12:57 AM   #30
Snowfox
Nice Poster

Name: Pyry

I am very right wing person. And over years I have drifted farther towards right. I started to move to that direction as choice but it gave me so good wibes.....

Anyway to the topic.
I believe that every able bodied person male and female alike should be forced to do national service of one year. That means either military service or some form of other public service and that service should be paid too. That service should be tied to voting rights. I dont know if this is left or right wing thinking but its very odd idea anyway.

This certainly was leftist idea: Death penalty should never be option. I oppose it everywhere and without any exception.
Another one: Social security safety nets are good things to have.
Here we go again: Schools/education should be free of charge for citizens.

Who is John Galt
Snowfox is offline   Reply With Quote