Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old January 24th, 2021, 04:02 AM   #1
Ali.Cat

Ali.Cat's Forum Picture

Name: Ali
Default Losing Control

I feel like I have no control in life anymore. My parents are divorced and still constantly fighting and using me like a pawn. I'm obsessing over what I'm eating and how I look. I'm scared to date anyone. I feel like I can't trust people. I just feel so alone and like nothing is going my way. I'm spiraling. I can't stop. I tried to tell my mom but it's like she's to busy with her own life now to notice when I need help. I can't talk to my dad about this. Or my grandma. I feel stuck and scared.

~14, bi~

PM's are open
Ali.Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2021, 04:14 AM   #2
Maxfun
Banned

Maxfun's Forum Picture

Name: Max
Default Re: Losing Control

That sounds like a really rough time. By the looks of it your parents are too focused on their problems and are affecting you ato a point in life where your body is changing dramatically. We grow more through out teens than at any other point in our life. You just need someone out there who cares.is there an aunt or a teacher you could talk to? Or a charity? In the UK we have Childline. I hope here also helps your fears and frustrations, it is important that if you feel like you need help, just shout. You are not alone
Maxfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2021, 04:24 AM   #3
Ali.Cat

Ali.Cat's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxfun View Post
That sounds like a really rough time. By the looks of it your parents are too focused on their problems and are affecting you ato a point in life where your body is changing dramatically. We grow more through out teens than at any other point in our life. You just need someone out there who cares.is there an aunt or a teacher you could talk to? Or a charity? In the UK we have Childline. I hope here also helps your fears and frustrations, it is important that if you feel like you need help, just shout. You are not alone
I'm not really close with my family. Or my teachers. Canada has something I can't remember the name. I'm trying to reach out on here cause I know I'm not alone I just have to convince my brain.

~14, bi~

PM's are open
Old January 24th, 2021, 04:30 AM   #4
Maxfun
Banned

Maxfun's Forum Picture

Name: Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali.Cat View Post
I'm not really close with my family. Or my teachers. Canada has something I can't remember the name. I'm trying to reach out on here cause I know I'm not alone I just have to convince my brain.
That is a good start. This is a good place. Even if you want to just rant and let your feelings and frustrations out
Maxfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2021, 04:50 AM   #5
Ali.Cat

Ali.Cat's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxfun View Post
That is a good start. This is a good place. Even if you want to just rant and let your feelings and frustrations out
Ya. I'm trying. Opening up isn't really easy for me

~14, bi~

PM's are open
Old January 24th, 2021, 08:57 AM   #6
HighVamp913
Nice Poster

HighVamp913's Forum Picture

Name: Tay
Arrow Re: Losing Control

Quote:
I feel like I have no control in life anymore. My parents are divorced and still constantly fighting and using me like a pawn. I'm obsessing over what I'm eating and how I look. I'm scared to date anyone. I feel like I can't trust people. I just feel so alone and like nothing is going my way. I'm spiraling. I can't stop. I tried to tell my mom but it's like she's to busy with her own life now to notice when I need help. I can't talk to my dad about this. Or my grandma. I feel stuck and scared.

Chin up little one. I'm not going to pretend I know what your going through because I don't. I'm not going to say it gets better cause I don't know. What I can tell you is that it gets easier. I can't say that your problems are going to go away magically. I'm just saying that you will get used to it. I'm sorry if this isn't what you were looking or hoping for

~17 Lesbian~
Taste the rainbow
Admirer of the little things
Come get my ass
Quote:
Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. -James Baldwin
HighVamp913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2021, 01:03 PM   #7
Ali.Cat

Ali.Cat's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighVamp913 View Post
Chin up little one. I'm not going to pretend I know what your going through because I don't. I'm not going to say it gets better cause I don't know. What I can tell you is that it gets easier. I can't say that your problems are going to go away magically. I'm just saying that you will get used to it. I'm sorry if this isn't what you were looking or hoping for
It's ok. I don't really know what I was expecting anyway. But thanks.

~14, bi~

PM's are open
Old February 4th, 2021, 11:42 PM   #8
Second Chance
Awesome Poster

Quote:
I am sure your parent's issues are no doubt having an effect upon you, and it is not easy for any of us to simply say that you will be all right when the two people who should be caring for you unconditionally and helping you are themselves not well. What I will say is that the most important thing you can do is to reach out for help professionally since your parents and grandmother are unable to do so. You can even start with a school counselor who can get you the assistance you need.

If getting professional help is not an option for you, then see if you can talk with a friend's parent(s) to put things in perspectives. Many times talking to a trusted adult can go a long way to getting things out there. If you are a member of a church or religious organization, then talking to your religious leader or a senior member of your Youth group can be an option as well.

Just know that you are not alone, and there are resources out there to help you. Make use of mental health resources such as the following where you are: https://www.heretohelp.bc.ca/visions...ering-families and https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/j...ealth-services.
Second Chance is offline   Reply With Quote