Virtual Teen Forums
 

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 21st, 2019, 11:57 AM   #1
HeyCameron
Awesome Poster
 
HeyCameron's Forum Picture
 
Name: Cameron
Join Date: August 15, 2016
Location: Orange County, CA
Gender: Male
Default Jussie Smollett and faking hate crimes

I hate to give this loser more attention, but I do think what happened here is important. First off, I am aware that nothing has been proven yet, but the evidence right now strongly suggests that Jussie Smollett, a gay African American actor known for his role in the TV show "Empire", staged a hate crime against himself. He has now been arrested by Chicago PD.

1. Why would someone fake a hate crime? Jussie Smollett is not the first to do so.

2. Do you think this will hurt people who are victims of real hate crimes?

Here's an interesting article from the Atlantic about the "chic" of victimhood and why Smollett might have done it: https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...ulture/583099/

Dancer. Avid reader. Wannabe intellectual. Disillusioned, but not cynical.

"The world is a comedy to those that think, a tragedy to those that feel".
HeyCameron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2019, 02:35 PM   #2
Uniquemind
VT Lover
 
Join Date: April 1, 2015
Location: USA
Gender: Other
Default Re: Jussie Smollett and faking hate crimes

He’s brought shame to himself and shows his addiction to the “hi-life” of game and wealth.

Now he’s ruined himself, and I’m sure many aren’t standing by him.
Likes: (1)
Uniquemind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2019, 07:45 PM   #3
ska8er
Legendary Member
 
ska8er's Forum Picture
 
Name: Andy
Join Date: August 23, 2013
Location: Pennsylvania USA
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Blog Entries: 1
Default Re: Jussie Smollett and faking hate crimes

I think he needs mental health. If
all of this is true he just ruined his
career.
ska8er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2019, 01:48 PM   #4
Spaceforce1
Junior Member
 
Spaceforce1's Forum Picture
 
Name: Evan
Join Date: February 23, 2019
Location: US
Age: 15
Gender: Male
Default Re: Jussie Smollett and faking hate crimes

From what I heard while watching the news, others including the Chicago PD think that he did it so that he can boost his own career. As this kind of thing would put him farther into the spotlight, which he wanted.

But I think doing this (faking hate crimes) does a lot of harm to people who actually experience hate crimes. This is because now that this has come out, people will probably start becoming skeptical and suspicious about actual potential hate crimes. This is also a concern that the Chicago PD has. Its just all around a really bad situation.
Spaceforce1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2019, 04:00 PM   #5
Uniquemind
VT Lover
 
Join Date: April 1, 2015
Location: USA
Gender: Other
Default Re: Jussie Smollett and faking hate crimes

He is the living most recent example of why the METOO movement has valid critics.


The real message of the movement needs to change from “believe all victims” to “take all accusations seriously and do not demean, accusations”.


Even now I have not heard Jessie admit he faked anything, despite evidence to the contrary.
Likes: (1)
Uniquemind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2019, 04:14 PM   #6
Barbara.
Barbie Doll
 
Barbara.'s Forum Picture
 
Name: Barb
Join Date: June 23, 2016
Location: In a home of love
Age: 17
Gender: Female
Default Re: Jussie Smollett and faking hate crimes

He is nothing but a fg joke.

Barbara. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2019, 04:19 PM   #7
RyanIsGay24
Awesome Poster
 
RyanIsGay24's Forum Picture
 
Name: Ryan
Join Date: March 14, 2018
Location: USA
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Default Re: Jussie Smollett and faking hate crimes

From what I’ve heard he staged it to advance his career and get attention so in a way he kinda succeeded

And YES, absolutely yes. This will definitely hurt real victims of hate crimes and throw into question their credibility which shouldn’t even been a thing

We real cool. We
Left school. We
Lurk late. We
Strike straight. We
Sing sin. We
Thin gin. We
Jazz June. We
Die soon
RyanIsGay24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2019, 04:20 PM   #8
Uniquemind
VT Lover
 
Join Date: April 1, 2015
Location: USA
Gender: Other
Default Re: Jussie Smollett and faking hate crimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara. View Post
He is nothing but a fg joke.
But thats the rub, isnt it? He was respectfully taken seriously and NOW the anger is coming out after evidence and understand of the damage hes done not just to himself but to society too.
Uniquemind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2019, 04:45 PM   #9
mattsmith48
VT Voice of reason
 
Name: matt
Join Date: March 8, 2014
Location: North of the Banana Republic
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Default Re: Jussie Smollett and faking hate crimes

It lessen the effect of the term hate crime so that when a real victim comes out the event might not be seen as serious or the victim might not even be believed by the public. Just like if someone comes up with fake rape allegation the next real victim may not be believed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsmith48
There is no such thing as liberal or conservative media, the only thing the media cares about is either money or the truth.
Likes: (1)
mattsmith48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2019, 11:28 PM   #10
Bluegrass
Member+
 
Name: Mary
Join Date: September 19, 2017
Location: U.S.A
Gender: Female
Default Re: Jussie Smollett and faking hate crimes

I've been hearing he wanted a higher pay and liked the attention.I think to do such an over the top fake hate crime with the noose bleach and giving those interviews with those fake emotions is like at a level of a sociopath.
Bluegrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 01:46 AM   #11
Falcons_11
Legendary Member
 
Join Date: October 12, 2015
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Default Re: Jussie Smollett and faking hate crimes

He has 16 indictments handed down from Chicago Grand Jury. Also, he could be indicted by a Federal Grand Jury on mail fraud change. If convicted on all those indictments he could spend a long time in prison.

"Son, when the Marine Corps wants you to have a wife, you will be issued one!"
Lt. General Lewis Burwell "Chesty" Puller, USMC
Falcons_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 11:33 AM   #12
mattsmith48
VT Voice of reason
 
Name: matt
Join Date: March 8, 2014
Location: North of the Banana Republic
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Default Re: Jussie Smollett and faking hate crimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcons_11 View Post
He has 16 indictments handed down from Chicago Grand Jury. Also, he could be indicted by a Federal Grand Jury on mail fraud change. If convicted on all those indictments he could spend a long time in prison.
What he did was wrong, but 16 indictments sounds excessive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsmith48
There is no such thing as liberal or conservative media, the only thing the media cares about is either money or the truth.
mattsmith48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 12:26 PM   #13
Falcons_11
Legendary Member
 
Join Date: October 12, 2015
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Default Re: Jussie Smollett and faking hate crimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsmith48 View Post
What he did was wrong, but 16 indictments sounds excessive.
Yes. What the Chicago PD and Grand Jury are doing with these indictments is to make an example of Mr. Smollett in order to discourage anyone else from filing false police reports and lying to the police about incidents that allegedly never occurred. Mr. Smollett has plead not guilty to all charges. Under our Constitution (Amendment VI) he has the presumption of innocent. He will have his day in court to defend himself against these indictments.

"Son, when the Marine Corps wants you to have a wife, you will be issued one!"
Lt. General Lewis Burwell "Chesty" Puller, USMC
Falcons_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 02:00 PM   #14
mattsmith48
VT Voice of reason
 
Name: matt
Join Date: March 8, 2014
Location: North of the Banana Republic
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Default Re: Jussie Smollett and faking hate crimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcons_11 View Post
Yes. What the Chicago PD and Grand Jury are doing with these indictments is to make an example of Mr. Smollett in order to discourage anyone else from filing false police reports and lying to the police about incidents that allegedly never occurred. Mr. Smollett has plead not guilty to all charges. Under our Constitution (Amendment VI) he has the presumption of innocent. He will have his day in court to defend himself against these indictments.
I don't why I have a feeling that if it was a white guy who had filled a false police report and staged an attack to boost the popularity for personal gain, they wouldn't be this excessive. Weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsmith48
There is no such thing as liberal or conservative media, the only thing the media cares about is either money or the truth.
mattsmith48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 06:23 PM   #15
Falcons_11
Legendary Member
 
Join Date: October 12, 2015
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Default Re: Jussie Smollett and faking hate crimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsmith48 View Post
I don't why I have a feeling that if it was a white guy who had filled a false police report and staged an attack to boost the popularity for personal gain, they wouldn't be this excessive. Weird.
Your point is well taken and you could be right. But, the Feds threw the book at Paul Manafort and convicted him and he's a white guy.

"Son, when the Marine Corps wants you to have a wife, you will be issued one!"
Lt. General Lewis Burwell "Chesty" Puller, USMC
Falcons_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 07:01 PM   #16
mattsmith48
VT Voice of reason
 
Name: matt
Join Date: March 8, 2014
Location: North of the Banana Republic
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Default Re: Jussie Smollett and faking hate crimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcons_11 View Post
Your point is well taken and you could be right. But, the Feds threw the book at Paul Manafort and convicted him and he's a white guy.
Getting 4 years for a crime that is suppose to get you a minimum of 19 years is not really throwing the book at someone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsmith48
There is no such thing as liberal or conservative media, the only thing the media cares about is either money or the truth.
mattsmith48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 07:13 PM   #17
Falcons_11
Legendary Member
 
Join Date: October 12, 2015
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Default Re: Jussie Smollett and faking hate crimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsmith48 View Post
Getting 4 years for a crime that is suppose to get you a minimum of 19 years is not really throwing the book at someone.
True...but that's for his first conviction. He has a sentencing court date in D.C. for his other conviction in a separate trial. That could get him more jail time than his first trial. This judge isn't as lenient as Judge Ellis. He could be headed to the pokey for a long time.

"Son, when the Marine Corps wants you to have a wife, you will be issued one!"
Lt. General Lewis Burwell "Chesty" Puller, USMC
Falcons_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 07:40 PM   #18
mattsmith48
VT Voice of reason
 
Name: matt
Join Date: March 8, 2014
Location: North of the Banana Republic
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Default Re: Jussie Smollett and faking hate crimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcons_11 View Post
True...but that's for his first conviction. He has a sentencing court date in D.C. for his other conviction in a separate trial. That could get him more jail time than his first trial. This judge isn't as lenient as Judge Ellis. He could be headed to the pokey for a long time.
I thought the 19 years was for the minimum for first conviction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsmith48
There is no such thing as liberal or conservative media, the only thing the media cares about is either money or the truth.
mattsmith48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 08:46 PM   #19
PlasmaHam
Awesome Poster
 
Join Date: July 7, 2016
Location: Bananna Republic of Trumpistan
Gender: Male
Default Re: Jussie Smollett and faking hate crimes

The problem here is not that someone filed a fake assault report. That happens plenty of times without much media attention. The problem is that Smollett filed a fake assault report, then made a big fuss of it being because he is a liberal gay black dude, and the leftwing media jumped right on it as yet another potential Trump hit piece (*cough* Steele Dossier *cough*). This was all over the news before it came to light that Smollett staged the attacks. Unless you want to claim that a conservative illuminati secretly forced those liberal outlets to run with the story (wouldn't put it past you), liberals brought this situation upon themselves.

Frankly, if a white guy filed a fake assault and hatecrime report, it probably would have never made it outside some fringe outlets, but for the exact opposite reasons you allege.
PlasmaHam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2019, 11:06 PM   #20
mattsmith48
VT Voice of reason
 
Name: matt
Join Date: March 8, 2014
Location: North of the Banana Republic
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Default Re: Jussie Smollett and faking hate crimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaHam View Post
The problem here is not that someone filed a fake assault report. That happens plenty of times without much media attention. The problem is that Smollett filed a fake assault report, then made a big fuss of it being because he is a liberal gay black dude, and the leftwing media jumped right on it as yet another potential Trump hit piece (*cough* Steele Dossier *cough*). This was all over the news before it came to light that Smollett staged the attacks. Unless you want to claim that a conservative illuminati secretly forced those liberal outlets to run with the story (wouldn't put it past you), liberals brought this situation upon themselves.

Frankly, if a white guy filed a fake assault and hatecrime report, it probably would have never made it outside some fringe outlets, but for the exact opposite reasons you allege.
First I'll start with a friendly reminder...

Quote:
There is no such thing as liberal or conservative media, the only thing the media cares about is either money or the truth.
The only part Illuminati have in how much the media are covering these stories is their symbols on American money.

A black famous actor getting assaulted by a couple of white racist-homophobic assholes is worth reporting and (without naming anyone) if you have an influential racist public figure promoting hate and violence towards minorities it is normal for people and the media to link a connection.

If a white actor decided to stage getting assaulted and filled a false police report to boost the popularity for personal gain they most likely wouldn't get 16 indictments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsmith48
There is no such thing as liberal or conservative media, the only thing the media cares about is either money or the truth.
mattsmith48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright©2000 - 2020
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2004 - 2020, VirtualTeen.org