Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old April 23rd, 2018, 10:18 PM   #1
Alumni

Default Hereditary health issues,

Hey guys,

I have been recording high blood pressure lines for roughly 2 weeks now (doctor asked me to keep track) and it hasn't been great. My lines have gone from 160/110 to 130/70.

It's a wild card at this point. I could be anxious, or it could be hereditary (highly common in my family along with heart disease).

I'm relatively healthy (6'0, 175 lbs), I try to back away from sugars and salts often but not to the point where it is unhealthy. I exercise.

It's still showing up high, and I'm not sure whether I should be disappointed in something I can manage, but not control.

I don't know. I've been asked to take blood tests and visit a cardiologist, which I will be doing in the next couple of days. I hope everything goes well, I'm trying not to think much of it.

Anyways, what kind of family 'ticks' run in your family? Any type of diseases or anything pretty cool? Just trying to cool down.
Alumni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2018, 08:59 AM   #2
TessTheGreat
Great Poster

Name: Tess
Default Re: Hereditary health issues,

There are lots of things that are hereditary and if high blood pressure and heart disease run in your family it's a good thing that you are being careful with salt and sugar and getting exercise and seeing a doctor about it.
I've got my dad's long fingers and that's cool for playing the piano. What's not so cool is that my mum was one of those 1 or 2 percent of people who still wet the bed when they are teenagers and I unfortunately inherited that.
So some inherited things are pretty cool and some of them are not so cool! But if your blood pressure is inherited or not I hope you can get it sorted out.
TessTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2018, 11:58 PM   #3
Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by sazzzo View Post
There are lots of things that are hereditary and if high blood pressure and heart disease run in your family it's a good thing that you are being careful with salt and sugar and getting exercise and seeing a doctor about it.
I've got my dad's long fingers and that's cool for playing the piano. What's not so cool is that my mum was one of those 1 or 2 percent of people who still wet the bed when they are teenagers and I unfortunately inherited that.
So some inherited things are pretty cool and some of them are not so cool! But if your blood pressure is inherited or not I hope you can get it sorted out.
Long fingers-that's actually a pretty cool thing to have. It must be pretty easy to play instruments and catch items, pretty cool

Went to the cardiologist and ran a few tests, did an ultrasound on the stomach and heart and everything looked very good. I'm still getting a kidney ultrasound in a day.

My blood pressure showed up as normal (124/70) once the doctor let me rest for a bit so I'm pretty happy.

I appreciate the discussion mate, really cool to know that there's just some things that come along with genes.
Alumni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2018, 02:47 PM   #4
jamie_n5
Legendary Member

jamie_n5's Forum Picture

Name: Jamie

Looks like you are on the right track and doing what is right for you and your health. I agree that many things can be hereditary like heart disease and cancer. I think you are handling this just great and you will be fine.

I am gay and happy with that.
I love talking to people very open & willing to listen.
I am also glad to try help with questions or problems.
Hit me up for anything. I promise I don't bite.
jamie_n5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2018, 11:20 PM   #5
Fiona2
Member+

Name: Fiona

I inherited very low body fat from my mom. I inherited athleticism form both my mom and dad. I also inherited very good health from both and I'm grateful for that.
Fiona2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2018, 05:02 AM   #6
TessTheGreat
Great Poster

Name: Tess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiona2 View Post
I inherited very low body fat from my mom. I inherited athleticism form both my mom and dad. I also inherited very good health from both and I'm grateful for that.
I inherited low body fat too and I'm averagely athletic which is like both parents. And very good health too.
TessTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2021, 02:19 PM   #7
alexwilson
Banned

My friend had cold hands, which is usually a sign of stress. He has a difficult and nervous job. He was advised to consult a doctor for a better diagnosis, I also suggested that he try some CBD oil before doing this. For best results, order from Aifory, a leading supplier of Buy CBD products. Their solutions are chemically pure and THC-free, so you get all the benefits of CBD: strong soothing, and energizing effects.
alexwilson is offline   Reply With Quote