Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old March 15th, 2005, 04:44 PM   #81
Ravenous
Unregistered

Jeezus christ shaolin, an ounce in five minutes? :O I wouldnt do an ounce in a day! ffs id be soo wrecked i wuldnt be able to stay awake for several days, one fatty will do me
Old March 15th, 2005, 05:47 PM   #82
maximan
Member++

maximan's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmos
the only data you have on the effects of drugs are your personal experiences that they "make me feel good"

thats not data, thats nothing. in fact im not even going to fight this because im so tired.... ill probably post later and pwn u
I wrote a paper on why pot should be legal. And guess what, I have TONS of data. Check it out, and I'm afriad you're the one who got pwned.

http://www.geocities.com/silverpaw750/marijuana.doc
maximan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2005, 05:59 PM   #83
Dante
Legendary Member

drugs are bad.....u might like it,, but ill mess u up in the long run. It should remain ilegal, and i hate the whole xcuse that if ur bi-polar u could do weed, thats not a freakin excuse.

If Any Member needs to talk to me about anything, Just PM me, the door is always open.

My blog: Blog...
Dante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2005, 06:12 PM   #84
Shaolin
Awesome Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The CEO
drugs are bad.....u might like it,, but ill mess u up in the long run. It should remain ilegal, and i hate the whole xcuse that if ur bi-polar u could do weed, thats not a freakin excuse.
Drugs are bad for what reason? Is it because -

People take them for recreation? If that's the case - ban chocolate, ban alcohol, ban cigarettes, ban Salvia, ban Quat, ban caffeine.....etc

Because they are addictive? - if thats the case - ban nicotene, ban chocolate, ban caffeine, ban alcohol, ban pain killers.....etc

They do you harm in the long term - Interesting statement, yes some drugs are dangerous if used abusivly in high doses.

Because they lead to harder drugs - in that case - ban alcohol, ban cigarettes...etc

The truth is the drug war is extremly biased, the government is feeding lies. Cannabis use destroys brain cells......yes....in toxic doses well above the range of practical application in rats! oooo rats...they are ever so similiar to the human brain.

If anyone wants immediate advice don\'t hestitate to contact to me on AIM (AOL instant messenger) - aim: vodkasmodka

Eccentric! Not egocentric!
Shaolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2005, 06:18 PM   #85
Shaolin
Awesome Poster

The drug war CANNOT be won. In no way, no matter how strict the penalties people will indulge in the freedom to ingest whatever they want, wether it be bleach or heroin. The law cant stop that.

Guess what people - Holland has one of the lowest class A drug useages in Europe. The UK has the highest!

In Holland you can goto a clinic and inject heroin under supervision of medical professionals, with clean needles etc

The problem with keeping drugs illegal is, it keeps them in the black market - many bad people are making alot of money out of selling impure drugs and using that money to fund whatever the fuck they want, wars, guns whatever...

The truth is, as shown by example in Holland - Criminilsation of users does NOT work, it makse the situation worse. Addiction is a real problem, and you cannot simply clean the streets of drugs, if people want to use them they can make them in their houses or grow them or goto coutnries where they are legal!

People who are addicted to hard drugs have a dependancy and many would admit they don't like it, and want to stop. But having to pay high prices for drugs you need (or you DIE - heroin withdrawl for example) you can goto great lengths to get that money, like mug or kill someone.

Giving people Methadone for heroin addiction has helped the problem especially in the US, and the government is afraid to admit it.

That they are wasting tax payer money on a war no one can ever win. The battles already lost, drugs will exist laws or no laws, police or no police.

You can't stop people from living 'alternate' lifestyles just because YOU dont agree with it.

OPEN YOUR MIND!

If anyone wants immediate advice don\'t hestitate to contact to me on AIM (AOL instant messenger) - aim: vodkasmodka

Eccentric! Not egocentric!
Shaolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2005, 06:18 PM   #86
maximan
Member++

maximan's Forum Picture

Quote:
I just posted a paper completely disproving that marijuana is bad, and you still use the same stupid stubborn arguement? Wow, thats intelligent
Old March 15th, 2005, 06:45 PM   #87
<-Dying_to_Live->
VT Lover

<-Dying_to_Live->'s Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximan
Quote:
I just posted a paper completely disproving that marijuana is bad, and you still use the same stupid stubborn arguement? Wow, thats intelligent
Oh and your paper disproves the FDA and all the scientists and doctors in the world (who are surely smarter than you because they have been through med school)
<-Dying_to_Live-> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2005, 07:00 PM   #88
maximan
Member++

maximan's Forum Picture

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximan
Quote:
Oh and your paper disproves the FDA and all the scientists and doctors in the world (who are surely smarter than you because they have been through med school)
If you'd have read the paper, you'd notice most of my sources are from doctoral studies and medical websites, and professional studies. And the FDA? It's controlled by the government, who blatently lies about the effects of marijuana. If you honestly think at this point that the government is honest, then you need more schooling. Plus, the government hasn't studied marijuana since the 1960's, and refuse to update their information, which was conducted when the government was trying to find an excuse to oust hippies.
Old March 15th, 2005, 07:14 PM   #89
<-Dying_to_Live->
VT Lover

The main active chemical in marijuana is THC (delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol). Researchers have found that THC changes the way in which sensory information gets into and is acted on by the hippocampus. This is a component of the brain's limbic system that is crucial for learning, memory, and the integration of sensory experiences with emotions and motivations. Investigations have shown that THC suppresses neurons in the information-processing system of the hippocampus. In addition, researchers have discovered that learned behaviors, which depend on the hippocampus, also deteriorate.

Thats an excerpt from http://www.theantidrug.com/drug_info...-marijuana.asp, which can't possibly be controlled by the government nor blatent liars like your bullshit paper does a bad job of trying to prove.
Old March 15th, 2005, 07:27 PM   #90
boognish
A Pleaser

funny, that page doesnt exist. plus i would also like to say that i dont trust the fda for anything. they approved asbestos, tin houses, and the pipes that corroded. those "tests" were done on rats not humans. rats and humans, to my knologe, have very different motabolisms, and brain size. so i fattie for a human in a mouse, will fuck its ass up. but a scale fattie, the mouse will just chill out for like a hour.

My Views Are Odd, I am Accutally a Republican
i dont suffer from insanity, i enjoy it
i swear to drunk im not god

pm me if anyone needs any kind of help, i probly know the answer you seek
i got a new email...
its gmail! it is: [email protected]
boognish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2005, 07:30 PM   #91
maximan
Member++

maximan's Forum Picture

Quote:
The main active chemical in marijuana is THC (delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol). Researchers have found that THC changes the way in which sensory information gets into and is acted on by the hippocampus. This is a component of the brain's limbic system that is crucial for learning, memory, and the integration of sensory experiences with emotions and motivations. Investigations have shown that THC suppresses neurons in the information-processing system of the hippocampus. In addition, researchers have discovered that learned behaviors, which depend on the hippocampus, also deteriorate.

Thats an excerpt from http://www.theantidrug.com/drug_info...-marijuana.asp, which can't possibly be controlled by the government nor blatent liars like your bullshit paper does a bad job of trying to prove.
Didn't I just talk about how government research is biased, out of date, and plain wrong? And how I have proof in my paper that their research has been disproved tons of times? And yet your best arguement is still to link to government propaganda, let alone a page that doesnt exist? Wow. Great arguement you've got going.
Old March 15th, 2005, 07:49 PM   #92
<-Dying_to_Live->
VT Lover

wow take the fucking comma off the end of the fucking link, you fucking retard. anyone with half a brain could figure out the comma wasnt meant to be in the link, seeing how its not a recognized symbol in a url. good job fuckhead, i want you to personnally disprove what i posted and everything on that website. i want u to personally prove the government lies, without using any outside sources
Old March 15th, 2005, 08:04 PM   #93
boognish
A Pleaser

Quote:
wow take the fucking comma off the end of the fucking link, you fucking retard. anyone with half a brain could figure out the comma wasnt meant to be in the link, seeing how its not a recognized symbol in a url. good job fuckhead, i want you to personnally disprove what i posted and everything on that website. i want u to personally prove the government lies, without using any outside sources
guess what numbnuts? you put the comma there

My Views Are Odd, I am Accutally a Republican
i dont suffer from insanity, i enjoy it
i swear to drunk im not god

pm me if anyone needs any kind of help, i probly know the answer you seek
i got a new email...
its gmail! it is: [email protected]
boognish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2005, 08:06 PM   #94
<-Dying_to_Live->
VT Lover

but did i have the intention of it being automatically turned into a link? no
Old March 15th, 2005, 09:04 PM   #95
maximan
Member++

maximan's Forum Picture

Quote:
Um, I can't disprove it without outside scientific studies, becuase I don't have tons of patients to test. Dumbass.

Have you even read my paper? If you had, you'd realize every one of my sources is completely legitamate, and they all are against what the government preaches. Dumbass.
Old March 15th, 2005, 09:53 PM   #96
Dante
Legendary Member

drugs harm people. and t leads to people down fall, look at all those crack heads out there.

If Any Member needs to talk to me about anything, Just PM me, the door is always open.

My blog: Blog...
Dante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2005, 10:18 PM   #97
maximan
Member++

maximan's Forum Picture

Quote:
drugs harm people. and t leads to people down fall, look at all those crack heads out there.
Yeah...um crack is terrible for you. So is LSD. So is Cocaine. THese have been proven to be terrible for you. But Marijuana is actually less harmful than tobacco and/or alcohol.
Old March 15th, 2005, 10:57 PM   #98
Kiros
Retired Administrator

Kiros's Forum Picture

Name: Ben

yes and no...

in a sense, yes, because they can relax people and there are actually many legal drugs, but even those that are illegal can help people.

For those in depression, a stimulant or a narcotic might do the trick temporarily. For those that are too hyper, a depresant might be helpful.

But yet, theres something just wrong about hearing "Hey nurse, can ya light me up blount?"

besides, drugs can be addictive and can cause brain and other body system damage.

So, like I said, yes and no...

Kiros || Ben

Happiness is not about being perfect.
It is about seeing beyond the imperfections.
Kiros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2005, 07:59 PM   #99
<-Dying_to_Live->
VT Lover

drugs are bad. ask your teacher if they are good. ask your mom if they are good. ask your doctor if they are good. ask your councelor if they are good. if all those people say its fine, ill believe u
Old March 16th, 2005, 08:34 PM   #100
Julio caesar shavez the 4
Nice Poster

no what about advile
Julio caesar shavez the 4 is offline   Reply With Quote