Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old November 9th, 2020, 03:50 AM   #1
MatveiBehnke
Junior Member+

MatveiBehnke's Forum Picture

Name: Matthew
Unhappy I got bullied on Discord

Some person tried to say they knew Russian more by putting Russian in their messages and everyone backed them in the server saying I didn't work hard as them, I am 15 and have autism, I put my life into Russian and applied for going to study in Russia.

But these people kept claiming I didn't work hard enough as I should and that they knew more than me, but at the same time, these people don't know Russians aren't homogenous people and that I actually work hard as I can.

My family backed me up when I was crying in my room near the computer and told me those people don't know me, I cried because I knew I worked as hard as I could and that I am motivated because of my goal, I know those people only treat Russian as a hobby, not a life goal.

They told me that being bilingual isn't a special goal because they learned English but English is the global language and it's not hard to learn, so I don't get why they are so worked up over me making it my life goal to learn Russian.

Russian is a hard language and its harder than Spanish, Italian, German, etc, even though Russian might not seem special to "Romanians" or "Serbian" and "Finnish" people, most people in America would find it rationale to have Russian and study in Russia as a life goal, and become translator, because Russian is a hard language and Russia is far away from America too.

I just don't understand why I got bullied over this and why certain people think that treating Russian as a life goal and studying in Russia, then becoming a translator, is not a rationale choice of a life goal.

That's the end of my discussion on this issue I had, I just didn't understand why the people on the site bullied me and thought that it wasn't rationale for me to have my life goal and make it my main priority to make me happy.
MatveiBehnke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2020, 07:47 AM   #2
DarkDragon

DarkDragon's Forum Picture

Name: jay

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatveiBehnke View Post
Some person tried to say they knew Russian more by putting Russian in their messages and everyone backed them in the server saying I didn't work hard as them, I am 15 and have autism, I put my life into Russian and applied for going to study in Russia.

But these people kept claiming I didn't work hard enough as I should and that they knew more than me, but at the same time, these people don't know Russians aren't homogenous people and that I actually work hard as I can.

My family backed me up when I was crying in my room near the computer and told me those people don't know me, I cried because I knew I worked as hard as I could and that I am motivated because of my goal, I know those people only treat Russian as a hobby, not a life goal.

They told me that being bilingual isn't a special goal because they learned English but English is the global language and it's not hard to learn, so I don't get why they are so worked up over me making it my life goal to learn Russian.

Russian is a hard language and its harder than Spanish, Italian, German, etc, even though Russian might not seem special to "Romanians" or "Serbian" and "Finnish" people, most people in America would find it rationale to have Russian and study in Russia as a life goal, and become translator, because Russian is a hard language and Russia is far away from America too.

I just don't understand why I got bullied over this and why certain people think that treating Russian as a life goal and studying in Russia, then becoming a translator, is not a rationale choice of a life goal.

That's the end of my discussion on this issue I had, I just didn't understand why the people on the site bullied me and thought that it wasn't rationale for me to have my life goal and make it my main priority to make me happy.
I just want to say I'm sorry you was bullied on discord, it sucks and a horrible thing to have happened to you, those people didn't have the right to do so and they're just idiots for bullying you for not learning the language as well as they could. We all have a different learning curve and I believe you can learn Russian despite having autism. just keep trying and never give up, I'm glad your family supports you

also personally I don't know why they attacked you? people can just be cruel, attacking those that are weaker or mocking those for the dumbest reason. They probably thought they were better than you for knowing English as their second language and couldn't sympathize with you as they're assholes. Just block them, you don't need those toxic people in your life and you can find better people that'd accept you.

I believe in your dream and hope you get your dream career mate.

p.S. Try looking for Russian-speaking discord servers or multilingual ones. i feel they'd respect your dream more than an average discord server full of toxic peeps

P.P.S. are you planning to take a course in it to just self learn?

Last edited by DarkDragon; November 9th, 2020 at 02:04 PM.
DarkDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2020, 08:34 AM   #3
SouthernDude
Awesome Poster

SouthernDude's Forum Picture

Name: Matt
Default Re: I got bullied on Discord

I'm sorry this happened to you. I'm sure your skills are far beyond what I could ever do. Keep on working towards your goals, don't let anyone stop you from doing what you want to do.
SouthernDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2020, 10:22 AM   #4
cocorayo

cocorayo's Forum Picture

You'll always find toxic people in the world saying trying to destroy your dreams, but those people are in the lowest scale possible.
I know how you feel about it because languages can be frustrating. But never listeng to toxic people like those in discord, they just wanted to take down your dream, unless like them that don't have any aspiration in life.
unless real world, you can get out from that discord server, at the end the were just Americans so there wasn't a whole point to be there in the first place...

Meeting people in the internet can also bring you good friends, I've met a friend from Czechia and we are really close, I teach him Spanish he teaches me czech and luckily, Russian is the third most spoken language in the internet so you can start by meeting people there.
who knows, maybe there's a Russian VT.

"Don't ask me, ask the Ministry"
cocorayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2020, 10:59 AM   #5
Blueisthecolour1
Member++

Name: Chris

Unfortunately this is the way some people are, it’s easy to say ignore them and say focus on the people that support you in your goals and I can it can effect you I hope this doesn’t happen and you continue to learn and not let this effect you
Blueisthecolour1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2020, 01:10 AM   #6
Snowfox
Great Poster

Name: Pyry

Quote:

Well studying any foreing language is admirable goal and there is no reason why you shouldnt do it if thats what you want.
I wouldnt take pissing contest which language is harder to learn since its where you start. Its kinda easy for english speaker to learn germany compared to russia since they are in same language group.
Just like Finnish and Estonians and Karelians and Tornedahlfinska are very very similar. Funny I have no idea of Kven-finnish how it sounds like...

how ever I was drifting.
Keep studying language and culture and especially popular culture and literature since those help understand deeper issues and mindset.
You see once you learn language well enough to understand basics then you should dive to the deep end and learn culture and popular culture and literature to be able to understand finer tunes. Especially humor is important.

Who is John Galt
Snowfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2020, 11:27 AM   #7
pale blue sky
Junior Member+

Name: Sophie

Quote:

It was truly pathetic of them to do that. Try to ignore them if possible as they sound like just trolls
pale blue sky is offline   Reply With Quote