Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old November 7th, 2020, 09:26 AM   #1
DarkDragon

DarkDragon's Forum Picture

Name: jay
Default Do you follow what you believe is right or what your religion says?

Most religions say you cannot masturbate, you cannot talk about sex as its taboo, dating isnt allowed or that being gay or transgender is a sin and some even promote violence against such people. There's been a situation where gay people are beat to death or they're afraid to tell their parents as they'd get thrown out.

I'm religious and i don't agree with this, I want to believe that as a religious person we should accept everyone for who they are and that we should treat each other with kindness, respect and love. That doing something harmful to yourself and others is not allowed. That religion should be something you agree with and treasure not feel forced to comply with.

What are your thoughts on your religion and do you do what you think is right?)
DarkDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2020, 09:41 AM   #2
Pultost
Professional slacker

Pultost's Forum Picture

Name: Anita
Default Re: Do you follow what you believe is right or what your religion says?

I consider myself Christian, but obviously I don't agree with everything. I can't really find anything in the Bible that strictly forbids masturbation. Those who are against it have obviously twisted the Onan situation, and got creative. Also, I'm bi, so there's another "rule" I ignore.

Things will eventually go south.
Pultost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2020, 09:50 AM   #3
Natacha
Prankster Metalhead

Natacha's Forum Picture

Name: Natacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pultost View Post
I consider myself Christian, but obviously I don't agree with everything. I can't really find anything in the Bible that strictly forbids masturbation. Those who are against it have obviously twisted the Onan situation, and got creative. Also, I'm bi, so there's another "rule" I ignore.
The "problem" with Onan, wasn't it that god had told him to get the wife pregnant, but he pulled out before the crucial moment? Not so much about masturbation? I'm not sure.

I think the right term for me is anti religious, so I just do whatever I feel right

"Comedy is like sex. If they haven't made a noise in a while, change what you're doing."

- Sara Pascoe
Natacha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2020, 09:53 AM   #4
Pultost
Professional slacker

Pultost's Forum Picture

Name: Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natacha View Post
The "problem" with Onan, wasn't it that god had told him to get the wife pregnant, but he pulled out before the crucial moment? Not so much about masturbation? I'm not sure.

I think the right term for me is anti religious, so I just do whatever I feel right
That's exactly right. He betrayed god's wish and pulled out, letting his sperm fall to the ground. It's got nothing to do with masturbation whatsoever.

Things will eventually go south.
Pultost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2020, 03:37 PM   #5
ska8er
Legendary Member

ska8er's Forum Picture

Name: Andy

Im not anti religious and I do
what I think is right. There are
far worse things than masturbating
which I think are considered a sin.
ska8er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2020, 10:25 PM   #6
SouthernDude

SouthernDude's Forum Picture

Name: Matt

It's mainly Catholicism that denounces masturbation, but all sects of Christianity denounces the lust often associated with masturbation. I think masturbation is perfectly normal, and could be a source of pleasure God gave us single people.

I think talking about sex is perfectly fine, but I believe the act should be kept between the ones doing it. People shouldn't really be involved in other's sex lives.

While I don't necessarily support the LGBT+ community, I'm not against it either. I don't really care what you are, just don't shove your ideas down my throat.
SouthernDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2020, 02:34 AM   #7
HeyCameron
Awesome Poster

HeyCameron's Forum Picture

Name: Cameron

Yes, I always find it interesting (and very disappointing) when I come across people who admit they have nothing against homosexuals, for example, but feel they must oppose them because their religion says so. That's the kind of refusing to think critically that gives religion a bad rap.

Certainly many religions teach restraint around sexual matters. I think people need to think more about why certain things re. sex might be a problem (uncontrolled lust, promiscuity, sex without regard to the other person's feelings) rather than simply ticking off boxes of what's "not allowed" because it says so in religious teachings.

I don't know any religions that specifically forbid discussion of sex, but it's pretty obvious that sexual repression doesn't keep people pure and abstinent; the lack of information and honesty only creates more problems and in many cases, leads to the very problems the lack of discussion is supposedly trying to prevent.

Dancer. Avid reader. Wannabe intellectual. Disillusioned, but not cynical.

"The world is a comedy to those that think, a tragedy to those that feel".
HeyCameron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2020, 06:52 AM   #8
Oscar-V3.0
Awesome Poster

Name: Oscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDragon View Post
Most religions say you cannot masturbate, you cannot talk about sex as its taboo, dating isnt allowed or that being gay or transgender is a sin and some even promote violence against such people. There's been a situation where gay people are beat to death or they're afraid to tell their parents as they'd get thrown out.

I'm religious and i don't agree with this, I want to believe that as a religious person we should accept everyone for who they are and that we should treat each other with kindness, respect and love. That doing something harmful to yourself and others is not allowed. That religion should be something you agree with and treasure not feel forced to comply with.

I am catholic but I dont agree with everything the church says
As long as you are not causing harm to anyone, then then there is no reason to have it forbidden
Oscar-V3.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:15 AM   #9
Cassi
Junior Member+

Cassi's Forum Picture

Name: Cassie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDragon View Post

What religion says being trans is a sin?

Being gay isnít either, the versions of the bible translated by conservatives try hit at that but the original versions donít
Also Jesus never said anything against gay people / being gay

Typical that people with agendas ruin good things
Cassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:27 AM   #10
DarkDragon

DarkDragon's Forum Picture

Name: jay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassi View Post
What religion says being trans is a sin?

Being gay isnít either, the versions of the bible translated by conservatives try hit at that but the original versions donít
Also Jesus never said anything against gay people / being gay

Typical that people with agendas ruin good things
honestly i believe religions like Islam and Christianity dont mention it explicity (well im not sure for islam but the bible sure doesnt) or vaguely say so yet the people in it are willing to say being trans is a sin, that masturbation is not allowed or that homosexuality is a sin.

I DO NOT BELIVE that these are sins and that people should be free in what they chose as long as it doesnt harm them. i think people are trying to justify how they feel or they are afraid/unwilling to accept the unknown.
DarkDragon is offline   Reply With Quote