Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old June 10th, 2021, 11:37 PM   #1
Gabraham

Name: Gabe
Default Covid and school

Has this year been much different for you cuz of covid?

For me, we finally started going to in person like 10 weeks ago. First twice per week. Then 5 days. School has been pretty easy. But I don't really like it. Too many rules and teachers always yelling to Put on masks correctly and stuff like that. But since I'm a frosh I'm wondering if school was easy cuz of covid. Cuz it really isn't harder than middle school.
Gabraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2021, 05:44 AM   #2
ItsJustSomeone
Junior Member+

ItsJustSomeone's Forum Picture

Name: Polly
Default Re: Covid and school

I think it depends a lot on what year you're in. I'm currently in college and things are a lot more different, to say the least.
I graduated during the beginning of the pandemic and lost my prom, grad ceremony, friends... it was incredibly difficult. As for college, we haven't been able to go on campus yet. Online classes weren't the best and there was no way to really connect with people. I'm glad I'm still healthy and alive to tell the tale but it hasn't been easy.

this shiii be BOPPIN'
ItsJustSomeone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2021, 05:47 AM   #3
AshleighB
VT Lover

AshleighB's Forum Picture

Name: Ashleigh

Its been a hard year as its my final year, we had home schooling in January for a few weeks then finally went back for a few hours a day, all our final exams have been cancelled and we will be getting marked on our class work or there will just estimate what grade to give us
AshleighB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2021, 03:28 PM   #4
Uniquemind
VT Lover

This last year sucked. Even for us older teens or young adults now who started college.

A lot of it was remote work, the school experience was dependent on the stability of the internet connection (quality and speed), as well as the quality and speed of those who joined in on Zoom.

Everyone was stressed.

I personally dropped or reduced my course load because I couldn’t take the stress and needed to calm and focus myself and make time to just stay safe from covid19.

My old school went completely remote, and from listening to local news it seemed that was happening everywhere where I live. Lots of parent-teacher groups fighting, name calling, accusing each other of not doing their jobs.

What a total lack of representation of what good human beings are was shown in this year. Or at least the limits of human empathy. But it also showed the potential of good giving empathetic people as well.
Uniquemind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2021, 10:38 PM   #5
julia1234
Member++

julia1234's Forum Picture

To me the worst part was not being able to be around my friends. Online school sux. But on the better side I found VT because I was bored and now I like dropping in here a lot.
julia1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2021, 07:47 PM   #6
Bart-Simpson
Member+

Bart-Simpson's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabraham View Post
Has this year been much different for you cuz of covid?

For me, we finally started going to in person like 10 weeks ago. First twice per week. Then 5 days. School has been pretty easy. But I don't really like it. Too many rules and teachers always yelling to Put on masks correctly and stuff like that. But since I'm a frosh I'm wondering if school was easy cuz of covid. Cuz it really isn't harder than middle school.
You bet your ass it was
We went from full time in person to full home for about 3 months then partially back then vacation then full time back for new school year for about 2 months then there was the variant and we started it allll again...
You can see your friends then you cant then you can only see them with a mask then you cant see more than 5 at a time

You're damn right this year was different from any other !
Bart-Simpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:51 PM   #7
Blueisthecolour1
VT Lover

Name: Chris

We started the year then had a break because of COVID we are now back in again

Its official Im now awesome 01/01/2021

VT Lover 06/04/2021
Blueisthecolour1 is offline   Reply With Quote