Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old May 19th, 2021, 04:50 PM   #41
ZZZoe

Name: Zo๋
Default Re: Bedwetting

Quote:
Originally Posted by TessTheGreat View Post
I wish I knew! I've tried medicine but that didn't work but I'm trying the alarm now and it's going ok but not there yet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayleighLovesRiding View Post
Ok thanks good luck with the alarm
Good luck with that Tess let us know if it works. I'm probably going to try one in the summer holidays and Kayleigh Hi nice to meet you and do you know why it didn't work for you?
ZZZoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2021, 02:45 AM   #42
Yijing Huang

Yijing Huang's Forum Picture

Name: Yijing

ohh bedwetting?
Yijing Huang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2021, 03:03 PM   #43
TessTheGreat
Great Poster

Name: Tess

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZZoe View Post
Good luck with that Tess let us know if it works. I'm probably going to try one in the summer holidays and Kayleigh Hi nice to meet you and do you know why it didn't work for you?
Zoe you must try it. Seriously you must. I wet the bed yesterday morning but that was like only the 10th time this year. Most nights I'm waking up on time because the alarm is getting me to recognise when I need to wee. Except for a bad week in march I'm getting like 3 week gaps and it's amazing! Btw did you know about world bedwetting day in may? It's to tell people that girls and boys like us are totally normal and to get treatment like the alarm! So anyway get that alarm as soon as you can and tell us about it! Because it's really good
TessTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2021, 03:25 AM   #44
Eivor
Member++

Eivor's Forum Picture

Name: Erika

What’s the connection to puberty?
Surely it’s a psychological issue separate to that

————————————————————
Erika ——— they / them ——— Vikingr
Eivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2021, 04:42 AM   #45
TessTheGreat
Great Poster

Name: Tess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eivor View Post
What’s the connection to puberty?
Surely it’s a psychological issue separate to that
There's no connection to puberty. But it's not normally psychological either but neurological.
What happens to most people is that when they are asleep and need to wee their brain gets a message to tell them to wake up. Most children develop that between the ages of 2 and 5. But some of us get it later. And there's still between 1 and 2% of us who are teenagers and don't always get that message to wake up and as a result have an accident.
It's similar to puberty because all of us here start that at different times but like you said there isn't actually any link at all
But also you are slightly right about psychological reasons because sometimes people can regress and start bedwetting again because of things like parents getting divorced or somebody in the family dying or something else that upsets them. That's called secondary nocturnal enuresis. But I've got what's called primary nocturnal enuresis which means I have always done it. And that's the same as most teenagers who wet the bed. It's nothing to do with my mind but it's a physical problem and I'm confident that soon I will change and won't do it any more.
And because there's over 1% of teenagers who have the same thing as me I know that there are some others here as well as me. I've written about it before because I want people to realise that it's widespread and those of us who do it are as normal as anyone else, just a bit slower developing one particular skill that most people get before starting school. It's just like getting your period later than your friends or getting body hair later, things like that.
And btw I'm really happy for you and almost everyone on this site that you don't ever do it
TessTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2021, 06:43 AM   #46
Eivor
Member++

Eivor's Forum Picture

Name: Erika

Quote:
Originally Posted by TessTheGreat View Post
There's no connection to puberty. But it's not normally psychological either but neurological.
What happens to most people is that when they are asleep and need to wee their brain gets a message to tell them to wake up. Most children develop that between the ages of 2 and 5. But some of us get it later. And there's still between 1 and 2% of us who are teenagers and don't always get that message to wake up and as a result have an accident.
It's similar to puberty because all of us here start that at different times but like you said there isn't actually any link at all
But also you are slightly right about psychological reasons because sometimes people can regress and start bedwetting again because of things like parents getting divorced or somebody in the family dying or something else that upsets them. That's called secondary nocturnal enuresis. But I've got what's called primary nocturnal enuresis which means I have always done it. And that's the same as most teenagers who wet the bed. It's nothing to do with my mind but it's a physical problem and I'm confident that soon I will change and won't do it any more.
And because there's over 1% of teenagers who have the same thing as me I know that there are some others here as well as me. I've written about it before because I want people to realise that it's widespread and those of us who do it are as normal as anyone else, just a bit slower developing one particular skill that most people get before starting school. It's just like getting your period later than your friends or getting body hair later, things like that.
And btw I'm really happy for you and almost everyone on this site that you don't ever do it
Fair enough! That’s gotta suck
I am sorry and hope it’s over for you soon

————————————————————
Erika ——— they / them ——— Vikingr
Eivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:47 AM   #47
KayleighLovesRiding

Name: Kayleigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZZoe View Post
I don't know but I think its to do with my bladder muscles need to grow stronger. Like the alarm goes off a lot but it's too late and it was making me really sleepy. I do have accidents if I sneeze and do some PE so I have to be really careful to go to the toilet before dance class or PE. And sometimes I pee if I fall asleep in the car. I have exercises to do but its not stopping it yet and mostly I get told not to worry and wait.

Last edited by KayleighLovesRiding; Today at 09:51 AM.
KayleighLovesRiding is offline   Reply With Quote