Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Closed Thread

Old June 6th, 2004, 03:59 PM   #41
kingofpythias

Default well,

well, i have been known to remove heads due to diary usage but i suppose........
Old June 10th, 2004, 05:05 PM   #42
Track 14
Member+

in england i seen gay priests, lesbian vicors and recently i do believe homosexual marriage has been given permission by an archbishop i think :s but it has certain conditions but still in no time anyone will get married of a legal age. im totally with gay marriage i see nothing worng isnt it about the love anyways and not the churches moral well being, surely love is what its all about anyway.

joy
Old June 10th, 2004, 05:50 PM   #43
kingofpythias

Default Good Thinking

I wish all people thought positivley like you do. That is good. I wish we were all like that.
Old June 10th, 2004, 06:20 PM   #44
TheWizard
Retired Administrator

TheWizard's Forum Picture

I like the differences. It makes people interesting.

Anyway, I'm for gay marriages.

Josh

Old June 10th, 2004, 08:44 PM   #45
Dfsg
Awesome Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track 14
in england i seen gay priests, lesbian vicors and recently i do believe homosexual marriage has been given permission by an archbishop i think :s but it has certain conditions but still in no time anyone will get married of a legal age. im totally with gay marriage i see nothing worng isnt it about the love anyways and not the churches moral well being, surely love is what its all about anyway.
Darned Anglican Church... They're up for anything. What's worse than a church made by a king just so he could divorce??

As always- None of my statements are evaluated by the FDA.

My advice is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any diseases unless prescribed by a health practitioner. All information is provided for educational purposes only and should not replace the advice of your medical doctor.

(but your medical doctor will probably end up killing you )
Old June 12th, 2004, 02:58 AM   #46
teenboy9

Default GAY MARRIAGE, response to the "Marriage Defenders"

"Well, that is what maraige will become if homosexual maraiges are handed out like lolly pops in a pediatrician's office.

How could you think of maraige as just a piece of paper? That makes it much less important, and not worthy of such a critical argument.

For once, I do think John Kerry is right. He wants more rights for gays in a civil union, but is still against gay maraige. This provides protections for the both religious world, and the homosexual world." -Dfsg

I respect your view, and am not trying to attack you, just using your quote to make a point. In a country where in 1998 2.2 million couples married and 1.1 couples divorced, where in 2000 58 million couples stayed married but were seperated, where 1/3 of divorce cases continue on in bitter fights years after and where each year over 1 million children are effected by divorce I do not know why you think allowing gays to marry will make the picture any worse then it is. I can maybe count two or three of my friends parents that are still together. On TV we have shows where people are cast and then americans choose who they marry right on prime time tv. I would think in a time where the sanctity of marriage is being tested, its advocates would support a new pool of people wanting to come together out of simple love, and in many cases to adopt a child so he/she can grow up in a loving family instead of foster care facility. But because they do not support the people holding up the very ideals these marriage defenders are desperately looking for it seems that there must be another reason for wanting to hold back gay marriage. To many, understanding that a homosexual has the same level of feelings when it comes to a relationship as a heterosexual is hard. Accepting that homosexuality is as natural as heterosexuality may also be hard. (Even through homosexuality has been proven to exist in at least 63 different types of animals, including the cat, the dog, the gorilla, the housefly, and the dolphin) The only problem these "marriage defenders" are fighting is gay marriage, making it seem that, thats not what they are really fighting at all.
Old June 12th, 2004, 09:16 AM   #47
dying lullaby
Awesome Poster

dying lullaby's Forum Picture

awesome rebuttal

http://usera.imagecave.com/aoxfordca/dyinglull4.jpg
^ made by AtlantaWonder ^

She can\'t remember a time when she felt needed
If love was red then she was color blind
leave me be, while i rot and die, in the corner, under the blanket that you gave me when you lied and told me i ment something
~Bri
Old June 12th, 2004, 01:26 PM   #48
Anonymous
Unregistered

Gay marriage is wrong

Old June 12th, 2004, 01:29 PM   #49
TheWizard
Retired Administrator

Gay marrage is right. Its a matter of equal civil liberties.

Josh

Old June 12th, 2004, 02:26 PM   #50
teenboy9

sweetgurlsammi this is a debate forum, debate. If you think gay marriage is wrong, ok I can respect thats how you feel. But back up your statements with fact so we can talk about it. Everyone has beliefs that need to be tested, and thats what is cool about debate. Please, give me some facts to prove me wrong. Or at least say a little more to be able to respond to.
Old June 12th, 2004, 03:14 PM   #51
SocKs
Awesome Poster

wow ease off tiger.

Gay marrage...Im not gay so therefor I dont have to worry about it but heres my thoughts. Gay marrige should be allowed, the only thing thats keeping gay marrige back is homo-phobes. I know about 5 gay people, they are the funniest people I know. There should be no reason that 2 guys or 2 girls cant get married but a guy and a girl could.

On the other side heres my friends theory. "Homos somtimes go straight so they can get married, but if we make it so that homos can marry other homos, it will just create more and more homos...pretty soon the whole damn world will be homos and then everybody will die." I highly disagree with that.

Bottom line, theres nothing wrong with 2 people of the same sex getting married so let it be god damnit.
Old June 12th, 2004, 03:41 PM   #52
teenboy9

tiger, but I used words like cool, please, and respond to. lol I am just saying my "typing tone" has always been a relaxed one, and forgive me if it seemed other wise. People that are homo phobic often have this worry that if homosexuality is fully accepted into culture it will spread through the population like a virus, and no one will be safe. Yet heterosexuality is fully accepted in culture and there are gay people still. There is always going to naturally be hetero and homosexuals in society, people are what they are.
Old June 13th, 2004, 10:16 PM   #53
teenboy9

No one has given me a rebuttal to my first post. There were so many people who were against same sex marriage, but no one has responded? Debating is only fun when there is someone to debate with. So come up with a rebuttal and lets have some fun.
Old June 13th, 2004, 10:55 PM   #54
teenboy9

Churches that hide their homophobia behind shabby, out of context bible refrences.
Old June 13th, 2004, 10:57 PM   #55
teenboy9

I am sorry, but you really left yourself open for that one. It was a joke.
Old June 14th, 2004, 05:11 PM   #56
Runner
Junior Member+

I think the issue does not lie in the fact of letting gays get married, but rather that marriage is often thought to be a religious sacrament. It is not just a piece of paper, but a blessing from God.

Don't get me wrong, I know that you can go to any courthouse in the U.S. and get married....a non-religious ceremony....but it is still a religious act.

So, to sum it up, I think the argument is that because to some God does not recognize homosexuality....and therefore gays are bad people. I am Catholic, and straight, but even I don't agree wholeheartedly with the principles of the Catholic church. I think LOVE is what really matters.

SHE ONCE BELIEVED..IN EVERY STORY HE HAD TO TELL...
ONE DAY SHE STIFFENED - TOOK THE OTHER SIDE..
EMPTY STARES - FROM EACH CORNER OF A SHARED PRISON CELL - ..
ONE JUST ESCAPES...ONE IS LEFT INSIDE THE WELL....
Old June 14th, 2004, 05:58 PM   #57
TheWizard
Retired Administrator

The rights of the minority (in the case) must be protected at all costs. The civil rights movement for blacks was won because it was a noble effort for the rights of a minority. Its the samething with gays having a right to marry. Religious biggotry is the only thing preventing gays from marrying.

It would be worth have a civil war to give gays the same rights others enjoy.

Josh

Old June 14th, 2004, 08:30 PM   #58
Anonymous
Unregistered

Wanna Veiw my thought of Gay Marriage Just go to Govteen b/c i blew up there.
Im not sure if any one in here saw that thread.

I am a big supporter of the Fedral Marriage Protection Admendment.

Old June 14th, 2004, 10:53 PM   #59
Dfsg
Awesome Poster

Wow- I was quoted

Anyhoo, There's not much more I can argue on this topic. I've put a lot into the last one. I do think that many of the heterosexual gay rights activists will change their mind as time goes on, and they get married.

There's even gays who don't want the right to marry. Those are mainly Christian gays. We do accept em all, just as any sinner, but we won't accept a sin as good. Some may lie, cheat, and steal, but it's still not good, even if many people in society think otherwise.

Some of us have the genetic tendancies and brain qwerks to end up gay, or to end up doing other things. There is a genetic disorder called "super-male" (where a man gets two Y's and an X- I don't know how it happens, but it happens). They are more likely to have high testosterone, and to steal, rape, and murder. A shockingly high percentage of them are in jail. This is their nature, this is how it is for them, but does it make it right to just go ahead and do it? There are rules.

In the same way, the Church has rules. The government controls civil unions, and the Church controls maraige. You can't just break with it. The church has, for thousands of years, not recognized gay maraige (even in a time when many roman's were gay). The bible has told us this, and God must have some reason for it. So, if you don't want to confess a sin of homosexuality and try to improve it, you are just telling God you don't want Him. If you don't want God, then you must not want maraige in His name.

As always- None of my statements are evaluated by the FDA.

My advice is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any diseases unless prescribed by a health practitioner. All information is provided for educational purposes only and should not replace the advice of your medical doctor.

(but your medical doctor will probably end up killing you )
Old June 15th, 2004, 02:00 AM   #60
teenboy9

Some view that being gay is wrong, and I can only respect that view, although I dont think I will ever understand why some could view it to be wrong to love a person. But these are our views, and not the point. Originally marriage was used to transfer responsibility of the daughter, to create connections between families, and financial gains. In many cultures when the daughter was "given" to the other family, they had to some how pay them back for the loss of their child. When looked in prospective, marrying purly for love is a new thing. Gay marriage has little advantage and use in the old world values. But now as time change, and marriage has become a symbol of love, homosexuals wish to express this as well. When people talk about gay marriage, all they want is to be able to marry. Getting married in front of a judge or a preist, in both you get the same legal benifits, and in both the goverment acknowledges the union between the two people. For most gay rights activists, this is all they are asking for, not to change a religion, but just to get equal rights. But being gay may not be a sin at all, Leviticus 18:22 Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable.
Leviticus 20:13 If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.
These passages are found in what is commonly called the Holiness Code (Leviticus 17-26) and may refer to ritual impurity (uncleanness) rather than immorality. In other words, same-sex relations might not be "sin" but "impurity"--like eating bacon. If so, they are irrelevant to us, for the Gospel releases Christians from this part of the Jewish law.
Closed Thread