Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Closed Thread

Old July 22nd, 2004, 12:38 AM   #121
Dfsg
Awesome Poster

Prejudice? Prejudice is pre-judging someone. Not allowing gays to marry isn't making an empty judgement about an individual homosexual's character based on their sexual orientation.

I believe that there should be no gay maraige, but does that make me a prejudiced person? No! I have no problem with a gay person. I found out that a very good friend of mine is bisexual. She's still a friend. When I meet a new gay person, I don't judge their character at all. That= no prejudice.

And that is much more tolerance than many other groups generally get.

As always- None of my statements are evaluated by the FDA.

My advice is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any diseases unless prescribed by a health practitioner. All information is provided for educational purposes only and should not replace the advice of your medical doctor.

(but your medical doctor will probably end up killing you )
Old July 22nd, 2004, 02:32 AM   #122
Dfsg
Awesome Poster

No one said mariage was a right. It doesn't appear in the constitution. Thanks to the anti-federalitsts, you have no rights that aren't stipulated. There is nothing to be equal here.

It isn't some terrible injustice. Just like a foreigner can't run for president, or a 12 year old can't drive a car, there are limitations on things. If we had a perfect communist society, maybe we would allow this kind of thing, but we live in a country guided by morals, and I'm darned glad to live here.

You want perfectly equal rights? Move to China, Vietnam, or Cuba. But you'll soon find that it is much better where you are now. Any communist country where atheism rules, morals are dead, and everyone is socially equal is a terrible place to live.

Also, don't throw African Americans at me. "Oh, they got freedoms, so lets all be happy and give everyone the freedom to do anything!" There are several African Americans who are sick of people using them as a reason why Gays should be allowed to marry. Many black pastors speak out against gay marraige. I am sickened that you would lower their heroic struggle to such a low as a simple gay marraige argument.

My advice is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any diseases unless prescribed by a health practitioner. All information is provided for educational purposes only and should not replace the advice of your medical doctor.

Old July 22nd, 2004, 02:56 AM   #123
TheWizard
Retired Administrator

TheWizard's Forum Picture

There you go hiding behind the issues use "morals" as an excuse to be prejudice. There was a time when women couldn't vote, blacks counldn't vote, etc. One day gays will be able to marry sinply because there is a great injudice that must be corrected

Josh

Old July 22nd, 2004, 03:05 PM   #124
Dfsg
Awesome Poster

Tell me how being against gay maraige is prejudiced.

This is the definition of prejudice:
An adverse judgment or opinion formed beforehand or without knowledge or examination of the facts.

Does anyone say that hate, fear, or detest a particular homosexual, before judging his/her character? No! I, and many other gay mariage oposers, still judge a homosexual based upon their own character. If I find an annoying homosexual, I'll deal with them the same way I deal with annoying heterosexuals. If I think a homosexual has a good personality, I'll most likely befriend that person. Yet, I'm still against gay mariage.

So, It is NOT PREJUDICED to be against gay mariage. And I should take offense that you would call me a prejudiced person for having that view.

Old July 22nd, 2004, 04:13 PM   #125
TheWizard
Retired Administrator

Edit: I'm way to angry to respond. Sorry

Josh

Old July 22nd, 2004, 09:29 PM   #126
Anonymous
Unregistered

I dont belive members of homosexuality sould be aloud to marry. yet i cant speak because one of my best friends is a member of homosexuality and another one is a member of bisexuality. in my head i just remember Romans 1:25-32

25: Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. A-men'.
26: For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27: And likewisw also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned iin their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
28: And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
29: Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deciet, maliganity; whisperers,
30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors, of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, impaceable, unmerciful:
32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such tings are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Old July 23rd, 2004, 11:15 AM   #127
Dfsg
Awesome Poster

I've backed up what I said before.

Yet, I find your criticism very poorly constructed. It is true that many black churches opose gay rights, and I know black pastors that do, too. You are trying to tell me that the black's struggle to gain citizenship, the right to vote, and eqality is equal to the Gay's struggle to vote.

That struggle was truely a noble one. Racism has no foundation in the Christian Bible, and wasn't intended to be a big part of this nation. There is no nature that says that people of different races can't be equal. It was noble of them to take on the government as they did. People lost their lives for freedom.

Now you compare it to the Homosexual's journey to get gay mariage. Most Black Americans I know would destest you for saying that.

And somehow you threw animals in there, and criticized me for comparing Gays to animals? Huh? Don't put words in my mouth.

Old July 23rd, 2004, 12:50 PM   #128
TheWizard
Retired Administrator

You are so wrong. The struggle for freedom and equality is an honorable venture that will eventually overcome hate.

Your statements reinforce your blind prejudice toward gays.

Someday you will remember this conversation and you will be ashamed of your part in it.

Josh

Old July 23rd, 2004, 01:55 PM   #129
Lost_and_fallen
Member++

Lost_and_fallen's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWizard
You make me understand why people burn churches. They are evil breeding grounds for people who have small brains, I blame religion for this mess. Damn them all to hell.
heh, sorry if I shouldn't be laughing but the damn them all to hell bit was a bit ironic seeing as it was invented as part of christianity and you're talking about burning down churches.
Made me laugh....
Old July 23rd, 2004, 02:23 PM   #130
TheWizard
Retired Administrator

I was upset sorry.

Josh

Old July 24th, 2004, 11:33 AM   #131
Anonymous
Unregistered

Josh you need to be a little more carefull about how opined minded you are. remember we are not on Gov, and you told us to watch other peoples fellings. Somepeople can close this site down for a commit like that. I know i could i have that power. but i wont.

Old July 24th, 2004, 02:41 PM   #132
TheWizard
Retired Administrator

I just wished people could be nice to others.

Josh

Old July 25th, 2004, 12:08 AM   #133
Dfsg
Awesome Poster

Josh, i still dare you to prove that I am prejudiced. Read the definition again, and show me how I am prejudiced.

Old August 7th, 2004, 02:01 AM   #134
maximan
Member++

maximan's Forum Picture

i think the goverment limiting gay marraige is just cruel. Gay's Lesbian's are very very nice people...they're not vile or anything (i have some g/L friends, and they're awesome). As for the "but marraige is an institution between a man and woman as said by the bible!" argument...this is why our forefathers said religion should be kept seperate from government. decisions in government should have NOTHING to do with what religious beliefs the person has. therefore, there is NOTHING at all wrong with gay marraige. AMEN!
Old August 7th, 2004, 10:09 AM   #135
teenboy9

I had stopped coming to this post because useful debate was turning into mindless fighting. But I had to point this out, at a point did anyone else notice Dfsg saying that if you want equal rights you should move to Cuba?!!?!! I thought that was funny.
But on a serious note, this a hard debate to get moving anywhere. Some people can only see that if gays get married, then that will destroy their belief system, they want to feel that what they believe is true, and that secure feeling that they are morally right has been kept for many years with the spread of christianity. With everyone around them agreeing with them, they do not feel lost, what a great feeling that must be. But if someone is going another way, the lives built on faith may no longer seem so secure. We also have people who see religious people as hate filled, morally high bigots, slowly destroying our world with horrible bloody wars fighting for non existent creatures. But these view points are not true, religious people can be good people, they can also be right, but so can atheists, and people of other beliefs. This all comes down to what you view, but in a free country there should be HEALTHY debate, and room for us all. Gays should be allowed to comes together with all the same rights as a heterosexual couple, Christians, can keep their churches to themselves, and other groups have the same right to discriminate Christians from their ceremonies if they wish. Its called a free country for a reason, and I prey to God your wrong Dfsg because if Cuba has a freer society then us, then America has no hope.
Old August 7th, 2004, 11:21 AM   #136
TheWizard
Retired Administrator

^^Yeah^^

Josh

Old August 11th, 2004, 05:13 PM   #137
kodykaras_20

i agree

i am a guy and i am 13
Old August 14th, 2004, 03:35 AM   #138
Liquidkid

MY moms a lesbian, i love her, but i still think its fcuking wrong that they be allowed to pursue marriage, it gets other people caught in the crossfire, and if you love each other, why do you need mariage
Old August 14th, 2004, 12:41 PM   #139
teenboy9

What do you mean "people get caught in the crossfire." Do you mean, YOU have gotten caught in the crossfire?
Old August 14th, 2004, 01:38 PM   #140
Liquidkid

yeah cus its going to be such ****ing joy the day my i get an invitation to my moms wedding~ i don't care how they live but dont go getting the rest of the world involved, leave well enuff alone
Closed Thread