Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old October 16th, 2020, 10:59 AM   #1
cocorayo

cocorayo's Forum Picture

Default I think my roommate got the virus

So I live in a shared appartment for students with 3. One of them is on vacation while the other works as an instructors and I barely see him except early in the morning or night.
He is not friendly at all and when he is here, he is annoying but that's another topic.
The thing is yesterday night I heard him coughing a lot, so much that I had to put earplugs because I couldn't sleep. Now thinking about it he can have the virus since he has been coughing for the last 2 days but yesterday got worse.
And an hour ago I hear that there was an infected student in the school he instructs.
I know I should tell him about my concerns and communication is key but we almost can't see each other, it is like he hates me and also the house which he calls the shithole.
I only heard him for like 2 minutes before he left so it's also really hard to catch him and when it happens he just ignores me even when I say hi or give me a short response.

Me personally I'm good but I don't want to compromise the safety of the people around me that I go to school with.

"Don't ask me, ask the Ministry"
cocorayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2020, 11:01 AM   #2
Natacha
Prankster Metalhead

Natacha's Forum Picture

Name: Natacha
Default Re: I think my roommate got the virus

That's very inconvenient. The school must have thought about a policy for this kind of problem

"Comedy is like sex. If they haven't made a noise in a while, change what you're doing."

- Sara Pascoe
Natacha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2020, 11:19 AM   #3
cocorayo

cocorayo's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natacha View Post
That's very inconvenient. The school must have thought about a policy for this kind of problem
Yeah but also about personal decisions. I know if he had the virus he would still go to work, he is that jerk.

Old October 16th, 2020, 11:23 AM   #4
Natacha
Prankster Metalhead

Natacha's Forum Picture

Name: Natacha

Yeah that's a jerk move. If you push him down the stairway he will be going to the hospital, where he belongs

Probably wont work in real life. So much paper work afterwards

"Comedy is like sex. If they haven't made a noise in a while, change what you're doing."

- Sara Pascoe

Last edited by Natacha; October 16th, 2020 at 12:49 PM.
Natacha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2020, 11:25 AM   #5
Anneki
Member++

Name: Anne

Yes but he could bring other peoples life at risk... does he work for the money or just to seem tough?
He should get a test and isolate himself. What if you start getting sick in a week or two. You should get a test soon too.
Anneki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2020, 02:04 PM   #6
ska8er
Legendary Member

ska8er's Forum Picture

Name: Andy

If there is a dispensary or nurse in your school
I would visit it and tell them of your concern and
ask if you can get tested. Your roomie might just
have an allergy and that is y he is coughing but I
would do or say something if u r not sure.
ska8er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2020, 03:55 PM   #7
cocorayo

cocorayo's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natacha View Post
Yeah that's a jerk move. If you push him down the stairway he will be going to the hospital, where he belongs

Probably wont work in real life. So much paper work afterwards
Only in dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anneki View Post
Yes but he could bring other peoples life at risk... does he work for the money or just to seem tough?
He should get a test and isolate himself. What if you start getting sick in a week or two. You should get a test soon too.
Yeah but I think he should be the one doing a test. But I'm not nearly closed to him to even talk with him, but I guess I gotta tell him

Quote:
Originally Posted by ska8er View Post
If there is a dispensary or nurse in your school
I would visit it and tell them of your concern and
ask if you can get tested. Your roomie might just
have an allergy and that is y he is coughing but I
would do or say something if u r not sure.
Yeah I was thinking about that but it's not really common to have allergies in October.

Old October 16th, 2020, 04:34 PM   #8
ska8er
Legendary Member

ska8er's Forum Picture

Name: Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocorayo View Post
Only in dreams...

Yeah but I think he should be the one doing a test. But I'm not nearly closed to him to even talk with him, but I guess I gotta tell him

Yeah I was thinking about that but it's not really common to have allergies in October.
Its possible to have allergies all year round especially
if you are in a warmer climate. There are many places
that administer free tests. If he comes down with a fever
that is the first sign of the virus. I would get tested. Many
college students here are infected cause they party in large
groups without masks.
ska8er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2020, 05:27 PM   #9
BlackParadePixie
hello beautiful

BlackParadePixie's Forum Picture

Name: Fiona

Quote:
So I live in a shared appartment for students with 3. One of them is on vacation while the other works as an instructors and I barely see him except early in the morning or night.
He is not friendly at all and when he is here, he is annoying but that's another topic.
The thing is yesterday night I heard him coughing a lot, so much that I had to put earplugs because I couldn't sleep. Now thinking about it he can have the virus since he has been coughing for the last 2 days but yesterday got worse.
And an hour ago I hear that there was an infected student in the school he instructs.
I know I should tell him about my concerns and communication is key but we almost can't see each other, it is like he hates me and also the house which he calls the shithole.
I only heard him for like 2 minutes before he left so it's also really hard to catch him and when it happens he just ignores me even when I say hi or give me a short response.

Me personally I'm good but I don't want to compromise the safety of the people around me that I go to school with.
It's really not your business to try and interact with him personally about his health. If he thinks he is sick enough, he should be going to see a doctor. If you are really that concerned...call your school's health department and let them know what is going on.

20 *** f *** Wes Anderson fan *** proud Italian-American *** UCLA student

But for now we are young
Let us lay in the sun
and count every beautiful thing we can see

BlackParadePixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2020, 06:38 PM   #10
Bluebyrd

Bluebyrd's Forum Picture

Name: Jake

Quote:
How so? Does he just not speak much or is he actively annoying?

H&A Mod
FKA The Byrd
Bluebyrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2020, 06:48 PM   #11
Second Chance
Awesome Poster

Quote:

What you need to do is get tested right away. Whether it is at the health service at your school or any place else that your insurance will cover, then you need to get tested as soon as possible.

While your roommate is around in the house, then you definitely should wear a mask around him since the chances of his being infected is high.

If you turn out to be infected, then you should find out where you should quarantine and make arrangements with your school and work (if you do work). You should stock up on food for fourteen days or have a way to purchase online groceries.

This could be a dumb question, but can you find another place to live, or are you stuck where you are?
Second Chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2020, 05:52 AM   #12
Maarten-S.2K7

Name: Maarten

Quote:

If he doesn't want to listen to you, go tell to the director of the school
This is serious, he may put your life in danger, some body must do something about it, at least make him do a test to be sure he doesn't have the covid
Maarten-S.2K7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2020, 10:57 AM   #13
Alexnbin

Alexnbin's Forum Picture

Name: Alex

I hope you’re all safe!!!!
Alexnbin is offline   Reply With Quote