Virtual Teen Forums
 

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

View Poll Results: Do you believe in God
yes 24 52.17%
no 22 47.83%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 24th, 2004, 07:09 PM   #21
somedudeyoudontknow
Member
 
somedudeyoudontknow's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: May 13, 2004
Location: Northern Cali in the US of A
Default Goodness Gracious, you people are way behind

It surprises me how little you people know of spirtuality. First of all, the reason there is suffering on earth is because the creator gave humans free will. Why did the creator do this? He/she did this becuz she wanted a life form that did not operate solely on instinct. Thus, humans were given free will and intellect. Also, the reason the creator wanted a smart life form was that someone or something would appreciate His/ Her work. He/she wanted to share what he/she had worked so hard on to produce. Now, it is illogical to deny that there is a creator. Science takes us as far back as the Big Bang. Now tell me. What was there to make that molten ball explode? Nothing else you say, will that does not make any sense now does it? Wait, where did the hot sphere come from? You don't know? Well, that doesn't make any sense. I say something was there all along that made this ball and then decided to make it explode. Furthermore, on a philosophical level, one must consider that there is such intelligent order within our universe. Planets revolve in elliptical orbits around central stars. Electrons, protons, and neutrons form atoms. Atoms form molecules. Molecules shape together tof form substances. Molecules can make organelles. Organelles make cells. Cells make tissue. Tissue makes organs, then organ sytems, multi-cellular organisms, population, ecosystems, then the biospehere which is basically the earth. Now conider this. Saying the earth is random is like saying the a lightning bolt struck metal in a junkyard and created and i Mac. It is simply ridiculous. Our universe is simple too comples to be unplanned. Something knew what they were doing. Some of us just happen to call that God. Now, there's the issue of the Bible, which I would like to say does not truly come from God's mouth, but from a bunch of old guys who had nothing better to do than sit around and write stuff. All of the people whose writings are found in the bible are what I would call poets. It is poetry because it can be interpreted on so many different levels. I would say the writings of the Bible are no law, but more of weak guidelines that were designed for the time in shich they were written. Don't be moronic and tell me that the Bible says it's OK to sell your daughter into slavery. Now, we know better, bu the people of the time of the Bible still could not undertsand that. People, there is no need to take things in the Bible literally, yet there is no need to be hatin' on the people who do. Come on, wake up! Jesus Christ is a symbol of ultimate love. Ultimate love people. Why did he choose to die? WHY? WHY? He did it so that we might be enlightened and see that life is not only material possessions but much much more. Hey, there's other people on this planet with me. Maybe we should help each other out? DUH DUH DUH DUH DUH! It is right there in front of you. If Jesus, existed or nott, that's a question you ppl should answer! I don't really wanna gett too off topic. Now, hell. Waht should I say about hell? Hell is something that scares morally immature people into being good so that they can have a good place in the afterlife. Hell is a load of bullshit. Now, Satan i believe in because the universe is balnced and there can be no good w/o evil, but I do not belive they are evenly atched. God has more power over Satan cuz God made the whole universe in the first place. Satan is just trying to overthorw God. I think of Goad as a fatherly/motherly figuyr because of all the good he's given us. Children are born, butwe choose to throw them in trash cans cuz we weren't ready fr the responsibility. We were given a beaytiful planet with creatures aplenty, but we choose to kill hundreds of species eeryday. Even though God knew we'd mess up his utopia, he wanted to share with a smarter creature. He made us. Now, since he made everything there is no reason to believe that he forgive us as well. Now, just don't think He will be stepped on. You are forgiven iof there's incentive and u sow that ur being a better person. That's how this sytem works. And, where do we go if we dont get into heavemn? Simple, purgatory/heaven. Here u gotta wait 4 the ppl u've hurt 2 forgive you. Becuz they're human they will forgive you at some ponit. So no1 needs to go to Hell. There I think I've got everything I wanted to say off my chest. So go ahead. scrutinize me, I'll forgive u in the end.

\"You don\'t really know a person until you don\'t know what to think of them.\"-Chris A.K.A. ME
somedudeyoudontknow is offline  
Old May 25th, 2004, 02:50 AM   #22
TheWizard
Retired Administrator
 
TheWizard's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: March 19, 2004
Location: Hogwarts School
Default

paragraphs are a wonderful invention

Josh

TheWizard is offline  
Old May 25th, 2004, 07:00 PM   #23
Dfsg
Awesome Poster
 
Join Date: May 2, 2004
Location: New Jersey!
Default

Indeed That is one tough read without paragraphs organizing your thoughts!

As always- None of my statements are evaluated by the FDA.

My advice is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any diseases unless prescribed by a health practitioner. All information is provided for educational purposes only and should not replace the advice of your medical doctor.

(but your medical doctor will probably end up killing you )
Dfsg is offline  
Old May 26th, 2004, 06:36 PM   #24
Happynoodleboio
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 23, 2004
Default

Imm a Jewish boy
Happynoodleboio is offline  
Old May 26th, 2004, 07:59 PM   #25
*-tick tock-*
Awesome Poster
 
Join Date: April 8, 2004
Default

i beleive in god,yes.
i remember a story like..
adam and eve were created on earth in this paradise place god wanted to test their beleifs or something.. and so he tells them to not eat off the "forbidden tree"... well some serpent thingy persuaded one of them to eat off the tree... and so they did.. then they got kicked out of the "garded of eden" and thats how this mayhem was all created....
im braid dead atm i dont remember the whole story behind this
*-tick tock-* is offline  
Old May 28th, 2004, 01:12 PM   #26
Runner
Junior Member+
 
Join Date: April 14, 2004
Location: Far from reality....
Default

I believe in God...not only because I was raised Catholic and went to a parochial school but because of something someone once said to me that made sense. No matter what you believe in whether it is God, or any other god, it is important to believe in a higher power. If you have no belief that there is a higher power than you, you are essentially claiming to be all powerful. Make sense? Made sense to me!
Runner is offline  
Old June 12th, 2004, 01:31 PM   #27
Anonymous
Unregistered
 
Default

Yes i belive in god i am a conservative Christian
 
Old June 12th, 2004, 03:19 PM   #28
SocKs
Awesome Poster
 
Join Date: March 29, 2004
Default

Yes, if it wasnt for God, Hitler wouldent have shot himself.
SocKs is offline  
Old June 16th, 2004, 06:33 PM   #29
Anonymous
Unregistered
 
Default

I think if it wasn't for the Lord we wouldn't be here today.
 
Old June 18th, 2004, 07:05 AM   #30
Frªñk
Member+
 
Frªñk's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: June 3, 2004
Location: floating
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWizard
I don't believe in anything. To me when you die you become magget food.
same.

\"I couldn\'t wait \'til I got home
To pass the time in my room alone\"
Frªñk is offline  
Old June 18th, 2004, 03:34 PM   #31
Runner
Junior Member+
 
Join Date: April 14, 2004
Location: Far from reality....
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cebmont Elenoure
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner
I believe in God...not only because I was raised Catholic and went to a parochial school but because of something someone once said to me that made sense. No matter what you believe in whether it is God, or any other god, it is important to believe in a higher power. If you have no belief that there is a higher power than you, you are essentially claiming to be all powerful. Make sense? Made sense to me!
What is so wrong with being all powerful. Some men can do anything.
Like who?

SHE ONCE BELIEVED..IN EVERY STORY HE HAD TO TELL...
ONE DAY SHE STIFFENED - TOOK THE OTHER SIDE..
EMPTY STARES - FROM EACH CORNER OF A SHARED PRISON CELL - ..
ONE JUST ESCAPES...ONE IS LEFT INSIDE THE WELL....
Runner is offline  
Old June 18th, 2004, 08:32 PM   #32
Anonymous
Unregistered
 
Default

All women can do any thing if they put their mind to it same as men.
 
Old June 19th, 2004, 09:57 AM   #33
roxy4sixty9
Member++
 
Join Date: May 10, 2004
Location: somewhere on some street in some house in Missouri USA
Default

i think there is a god or whatever but i dont follow him or it or whatever no religion for me

Alone in my world of pain....help me find a way out~~~~Jesse
roxy4sixty9 is offline  
Old June 19th, 2004, 11:43 AM   #34
Waiting
VT Lover
 
Waiting's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: April 27, 2004
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiro Takeshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWizard
I don't believe in anything. To me when you die you become magget food.
same.
and me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplemagne
18. Come back when you stop failing.
Waiting is offline  
Old June 19th, 2004, 12:04 PM   #35
roxy4sixty9
Member++
 
Join Date: May 10, 2004
Location: somewhere on some street in some house in Missouri USA
Default

and i also think that you die become magget food but i think you are like umm i think the word is rencarssentated within another body you know like you have a past life although you dont remember it

Alone in my world of pain....help me find a way out~~~~Jesse
roxy4sixty9 is offline  
Old June 19th, 2004, 01:34 PM   #36
Waiting
VT Lover
 
Waiting's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: April 27, 2004
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Default

do u mean - rencarnated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplemagne
18. Come back when you stop failing.
Waiting is offline  
Old June 19th, 2004, 07:51 PM   #37
roxy4sixty9
Member++
 
Join Date: May 10, 2004
Location: somewhere on some street in some house in Missouri USA
Default

yeah that word thanks patch

Alone in my world of pain....help me find a way out~~~~Jesse
roxy4sixty9 is offline  
Old June 21st, 2004, 04:59 PM   #38
grass
Member+
 
Join Date: May 17, 2004
Gender: Male
Default

i believe wen u die u fade in2 a constant dream like state
grass is offline  
Old June 25th, 2004, 12:06 AM   #39
trixR4kidz
Nice Poster
 
trixR4kidz's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: June 24, 2004
Location: My butt is stuck to my pink swivel chair
Default

Im a christian and i dont think u all relize believing in God is different from a religion. Sure u can believe their is a God but what about Jesus dying on the cross. That is what seperates religions. So yes, I believe in God but I also believe in Jesus dying on the cross to save our sins. To accept that is the only way of going to heaven and avoid going to hell. There is no inbetween a.i- being maggot food. The sad thing is, no one knows untill they die of the Lord comes to Earth. You can't die then tell your friends who are still alive or anything. Its all about believing.

Halleighulia, Amen, Have mercy, The end.

(that last part was a joke incase u didnt get that)

Visit my mind: Play-doh and Pogo Sticks

You wanna know more, more, more about me
Gotta know reverse phsychology
I\'m the reason why you can\'t get to sleep
I\'m the girl you never get just quite what you see
trixR4kidz is offline  
Old June 25th, 2004, 03:56 PM   #40
Daemoniis
New Member
 
Join Date: June 23, 2004
Location: Suburban Chicago
Default

Dfsg,

Quote:
So, other people have said that there are too many holes in the Bible. This is completely not true. Look at the some 300 prophesies about Jesus's birth, life, and resurection. Every single one of them came true. 33 prophesies were made based on his birth, and for each one of them to come true, it was a 1:1,000,000,000,000,000 (one quadrillion) possibility.
Really? Name me one fulfilled prophecy about Jesus.
Daemoniis is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright©2000 - 2021
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2004 - 2020, VirtualTeen.org