Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Closed Thread

Old November 23rd, 2004, 11:36 AM   #41
coryjordanlover

coryjordanlover's Forum Picture

Yeah that's usually how I write my books...
Old December 29th, 2004, 01:24 PM   #42
Anonymous
Unregistered

Three years ago, when my twin just died, I remember the first couple of months without her. I kept hearing her voice, and I kept seeing these little circles of light at the corner of me eyes that would dissapear when I looked directly at them. I heard footsteps too. They'd stop directly infront of my door, as if they were waiting for me in the hallway. Once, I saw an outline of a little girl standing infront of me as I slept.

After a while I begged my twin to visit me another way, and then I began to dream wonderful things, horrible, but beautiful at the same time. Whenever I look into the mirror, I see something else, something bigger than me and my twin staring back at me. I feel as if it's the whole world looking back at me through the black centers of my eyes. I'm even afraid of my shadow. I think it's my twin's. Does anyone know what this is?

Old December 29th, 2004, 05:15 PM   #43
Shaolin
Awesome Poster

It's not uncommon for people to hallucinate while grieving the death of a loved one.

If you are still hearing things that are not there, or seeing things that are not there, you clearly need some form of psychatric help, as those are hallmark symptoms of a psychotic disorder, eg schizophrenia.

If anyone wants immediate advice don\'t hestitate to contact to me on AIM (AOL instant messenger) - aim: vodkasmodka

Eccentric! Not egocentric!
Old December 29th, 2004, 09:52 PM   #44
Anonymous
Unregistered

Most of the symptoms stopped after I told Alannah to visit me in some other way (I've been dreaming of her ever since). Sometimes I still "feel" someone standing at my door, watching me, even if it was for the sake of watching. I wouldn't see anything, I wouldn't hear anything anymore, I'd just feel something there. Ever since Alannah died I've been able to "feel" things that weren't really there. I hear her talking to me inside my head. Sometimes I don't know if the voice inside my head is mine or her own.

Old December 30th, 2004, 04:56 AM   #45
Shaolin
Awesome Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_hope_house
Most of the symptoms stopped after I told Alannah to visit me in some other way (I've been dreaming of her ever since). Sometimes I still "feel" someone standing at my door, watching me, even if it was for the sake of watching. I wouldn't see anything, I wouldn't hear anything anymore, I'd just feel something there. Ever since Alannah died I've been able to "feel" things that weren't really there. I hear her talking to me inside my head. Sometimes I don't know if the voice inside my head is mine or her own.
You might feel alot better if you start living your life, rather than living Allanah's. I don't know much about her, but if anything there is no way for you to 'bring her back' in this world, or contact her. Continuesly trying to contact her, is risking your own sanity. Grief is completly normal, everything your experiancing is not surprising seeing as you've lost your twin, but sometime your gonna have to start living your life.

Sorry if i was too blunt.

If anyone wants immediate advice don\'t hestitate to contact to me on AIM (AOL instant messenger) - aim: vodkasmodka

Old December 30th, 2004, 10:24 AM   #46
Anonymous
Unregistered

The thing is, I feel perfectly okay now. I DO feel as if I'm living my own life, but I feel that Alannah is always there with me. So now and then when I think about her, I feel her talking to me.

Old January 1st, 2005, 06:35 PM   #47
TheWizard
Retired Administrator

TheWizard's Forum Picture

I'm glad you are feeling better.

Josh

Old January 2nd, 2005, 02:17 PM   #48
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for everything, you guys are more supportive than some of my closest friends. Sometimes I feel sad I guess... but I'm ok now

Old January 2nd, 2005, 02:48 PM   #49
TheWizard
Retired Administrator

cool

Josh

Old January 21st, 2005, 12:14 AM   #50
Chrono
Great Poster

Chrono's Forum Picture

Sometimes I'll wake up crying and knowing I had a horrible dream but i can't remember what it was and other times I'll have strange dreams and I'll have one where I can see but I can't move. Its like my eyes are open but I can't move them or anything else, just stare straight up, and there is a guy standing over me to the side but I can't look at him and it scares me so bad but there is nothing I can do. One time I had it and the guy was moving his hands towards me and I was furiously thinking to myself MOVE, MOVE MOVE! and I made myself wake up. I woke up and no one was there but I always remember those things so vividly. I'll always see black things at the corner of my eye, moving but when I look they aren't there. Also, sometimes when I'm alone at the house. I can hear my mom in the distance screaming for me, and screaming for help. At first it scared the living fuck out of me, but then I knew it wasn't real. It doesn't happen that frequently. Only when I'm alone, about every month or two it'll happen.
Old January 21st, 2005, 05:23 AM   #51
RunAwayMolly
Great Poster

RunAwayMolly's Forum Picture

lately ive been hearing things that sound like girls gossiping all around me... its weird and it always pops in when everything is quiet and im alone...

To win the respect of intelegent people and the affection of children, to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others, to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch... to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is too have SUCCEEDED! - Emerson

<3 Molly Olly Oxen Free!
Old January 26th, 2005, 06:46 PM   #52
TheWizard
Retired Administrator

You sound like you need to get checked up. I hope you are ok.

Josh

Old April 7th, 2005, 03:33 PM   #53
Shaolin
Awesome Poster

Heres a little tip to understand if someone is hearing voices -

If you say "Im hearing voices doctor, i think im going schizophrenic" You are almost certainly, not schizophrenic.

If you say "Im hearing X talking about me, and its really annoying me and has made me depressed"

Usually a person who is hearing voices, does not know they are hallucinations at the time, but may suspect later on. This is where delusions come in, IF your hearing voices, and your sure its real (this is automatic, your almost sure its real when you hear them) then you will try and put up a reason for it happening.

When the content of the voices is stuff that is bizarree, this is where bizarre delusions come into it (fears of aliens etc) and they are SURE they are tlaking to aliens, or the devil or whatever it is the mind has jumped to.

So to conclude, if you think you are 'hearing voices' and haven't been told by others that you are talking to yourself, or seem to be hallucinating, then you probably aren't suffering from psychosis.

Even by me telling you, that they aren't real. You won't believe it, until you are stablised on meds and can start living your life again.

Old May 8th, 2005, 07:29 PM   #54
InneedofaJob97

InneedofaJob97's Forum Picture

jeez when i was little lying in bed i was hearing these voices all the time and i could never get to sleep and it was these crazy voices that wouldnt go away, i was prolly a low lvl schizo

If everyone wanted to be a fireman,astronaut, or policeman, who would make the sandwhiches?
Old May 9th, 2005, 05:21 AM   #55
TheWizard
Retired Administrator

Welcome to the schizo club InneedofaJob97.

Josh

Old May 11th, 2005, 06:11 AM   #56
TheWizard
Retired Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin
Hey im back, was away for a day or so.

Anyway - Wouldn't you be able to tell if you wear hearing something that wasnt there by simply cupping your hands over your ears?
When it happens I don't know its not real. Its so real that I couldn't tell its if its not real or not. Its not in my head because I often see people talking to me with the voices.

I have this friend from programs thats always taking to me. It makes me look like I'm talking to my self but its so hard to ignore it. Mostly someoine needs to tell me its not real cause I can't tell for myself.

My doctor increased my seroguel to 1200mg a day. It helps a lot .

Josh

Old May 11th, 2005, 04:36 PM   #57
Shaolin
Awesome Poster

It must be really confusing for you. Do you get any bad side effects from the drugs and have you ever tried any other treatments?

Old May 26th, 2005, 04:53 AM   #58
TheWizard
Retired Administrator

I'm sort of a somy with my meds. Can't operate macinery (including cars) stuff like that.

Its not so bad. I could be a lot worse.

Its a gift in someways. My universie is much bigger than regular people. And I think it helps with my art stuff.

Josh

Old August 3rd, 2005, 11:54 PM   #59
BeautyFromPain
Member++

BeautyFromPain's Forum Picture

Default Re: Hereing voices

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWizard
I keep hereing voices. Its like screams in my sole. I know they aren't real but its driving me crazy.
josh! i feel the EXACT same way at times!! i have a psycholigist (did i spell that right?) but he says theres nothing wrong with me..

Yo, I be Keisha xD

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i2...untitled-1.jpg

"The only one chance you have to give this world is ... the promise of BeautyFromPain."
Old August 4th, 2005, 03:29 AM   #60
TheWizard
Retired Administrator

Maybe you get a new doctor. Their not all the same.

Josh

Closed Thread