Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Closed Thread

Old June 27th, 2004, 11:23 AM   #101
teenboy9

He is not telling that it doesn't. He is just pointing out a part which is directly from Jesus, who is saying something different.
Old June 27th, 2004, 11:26 AM   #102
teenboy9

Hey za20101, I am not calling you out for a battle here, I just want to know what facts you get your ideas from. They just seem so random and out of the blue like me saying "all jewish people are going to eat all the pies in the world, and we must stop them!" I dont understand where your coming from?
Old June 28th, 2004, 10:45 AM   #103
kingofpythias

I am sorry it has been so long, I found out this morning, my boyfriend, Curtis James Harlan, 14, known him since he was born, (im 4 months older than him and we were neighbors), Died at 10:18 central time in surgery after a car accident. They thought he was going to be fine after his first surgery. They didn't get all of his infection out. 2 weeks ago he was in a car accident. A Klan member smashed straight into him and died but Curtis was strong. He was sent into surgery and let out 3 days later. After that he was going to need physical therapy. The doctors noticed some infection building and it needed removed. He died in surgery. I have a picture of him if anyone wants to see it. What I want is Prayers, not Tears. I purchased his funeral and will be attending it Tuesday. I also payed off his medical bills. And always remember, pray, don't cry.
Old June 28th, 2004, 04:55 PM   #104
Daemoniis

Dfsg,

Quote:
There are more references, so don't tell me that the Bible doesn't say Jesus is above Jewish Law.
I'm afraid you misunderstood the core of my argument. I am not claiming that Jesus is below (or above for that matter) the Law. I am simply pointing out that Jesus told his followers to keep the Law.
Old June 30th, 2004, 08:29 AM   #105
Dfsg
Awesome Poster

I said that, and redefined how Jesus reinterprited the law, so it is followed in a new way, through him, and through self-sacrifice on our own ends.

Yet, how did a Gay Marriage argument become this argument?

What are your thoughts on Gay Marriage?

As always- None of my statements are evaluated by the FDA.

My advice is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any diseases unless prescribed by a health practitioner. All information is provided for educational purposes only and should not replace the advice of your medical doctor.

(but your medical doctor will probably end up killing you )
Old June 30th, 2004, 04:11 PM   #106
teenboy9

I am so sorry for your loss. We all get into debates and forget how people are actually the subject of this. How people placed on an extreme side of aurguments, more like partly insane, take out their beliefs on people who do on agree with them. This is a sad, and extreme event that shows us we need to be more open with our beliefs.
Old July 1st, 2004, 04:00 PM   #107
Golobulus
Member+

I think gay marraige should be legal. HOWEVER, any religion should be permitted to ignore the government legalizing it if they should choose to. Because Christianity believes in homosexuality as a sin, so they should not be forced by the government to perform said marraiges. After all, church and state ARE separate

\"The last thing you will hear is the cracking of your vertebrae.......one.. BY ONE!!!!!!\"

\" Autobots.. Prepare to feel the sting of SCORPONOK!\"- Lord Zarak

Journey to Cobra-La
Old July 1st, 2004, 06:57 PM   #108
SaTaN_iz_GoD

wow many post on here since i started this topic on may 26 or whatever.

Journey into the mind of a psychopath killer
Blood spiller
Mentality much iller
Than you could ever imagine
In your wildest dreams
You feel his pain in his vilent screams
Old July 2nd, 2004, 10:26 PM   #109
teenboy9

Gay Civil Unions should be legal, if its a legal union, outside any system other then the goverment it self it should be allowed. The Church is seperate from the state. The state is not the church and is not in place to hold up the morals of a particular group. Private groups have the right to do what they want, I agree. But its the goverments job to hold up and protect the civil rights of ALL its citizens.
Old July 3rd, 2004, 04:15 AM   #110
fearus

i think that being gay is not natural. i have nothing against gays, most of the ones i know are really nice. however, there is no ignoring the facts. the body of a mail has a digit between the legs. the female body has a hole. the two fit together like puzzle pieces. the other hole on the womens and mans body, the sphyncter, produces fecies. the penis, of course, produces spirm, and the womans body produces eggs. the two mix magicly and produce life. if thats not natural, i don't know what is.

during 'striaght' intercorse, both the male and female parts, if operating functionaly,produce lub to allow the penis to penetrate easier. there are so many ways that the male and female parts fit together, that it is uncanny. now lets look at a couple of forms of gay intercorse. one is like pushing two square pegs together. it is just not natural and they don't fit. another is, more simmilar to the m/f way, however, the buttux produces no said lubs and is mad for exit only.

thirdly, all the gays that i have ever met had some sort of tramma growing up. i suspect that that is what caused them to become gay. i even know several who have admitted so. so that is unnatural.

now, i know that i have just pissed off a lot of people, however, am not a homofobe. believe it or not. i do not believe it is natural, but i except them. i donot believe we should stone them to death as the bible says, and i do not think that they should be completely shunned from society, i just wish that they would keep to themselves a little better. therefore, i say nay to gay mirrage. it is a sacred thing.

and to wiz. sin is based on morals. so is there no ultimate consequence for not having morals? are you tossing out morals?

the left side of my head isn\'t bigger, the right sides smaller.
Old July 3rd, 2004, 12:29 PM   #111
teenboy9

fearus, I am not angry and respect what you said, but hear me out on a few pieces of information.

Yes you could say homosexual sex is unnatural because the penis is not meant to go in the butt. The penis is meant to go in the vagina. Some alien could ask why? What is the point of this natural ritual? And they would be told that in heterosexual sex the penis is put in the vagina and releases sperm to fertilize the egg. Why? The alien might ask? Well because sex is meant to produce children.
You are right, nature (god, etc...) clearly made men and women in a certain way to do a certain act, but if you are using condoms, or anything designed to prevent pregnancy then that’s unnatural. What is natural is using your body parts as nature wanted you to, and there would be some form of natural condom if nature designed the human body for sex without pregnancy. Also oral sex is just as unnatural as homosexual sex. Yet people use condoms, and lots of people who believe they are having sex like nature wanted, also take part in oral sex. The Catholic Church, in the past did not marry heterosexual couples that could not produce children for the same root reason why the Catholic Church does not marry homosexual couples. The Catholic Church said God intended marriage to produce more people, and one that cannot is a sin. Yet today they do marry couples that cannot produce children.

How many homosexuals do you know? When you use the term "the gays" you make it sound like it’s an alien race that you have met only a few times. I have 12 close friends, three of them are gay. One of them grew up in a regular rich family; his parents are even a closer couple then my parents. The second is this girl who is one of the sweetest girls in my school, her parents got a divorce a few years ago, but it was not a rocky divorce, it was an agreed upon decision. Was a little sad but not that bad, both parents were very supportive. The last is Jason, we have been friends since Pre School and have done lots of the same stuff, sports, classes, same friends, and we live a few blocks apart. He had a regular childhood, and he is gay, but I am not. If he could "catch it" I would have too.
In the 50's programs came out to try and help homosexuals become hetero again, because it’s unnatural and if it is unnatural then we can fix it. These programs continued into the 70's when a research group looked over the data on people put through the program. They found out, looking at everything from the few decades, and from all the private programs the success rate was put at a percentage of 0.0% to 0.1%. This is one of the reasons why most of the medical world today does not look at homosexuality as a mental disability. As I have said earlier, their are 63 so far identified animals that naturally have a homosexual portion of their population. (Including, dogs, cats, gorillas, and dragonflies) In many of these animals, these populations benefit the continuation of their species. This is because with no children of their own they help guard, and raise fellow animals in their pack.
Old July 3rd, 2004, 11:12 PM   #112
fearus

well, first of all, i too respect what you say. however...

Quote:
The Catholic Church, in the past did not marry heterosexual couples that could not produce children for the same root reason why the Catholic Church does not marry homosexual couples.
this is not entirely true. that was one of the most contraversial things to have been said/done in the catholic church.

Quote:
How many homosexuals do you know? When you use the term "the gays" you make it sound like it’s an alien race that you have met only a few times.
terribly sorry to any homosexuals, i meant absolutely nothing by it. i will try to remember that it may be offensive. and countless numbers.

Quote:
One of them grew up in a regular rich family; his parents are even a closer couple then my parents.
was he neglected because they were so tight? was he perhaps, smothered?

Quote:
The second is this girl who is one of the sweetest girls in my school, her parents got a divorce a few years ago, but it was not a rocky divorce, it was an agreed upon decision
no matter what was agreed apon, it was still a divorce. divorce is quite difficult on children. even if they don't show it, or don't even know it, they may still be trammatized by such an event.

Quote:
I have said earlier, their are 63 so far identified animals that naturally have a homosexual portion of their population. (Including, dogs, cats, gorillas, and dragonflies) In many of these animals, these populations benefit the continuation of their species. This is because with no children of their own they help guard, and raise fellow animals in their pack.
i have read about this. it is of course, a much different case in humans. first off, i do not believe it is full blown homosexuality, it think it is an instinct to protect the young in animals. the homosexuals do no such thing. there is no because 'without children of their own... they protect other young...' etc.

ps: i am sorry to have offended any homosexuals, and this will remain true throughout my posts.

pps: i will be out of town for a week so if i don't post, im not ignoring you.

Old July 6th, 2004, 11:49 PM   #113
Ziferten

I find gay/lesbian couples to be alright. But when they come and try to reap the benefits of marriage off of our precious already-misused tax money, they have gone too far. It is a bond between a man and a woman, through the church. I am a liberitarian. The heck with government, stay out of marriage.

His majesty the life president and overlord of his basement,
Zif
Old July 10th, 2004, 10:45 AM   #114
teenboy9

It is interesting that the sentence before you say "[Marriage] is a bond between a man and a woman," you talk about how if gays are allowed to marry it will take the little goody bag marriage can provide. So you’re saying since gay unions could take some benefit away from people marrying, they should stop gay marriage? Many of these people who want to get married, are not trying to steal benefits away from other Americans, all they want is equal rights with any other American citizen. They do not want to change people’s religion, or force them to change their views; they just want the rights promised to them as American citizens. None of this has to take place in a church, or be connected to any religion. Many are right when they say gay civil unions are about recognition, and respect, but more importantly they are about letting Americans live a happy, free live in a country founded on the protection of Civil Liberties.
Old July 10th, 2004, 11:18 AM   #115
teenboy9

I have been away for a few days, but am back.

"This is not entirely true. That was one of the most controversial things to have been said/done in the Catholic Church."
Yes it is true because you just said it is, just because it was controversial does not mean it was not there. To me it makes perfect sense that you would not allow people who can not produce children to marry in a group that says gay marriage is wrong because the marriage does not produce anything. But gay marriage is controversial, does that mean it is not an issue and should also be supported?

So your telling me my first friends traumatic event that mentally affected her so much that it changed her sexuality was that her parents were really nice? With the rate of divorce in this country, if divorce could cause people to change sexuality, we would defiantly have a heck of a lot more homosexuals. I think if you look into anyone’s history you would see some negative events (or even) very positive events, and that has not affected their sexuality.

Well if you want to disagree with scientific evidence, then fine. But please do not try and distort what the studies found.

I realize there is no way not to offend people when you get into heated debates. Simply we have to remember that we are not trying to change each other’s views, just expressing our own.
Old July 10th, 2004, 04:58 PM   #116
Waiting
VT Lover

Waiting's Forum Picture

no1 against it has still made me understand why it shudnt be allowed? maybe im dumb, but isint it against free will?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplemagne
18. Come back when you stop failing.
Old July 14th, 2004, 03:37 PM   #117
Jono
Awesome Poster

Trying out new MOD here, merging the two threads together
Old July 17th, 2004, 10:01 AM   #118
fearus

Quote:
I think if you look into anyone’s history you would see some negative events (or even) very positive events, and that has not affected their sexuality.
not everyone is the same. everyone reacts to different events in different ways. you say it as if all humans are 'programmed' to react in the same way to every situation.

Quote:
Well if you want to disagree with scientific evidence, then fine. But please do not try and distort what the studies found.
wait just a minute, i did not distort anything. however, i obviously enterpretted it differently. animals are not like humans. it is not the same, no matter what you say. they are not homosexual in the way humans are homosexual. they are 'homosexuals' just so they can protect the younger generations. after all, that is what animals live to do. they do not think about 'what movie they want to go see this afternoon, or, what clothes they want to wear, they just think how they can repopulate the speciese. animals do not get pleasure out of sex they way we do. for most animals, it is painful. they do not do it for fun, they do it so that they can populate their speciese. gay animals do not become homosexuals because they dont like to bone the opposite sex of the speciese, they do it for the betterment of their speciese.

Quote:
Yes it is true because you just said it is, just because it was controversial does not mean it was not there. To me it makes perfect sense that you would not allow people who can not produce children to marry in a group that says gay marriage is wrong because the marriage does not produce anything. But gay marriage is controversial, does that mean it is not an issue and should also be supported?
if the lord intended them to be barren then that is how they should be. there is no possible way for that person to have children. however, most gays are capable of having children, but they just get married for enjoyment. they could produce children if they wanted.

Old July 20th, 2004, 04:06 PM   #119
teen_boi00

I think gay marriage is wrong (and hey, i might be bi, so it's not that i'm a homophobe), b/c it's something for a man and a woman. There should just a be a different ceremony performed for gays and lesbians. Anyways, i think that it's something 'sacrad' (I'm not reoligious at all), that should be for men and women, it's like sports team, there's a guys team, a girls team and the co-ed team (my great analagy, haha)
Old July 21st, 2004, 05:33 PM   #120
TheWizard
Retired Administrator

TheWizard's Forum Picture

Not leting gays marry is simply prejudice and its as evil as prejudice against blacks, indians, jews, etc. Its a long list of prejudice being corrected by the courts because the prejudice is evil and wrong.

Gays should marry (in spirit at least) just to piss off the damn homophobies.

They are not asking for special rights they are asking for equal rights. If it takes a revolution then so be it. Until this issue came up I never understood why people hated christians so much. Now I understand clearly.

Josh

Closed Thread