Closed Thread

Old January 2nd, 2005, 08:38 PM   #201
Whisper
Ancient Gmod

Whisper's Forum Picture

Name: Kodie

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximan
Marriage was around long before christianity. Christians have no right of claimings it's theirs.

Plus marriage isnt religious, its a way to declare your love for someone. So are gay people not allowed to love each other?
EXACLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

♫♪Κodie♪♫
Old January 2nd, 2005, 09:05 PM   #202
advent_child
Member+

advent_child's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackdaniels70744
i dont really give a damn who marries who, but i think psycologically a gay couple having a kid would screw up the kid sooooooo bad
How would it screw him up?

come on u know most kids discriminate against gays! they call em fags and hate on them, now think about that person having two mommies.

The term "utopia" is combined from two Greek words — "no" (ou) and "place/land" (topos), thus meaning "nowhere" or more literally, "no-place/no-land."

(...)God(...)I(...)love(...)ellipses(...)

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...revolt/SGE.jpg
Old January 2nd, 2005, 09:08 PM   #203
advent_child
Member+

Quote:
Marriage was around long before christianity. Christians have no right of claimings it's theirs.

Plus marriage isnt religious, its a way to declare your love for someone. So are gay people not allowed to love each other?

i never said gay ppl are not allowed to love eachother. all im sayin is in some parts of this country gay marriage doesnt work. (texas, mississippi, louisiana, tennessee) hell tennessee tried to pass a law banning gays for living there.

The term "utopia" is combined from two Greek words — "no" (ou) and "place/land" (topos), thus meaning "nowhere" or more literally, "no-place/no-land."

Old January 2nd, 2005, 10:39 PM   #204
maximan
Member++

maximan's Forum Picture

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
i dont really give a damn who marries who, but i think psycologically a gay couple having a kid would screw up the kid sooooooo bad
How would it screw him up?

come on u know most kids discriminate against gays! they call em fags and hate on them, now think about that person having two mommies.
Kids who were brought up by gays wouldnt be discriminatory against gays! They love their parents and their parents are gay! And no most kids dont discriminiate, racist fucktards discriminate. The only way we can inform people of what gay people are really like is to allow them more rights
Old January 2nd, 2005, 11:52 PM   #205
maximan
Member++

maximan's Forum Picture

Quote:
I'm gay and I am just like any normal kid.
My point exactly. Thanks for the help Thomas
Old January 3rd, 2005, 12:59 AM   #206
maximan
Member++

maximan's Forum Picture

Good points. Its just another decision (or fate, will we ever know?) in your life. Might as well discriminate against people because they prefer soup at resturants instead of salad.
Old January 3rd, 2005, 06:38 AM   #207
Jono
Awesome Poster

Quote:
i wouldnt want children that would be unfair to the kid.
Not really. Think about it. What if you were straight with a wife, and the child was gay, and hated the thought of a man and woman together? Is that unfair on the child?
Old January 3rd, 2005, 07:45 PM   #208
maximan
Member++

maximan's Forum Picture

Quote:
Quote:
Its just another decision (or fate, will we ever know?) in your life.
I did not choose to be gay.
Thats why I added the or fate. I don't think you are born gay, but its just a direction you can develop in.
Old January 3rd, 2005, 08:02 PM   #209
maximan
Member++

maximan's Forum Picture

I dont know...sorry, I retract my statement
Old January 9th, 2005, 12:12 AM   #210
advent_child
Member+

well no the kid wouldnt discriminate against his parents, but he would tell other kids, and they would make fun of him. thats really where the damage would be done.

Old January 9th, 2005, 01:54 PM   #211
maximan
Member++

maximan's Forum Picture

Thats because other kids are being brought up by their parents to view gay as wrong. That's not the kids problem. There's no way to prevent a kid from getting picked on at one time or another, and any parent who teaches their kids to discriminiate isnt a good one.
Old January 9th, 2005, 09:36 PM   #212
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have no problem with gay, but I do not think we need gay marraiges. Why? Well, when you are married you get discounts with taxes because they are expected to bring up a family and bring new children into the world. Last I checked, gay's cannot do that. Well, they can, but not naturally.

So, my conclusion, gay marriage would be fine, just do not give them the tax discount. I mean why do gay's really need to be considered married? Do they really need that relief? I don't know, just my opinion. I know I'm going to get flammed but whatever.

-Ekia

Old January 10th, 2005, 01:27 AM   #213
maximan
Member++

maximan's Forum Picture

The point of marriage isnt to have kids. It's to declare your love by making a commitment. And last I checked, gay people are perfectly able to do so.
Old January 10th, 2005, 05:54 PM   #214
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
The point of marriage isnt to have kids. It's to declare your love by making a commitment. And last I checked, gay people are perfectly able to do so.
I never said they didn't. So then, let's make marriage legal, but do not give them the same tax benefits because they are not expected to raise a family.

-Ekia

Old January 10th, 2005, 06:36 PM   #215
TheWizard
Retired Administrator

TheWizard's Forum Picture

They deserve the same right that other people enjoy.

Josh

Old January 10th, 2005, 08:38 PM   #216
maximan
Member++

maximan's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekia aj
Quote:
I never said they didn't. So then, let's make marriage legal, but do not give them the same tax benefits because they are not expected to raise a family.

-Ekia
Once again, people arent given those tax benefits only of they raise a family. And noones expected to raise a family unless you're catholic. So what you're saying is straight couples who have no kids should get more benefits than gay couples who dont have kids? Thats unfair
Old January 10th, 2005, 10:07 PM   #217
Anonymous
Unregistered

You make a valid point that not all straight married couples raise a family and they are not really expected to. However, gay couples cannot create a child (naturally). Hence, they should have no need for that tax cut, correct? Nor does straight couples that do not raise children, but if they chose to, they might need that tax cut. Now, I leave you with this question, if gay's want to get married in order to be considered "married," would they still feel obligated if there was no tax cut?

-Ekia

Old January 11th, 2005, 12:19 AM   #218
somedudeyoudontknow

somedudeyoudontknow's Forum Picture

Probably, but that's not the point. What if a lesbian woman has a child with a man, but the man dies and the woman would like to raise her own child with a female partner! I think she should get the tax cut. Nothing's cut and dry here. And yes lesbian women do have sex with men sometimes only to have children, so shut the fuck up about that.

\"You don\'t really know a person until you don\'t know what to think of them.\"-Chris A.K.A. ME
Old January 11th, 2005, 12:24 AM   #219
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by somedudeyoudontknow
shut the fuck up about that.
I will join a mature debate, but if you cannot control yourself and act so immature, I'm not going to bother to voice my opinion.

-Ekia

Old January 11th, 2005, 12:28 AM   #220
somedudeyoudontknow

somedudeyoudontknow's Forum Picture

A mature debate . . .OK, I'm sorry I used that language, but this is a really important subject to me. Please respond if you feel you have anything that can break the logic of my statement.

\"You don\'t really know a person until you don\'t know what to think of them.\"-Chris A.K.A. ME
Closed Thread