Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old April 5th, 2021, 07:28 AM   #1
westytheboss

westytheboss's Forum Picture

Name: Weston
Default My aunt is PSYCHO!!for real

ok so yeah my aunt (shes my moms older sister) is fucking psyco and its starting to bother me alot &my mom is really nice to everyone but my aunt is like mean and mad all the time over stupid little shit!! Its so hard to be polite to her bc i do anything and she gets really mad and yells and screams at us like even if its someone else made her mad she just yells at who evers there!! So i was in trouble bc i said I hope Uncle cal divorces you lol and my mom said your grounded and my aunt said im disrespecful and not raised right so does anybody else have a psycho reletive like this and what should i do about her
westytheboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2021, 12:44 PM   #2
MasonBA
Awesome Poster

MasonBA's Forum Picture

Name: Mason
Default Re: My aunt is PSYCHO!!for real

Since you live at home, and they are adults, you'll need to show some respect. Doesn't mean you have to be friendly, just respectful. Hopefully you can excuse yourself and go to another room when she starts talking about things you don't want to listen to. Doubt she'll be changing her personality or the way she acts

Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Oscar Wilde
MasonBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2021, 03:45 PM   #3
BJade
Awesome Poster

BJade's Forum Picture

Name: Jade

I'd apologise to your mum for what you said, show you can be an adult in the situation, and then tell your mum calmly what your aunt does and say and how it makes you feel

I had an aunt kinda like that, and now because of the way she acted shes kinda been disowned. Because she was the one being like a kid, while me, and the rest of the family were being adults in situations. I know it's not easy, but if others see how she is, and you try to avoid the bad situations, hopefully things work out

Good Friend Kinda Romantic Ready to Rock

May little chicks and flowers bring into your life the joys of spring.
BJade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2021, 10:49 PM   #4
Ben7
Member++

It can be tough living with difficult or as you put it "psycho" people; or at least presumably you live in the same house as your aunt. I've lived in many different homes before and some have had very odd or difficult people. Based on past experience, I'd say that your best bet is to be respectful, ignore your aunt, leave the room when the situation becomes untenable, and otherwise try to avoid her and get on your life as normally as you can. May not be easy, but while you live in the same house (and until you turn 18 and are able to move out) you really have no other choice. Good luck.
Ben7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2021, 04:22 AM   #5
tami666
Junior Member+

tami666's Forum Picture

Name: Tami
Location: Auckland, New Zealand in the past few month but usually I travel and move a lot.

Well i think every family has that one crazy relative. I can think of one of my relatives but maybe not as crazy as yours.
tami666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2021, 05:35 PM   #6
Uniquemind
VT Lover

Always try to consider that while she might be behaving psycho now, perhaps there’s a chapter to the story of your extended family’s life that preludes your entrance into it.

This is something you talk to your mom privately about to vent in a similar way you structured your OP here?

Example:

“ mom why is auntie so irritable and combative all the time? I know I was wrong to snap at her but I’ve been holding my tongue for a while now, I’ll accept the grounding (like that matters in Covid19 times anyway) but I need answers and less micromanaging comments from her upon my (whatever she criticizes you for that inspired you to post this).
Uniquemind is offline   Reply With Quote