I cannot wear one due to medical reasons. 0 0%
Im indifferent. I dont care. 2 4.44%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 25th, 2020, 04:13 PM   #41
Bluebyrd
VT Lover

Bluebyrd's Forum Picture

Name: Jake
Default Re: What is your stance on wearing masks?

I went to Cardiff on Thursday and got back today. Nine hours each way (including waiting time) and I had to wear a mask the whole time. I had to take it off a few times because I was feeling short of breath and I hardly had it covering my nose at all because I would have been really struggling.

H&A Mod
FKA The Byrd
Bluebyrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2020, 05:37 PM   #42
Oskarr-Padawan-2005
Awesome Poster

Name: Oscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by itmar13 View Post
I think its important to follow the government health regulations and wear masks.
I think governments dont know a damn thing about this virus.

First they said it's just a flu. Suddenly there thousands of dead.
Then they said chloroqyn works. Then they said it doesn't.
Then they said masks were not necessary. Now it becomes mandatory in several countries.

Just because governments says this is the right thing doesn't mean it is
Oskarr-Padawan-2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2020, 09:56 PM   #43
Bostonian

Name: Jack

Frankly, I'll do it for the sake of not wanting to cause a scene. Am I convinced of their effectiveness? Not really. Everything we're told one week seems to be wrong the next week. Do I actually know? Nope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oskarr-Padawan-2005 View Post
I think governments dont know a damn thing about this virus.

First they said it's just a flu. Suddenly there thousands of dead.
Then they said chloroqyn works. Then they said it doesn't.
Then they said masks were not necessary. Now it becomes mandatory in several countries.

Just because governments says this is the right thing doesn't mean it is
Hit the nail on the head. The government can (and often will) be completely wrong.

I finally hit 100 posts! Feel free to shoot me a DM!
Bostonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2020, 11:30 PM   #44
itedwin

itedwin's Forum Picture

Name: Edwin

Personally i and no one else i know including the entire neighborhood wears a mask when were out all day every day. I only wear a mask whenever i go to the store or restaurants with my parents
itedwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2020, 10:27 AM   #45
xols
Banned

Absolutely. It's my favorite clothing accessory .
jk

I wear it when I'm in a store, or if I'm walking, I'll put it on well before I pass someone.
xols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2020, 06:45 PM   #46
Katy_
Banned

Name: Kathryn

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieCO2003 View Post
A few weeks ago, several states in the US relaxed their restrictions and allowed public gathering-places like bars, restaurants, and beaches to reopen. Huge crowds of unmasked people went out. Abut a week later, the hospitals in those states started filling up with very sick people who couldn't breathe.

Now maybe you're one of the people that selectively chooses what information to believe based on emotion or impatience or personal inconvenience. Or maybe you're a "They cain't tell ME whot ta do!" type. Well, you're right. They can't. But that doesn't change the fact that a serious airborne virus is still making millions of people sick, and hundreds of thousands dead.

It doesn't take a lot of brains to figure out that if a ton of people suddenly get together for a weekend, and then a week later suddenly get sick with the same basic symptoms, that they were infecting each other. Now, if a simple mask can reduce your chances of getting sick from being around other people, even if only by a little bit, why not wear one? Because it's uncomfortable? Because it's inconvenient? Or because you think you're smarter and know better? Or because you want to show people that YOU can't be told what to do?
Exactly!
I get that many feel its patriotic to exercise their rights as much as possible - but its also patriotic to embrace a minor inconvenience like a mask and help protect the people around you
Katy_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2020, 08:51 AM   #47
Cangirl
Nice Poster

Cangirl's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oskarr-Padawan-2005 View Post
I think wearing it in the street or outside is indeed ridiculous.
I even saw some wearing it while driving their car, really ?? Are they afraid to be infected by their car radio ??

I also dont think it is necessary in stores or malls if you respect the 6 ft distance

On the other hand, I understand older people wearing it in public since they are more vulnerable and this virus is real dangerous

I also agree with people working in contact with other people wearing all time, like cashiers and NH staff
You dont want a cashier who has 30 or 40 customers a day be infected by one of them and risks to spread the virus to all other customers

My mum on the other hand, who is a little paranoid, would want us to wear it at all time

I've worn mine in our car but only when I'm riding with my grandparents who are susceptible to getting Covid. That might be why people wear them in cars when the people don't live in the same house or are in the same bubble.

But yeah if theyr'e alone I don't understand why they'd wear a mask.

16, bi Canadian girl. love life, friends, and being happy. Message me if you want to talk about anything.
Cangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2020, 09:06 AM   #48
Cangirl
Nice Poster

Cangirl's Forum Picture

My view is that everybody should wear a mask. Period. If everybody did the whole thing would be over in about 3 weeks.

I find it shocking that people do not understand the effects of wearing a mask versus not wearing a mask. The completely idiotic worries about "oh I can't breathe" in them is mind blowing. If people truly couldn't breathe in them, then everybody wearing them would pass out right? And of course that's not happening. Wearing a mask does not lower your levels of oxygen in your blood. That's been proven over and over and over again.

Surgeons, nurses, tradespeople, and a lot of other occupations have been wearing them for decades and they're all fine.

Masks do NOT lower your intake of oxygen.

I also think it's crazy how people are saying this is a hoax or that it is somehow political. It's called a 'global pandemic' for a reason. That means it's around the world in pretty much every country. It is not political at all. It is pathetic that some people are making it political when this effects every single person on the planet regardless of political party, religion, race, and gender.

I respect people have the right to their own opinion, but then that also means they have to understand why they have their opinion and are able to defend it based on facts and science. The anti maskers can't do that IMHO as all science debunks their claims.

So yeah I'm pretty pro mask and pro science. lol

16, bi Canadian girl. love life, friends, and being happy. Message me if you want to talk about anything.
Cangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2020, 09:10 AM   #49
Diable rouge
Awesome Poster

Diable rouge's Forum Picture

Name: Pseudo

I am a true asshole, I love to kill people and make people sick, so I do not wear a mask to help spread the virus around me.
I don't have the count of people I have killed though, so it is a little less fun than Call of Duty. I don't know my ranking, I cannot compare my high score with my friends.
Diable rouge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2020, 10:52 AM   #50
Sieze

Sieze's Forum Picture

Name: Jockey

Definitely for wearing masks
Sieze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2020, 05:13 PM   #51
Birds18
Member++

Birds18's Forum Picture

Name: Brady

I personally hate wearing a mask but rules are rules. Let's all work together so we can get past this.
Birds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2020, 05:28 PM   #52
Falcons_11
Legendary Member

Botheration, but necessary evil!

"Son, when the Marine Corps wants you to have a wife, you will be issued one!"
Lt. General Lewis Burwell "Chesty" Puller, USMC
Falcons_11 is offline   Reply With Quote