Virtual Teen Forums

Virtual Teen Forums (https://www.virtualteen.org/forums/index.php)
-   Ramblings of the Wise (https://www.virtualteen.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Gay Marriage (Merged) (https://www.virtualteen.org/forums/showthread.php?t=52)

SaTaN_iz_GoD May 26th, 2004 06:48 PM

Gay Marriage (Merged)

I personally think the government is screwing Americans over. They dont have any respect for homosexuals. They tell us not to discrimanate ppl and they get mad at us for saying stuff about homosexuals yet they can tell them how to live?

dying lullaby May 26th, 2004 06:56 PM

i totally agree. its not right, ppl should have the right to chose who it is they marry. the government is supporting prejudices by not allowing all ppl equal rights.

roxy4sixty9 May 26th, 2004 08:17 PM

i agree i have nothing to add

TheWizard May 27th, 2004 07:21 PM

I agree too. :)

RunAwayMolly May 27th, 2004 10:46 PM

wow some debate... with everyone agreeing... even me 8)

Dfsg May 28th, 2004 12:40 AM

I guess I could avoid a long debate if I just agreed with ya'll... But that make me a lier :P

So I'll just remain silent :P

dying lullaby May 28th, 2004 08:47 AM

ok, now you HAVE to tell us what you think ;)

Runner May 28th, 2004 01:03 PM

I just don't see how government can put limitations on love. You can't help who you fall in love with...why should anyone else meddle with it?

Dfsg May 28th, 2004 01:11 PM

Well, the government doesn't say a guy can't fall in love with a guy- that would be plain stupid. That would be in denial that homosexuality exists. That is why we have civil unions that cover gays in love.

My problem with a gay maraige is that maraige is something that is religious. Maraige is biblically and historically something to join a man and a woman to create a family and perpetuate humanity. A man to man, or a woman to woman maraige can not have children, and can not perpetuate life.

The government should not be placing restrictions or taking away restrictions on something that should be controlled by the Church. That goes against Separation of Church and State.

Yes- separation of Church and State should work in favor of the church sometimes. It seems that that law only hinders churches, but in this case, the government is trying to meddle in church affairs.

So I say go ahead- love those of your same gender. Move in together, be proud of it. Just don't expect to be recognized as maried.

Runner May 28th, 2004 01:14 PM

But what about all of the children who are not wanted? Why can't gays be parents to those children...and therefore considered to be a family??

Dfsg May 28th, 2004 02:01 PM

I never said I had a problem with a gay couple adopting :P

Anonymous May 28th, 2004 07:10 PM

Black or white,
Gay or straight,
Marriage is a human right.

'Nuff said.

Dfsg May 28th, 2004 09:08 PM

Is that enough to say? It has been said numerous times, and still it is illegal to honor a gay maraige in 49 states.

Why doesn't anyone here go for civil unions, instead of maraige?

RunAwayMolly May 28th, 2004 10:19 PM

marraige isnt religious anymore... its a peice of paper.

Dfsg May 28th, 2004 10:39 PM

Well, that is what maraige will become if homosexual maraiges are handed out like lolly pops in a pediatrician's office.

How could you think of maraige as just a piece of paper? That makes it much less important, and not worthy of such a critical argument.

For once, I do think John Kerry is right. He wants more rights for gays in a civil union, but is still against gay maraige. This provides protections for the both religious world, and the homosexual world.

RunAwayMolly May 28th, 2004 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dfsg
Well, that is what maraige will become if homosexual maraiges are handed out like lolly pops in a pediatrician's office.

How could you think of maraige as just a piece of paper? That makes it much less important, and not worthy of such a critical argument.

For once, I do think John Kerry is right. He wants more rights for gays in a civil union, but is still against gay maraige. This provides protections for the both religious world, and the homosexual world.

thats how it already is... you sign a peace of paper and your married legally? marraige shouldnt be a legal matter in the frist place! its for you, your partner, your family and god. and the thing about that is that its completely up to the homosexual...

i also hate when people call it an abomination... we have done plenty of things considered an abomination under god! therefor we have no right to jugde

RunAwayMolly May 28th, 2004 10:43 PM

yes i think it is a good plan because then everyones happy... will you be old enough to vote by the election?

Dfsg May 28th, 2004 11:00 PM

I miss the age requirements for the election by 5 months (poo!) I'd still vote Bush, however.

I just think that gays should have the same rights as homosexuals, but just in a civil union. Yes, we have no right to judge, but churches have an obligation to combat sin. You can't deny that maraige was started to recognise people as being promised to each other, and ready to start a family.

RunAwayMolly May 29th, 2004 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dfsg
I miss the age requirements for the election by 5 months (poo!) I'd still vote Bush, however.

I just think that gays should have the same rights as homosexuals, but just in a civil union. Yes, we have no right to judge, but churches have an obligation to combat sin. You can't deny that maraige was started to recognise people as being promised to each other, and ready to start a family.

could you fix homo to hetero? I think some people might get confused and not realise its a typo :P

RunAwayMolly May 29th, 2004 09:51 PM

Ill be 18 by then im pumped... altho im not voting bush... bush hates my type liberaller then greenpeace and peta combined... well not quite... but yeah the same... mmm i dont nkow what im talking about so ill stop