Virtual Teen Forums

Virtual Teen Forums (https://www.virtualteen.org/forums/index.php)
-   Ramblings of the Wise (https://www.virtualteen.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Should drugs be legal? (https://www.virtualteen.org/forums/showthread.php?t=72)

TheWizard June 25th, 2004 02:33 AM

Should drugs be legal?

I think drugs should be legal,

Jono June 25th, 2004 07:02 AM

I don't, I am glad they are not, they are killers. A few moments of pleasure is worth risking your entire life? If you think that then issues need to be sorted out.

Doug June 25th, 2004 09:31 AM

Where do you get "Drugs should be legal" from?!?!?!?!

Dfsg June 25th, 2004 11:17 AM

I think some of the legal drugs should be illegal, and some of the illegal drugs should be legal...

Anonymous June 25th, 2004 11:28 AM

You would have to be careful, a lot of the illegal drugs are illegal for a reason. We have enough of a problem with alcohol, if drugs got legal we would start "binge taking" them aswell and all would be bad.

At the moment lots of people take them but to avoid getting caught they don't go out in public when they do. So I think keeping the laws at least stop un-ruely behaviour, again like the problem with alcohol.

So yea, I'm not against some drugs, maybe just making the laws a bit more loose so we can get them into the country easier :wink:

TheWizard June 25th, 2004 12:14 PM

I think weed should be legal.

Anonymous June 25th, 2004 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWizard
I think weed should be legal.

Now that I do agree with!

AC.wAkeBoArDin.06 June 25th, 2004 02:07 PM

ok i dont do drugs at all but i think they should be legal because...not only would america get money from it (taxes) people are still gunna get it ne ways if they dont....

teenboy9 June 25th, 2004 02:44 PM

Why we have the laws is because ya some people would do it anyway, but because it makes it harder to use, and sell. If there were no laws, there would be more drug usage, and ya weed does not seem so bad, but when my friends boyfriend comes after her with an electric drill because of a Cocaine addiction, I am not in favor of taking away these laws. Weed has long term effects with continued usage. Over time peoples modivation to do things goes down. Studies have shown that it can cause people to move slower and not be able to think as fast. At least in this case I have to agree that keeping these laws is whats best for the nation, and for the health of its people.

Waiting June 25th, 2004 03:00 PM

its like drink, if it was made legal, it wudnt be a problem with teenagers cuz it wudnt be breaking the rules, so it wudnt be rebelling.

AC.wAkeBoArDin.06 June 25th, 2004 11:46 PM

yeah...kids would stop getting drunk as much cause kids see it as its not fun ne more cause its not illegal

Anonymous June 26th, 2004 01:32 AM

I get really badly drunk even though it's kinda legal. So I see your reasoning but don't think it would work.

roxy4sixty9 June 26th, 2004 03:14 PM

i think if things were legel then kids wouldnt do it as much

teenboy9 June 26th, 2004 05:23 PM

I agree that we should have drinking ages reduced bellow the teenage years, or taken away. My friend has known this girl from france for most of her life, they are good friends. She came into the states, and she was saying that teenage drinking is not a big problem because it has always been allowed. Teenagers look for ways to rebell, and if the adults say no, its a thing that teenagers want to do. But if they say ya, you can drink, its no longer rebelling. Yes some people will drink too much, but their going to do that either way.

Katie June 26th, 2004 06:09 PM

No I don't think they should.

Dfsg June 27th, 2004 10:37 AM

There are so many drugs that are manufactured by the drug companies that are killers.

Then look at ecstasy- there are very few deaths related to it, less than most pharmasutical drugs, and it has less side effects than anti-depressants (and works better).

Marajuana is an awesome drug that has been used medicinally much longer than it has been illegal. The only reason it is illegal is because it is a plant, and the drug companies can't patent it, or make any money off of it (The stuff grows anywhere...)

Cocaine and Ritalin are (interestingly enough)basically the same thing. Ritalin is only less addictive, yet it is still sold at schools. If it is snorted, it is much worse for you than cocaine.

The government needs to make some things illegal, and some things legal. I wish I were at the head of the FDA...

teenboy9 June 27th, 2004 11:18 AM

Wow I never knew you were so liberal. Weed for medical purposes I can understand, but not casual use. Also there are a good number of deaths each year in clubs from kids doing ecstasy either from not getting enough water (because you can dry out quickly on E) or if the pill is mixed with something else can also cause death. Now if it was legal and mass marketed, then you would not have to worry about the latter, but I see no good reason to make it legal. Almost all drugs have negative long term effects, and I do not see why its a good idea to make people unheathy. (Unless it can be used for a medical purpose, but then it still would be for short term use, only given out by doctors.

AC.wAkeBoArDin.06 June 27th, 2004 12:16 PM

nice anaysis dude

SexyMermaidLady June 27th, 2004 08:05 PM

I think medical marijuana should be legal.

Firestar June 27th, 2004 08:37 PM

I thought medicinal marijuana was legal... well it is here in Oregon anyway. You get a green card or something and they let you grow a certain amount of plants for your own use.