Virtual Teen Forums

Virtual Teen Forums (https://www.virtualteen.org/forums/index.php)
-   Ramblings of the Wise (https://www.virtualteen.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   jesus (https://www.virtualteen.org/forums/showthread.php?t=32)

grass May 20th, 2004 09:10 AM

jesus

i was just wondering how many ppl here believe in God

Shaolin May 20th, 2004 09:34 AM

No, i believe religion has caused too much war and chaos in the past.

Such a stupid reason to trigger mass death and destruction.

The bible in itself really means no harm, infact its good for our society. Just if it had never been invented, people wouldn't mis understand and act on their misunderstanding of the bible.

Infact i think the bible was created by insane people. Moses saw a tree, on fire, talking to him. Sounds alot like schizophrenia to me.

Waiting May 20th, 2004 12:23 PM

heehe, in my religious study lessons we are proving that God doesnt exist and if he did exist he is some kind of Phsyco Muderer person. and think about this, if god is all forgiving y is there a hell?

dying lullaby May 20th, 2004 10:14 PM

i believe in God

WhoAmI8505 May 21st, 2004 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patch
heehe, in my religious study lessons we are proving that God doesnt exist and if he did exist he is some kind of Phsyco Muderer person. and think about this, if god is all forgiving y is there a hell?

who said there was a hell? think about it like this:

you make a religion and ou believe in it. but no one else believes it too so what do you do, becaus eyou want people to do what you say? you tell the very gullible folkz that if they don't believe what you do that when they die, they will be in an eternal flame forever.

i think any religion that follows one deity hs too many cracks andholes in it. like if hell has eternal flame, and you'll burn there forever, and you don't have any pain receptors, how do yo feel the burn?

Waiting May 21st, 2004 12:21 PM

okkkkk

Katie May 21st, 2004 04:14 PM

I'm Catholic.

does this at all pertain to cutting or self harm? :?:

Waiting May 21st, 2004 04:32 PM

do u abide by all the rules, and do all the going and asking to forgive your sins and your not gonna have sex untill your married? i could neer do that, havnt got the will power, thats probably y i still cut, can give up

roxy4sixty9 May 21st, 2004 05:14 PM

i belive in god but dont think hes a great as everyone says if i did ever follow someone or thing it would probly be saten so thats me bye

TheWizard May 21st, 2004 05:49 PM

I don't believe in anything. To me when you die you become magget food.

dying lullaby May 21st, 2004 06:51 PM

i believe that too. i believe in a little of everything i think

Katie May 21st, 2004 09:50 PM

when i was little i used to insult people by calling them 'maggot infested lima beans.' how that came to be, i'll never know.

[/random]

Waiting May 22nd, 2004 05:38 AM

i wont be maggot food, i will be cremated

Anonymous May 22nd, 2004 04:27 PM

I've seen too much to believe in a God that's there to help us, a God that's supposed to love us, someone who is always supposed to be there for us to catch us when we fall...I suppose there COULD be a God, but he or she clearly doesn't love everyone and I have yet to encounter this so called "God."

RunAwayMolly May 23rd, 2004 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin
No, i believe religion has caused too much war and chaos in the past.

Such a stupid reason to trigger mass death and destruction.

The bible in itself really means no harm, infact its good for our society. Just if it had never been invented, people wouldn't mis understand and act on their misunderstanding of the bible.

Infact i think the bible was created by insane people. Moses saw a tree, on fire, talking to him. Sounds alot like schizophrenia to me.

Quite the oxymoron isnt it? Most religions are based on good defeating evil, but yes I believe in God, I also believe that jesus died on the cross for us, to save us.

RunAwayMolly May 23rd, 2004 10:35 PM

I just wish I were better about it. Sometimes I wish I were an athiest because then I wouldnt have to worry about heaven/hell so much, but growing up in a christian family you come to believe and there is no changing your mind.

Jono May 24th, 2004 01:39 AM

I have grown up believing in God, and although I don't have a complete view on Him, I believe there is something else after death...

Jono May 24th, 2004 01:39 AM

Actually, I'll move this to debates :arrow:

Dfsg May 24th, 2004 03:18 AM

Hold it- who is trying to say that God is all forgiving? He is only forgiving if you believe that through Jesus Christ you are forgiven. Anyone who opts not to take that forgiveness gets a wonderful time in Hell.

Here's a shocking theological fact- God doles out your punishment in hell, not Satan. Satan dwells on earth corrupting souls.

So, other people have said that there are too many holes in the Bible. This is completely not true. Look at the some 300 prophesies about Jesus's birth, life, and resurection. Every single one of them came true. 33 prophesies were made based on his birth, and for each one of them to come true, it was a 1:1,000,000,000,000,000 (one quadrillion) possibility. I've heard this analogy: Cover the earth in one square foot tiles. One has a star on the bottom-side. The chances of Jesus's birth are near to the chances of you flipping over the right tile.

Also- there was a reference to the burning bush. How would Moses be Schizophrenic? He put his hand in the bush, and he didn't burn. Does his "schizophrenia" control the burning properties of fire? I think not- that takes the devine.

Well, as you can tell, I'm a very faithful Christian, and you'll never take that away from me!

RunAwayMolly May 24th, 2004 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dfsg
Hold it- who is trying to say that God is all forgiving? He is only forgiving if you believe that through Jesus Christ you are forgiven. Anyone who opts not to take that forgiveness gets a wonderful time in Hell.

Here's a shocking theological fact- God doles out your punishment in hell, not Satan. Satan dwells on earth corrupting souls.

So, other people have said that there are too many holes in the Bible. This is completely not true. Look at the some 300 prophesies about Jesus's birth, life, and resurection. Every single one of them came true. 33 prophesies were made based on his birth, and for each one of them to come true, it was a 1:1,000,000,000,000,000 (one quadrillion) possibility. I've heard this analogy: Cover the earth in one square foot tiles. One has a star on the bottom-side. The chances of Jesus's birth are near to the chances of you flipping over the right tile.

Also- there was a reference to the burning bush. How would Moses be Schizophrenic? He put his hand in the bush, and he didn't burn. Does his "schizophrenia" control the burning properties of fire? I think not- that takes the devine.

Well, as you can tell, I'm a very faithful Christian, and you'll never take that away from me!

AMEN BROTHER! I understand this completely... its just so hard to be a christian nowadays because of temptation... i admit i am not worthy and never will be, but the fact that i have the oppotunity still makes me believe.