Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Rate this Entry

I'm....engaged? O.o

Posted August 11th, 2013 at 12:58 AM by LouBerry

I went to work with Seth today and then to his grandparents house to have a birthday dinner for his aunt, and we were talking about school and stuff starting soon, and all of the sudden they realized that they were going to have to go get Seth's school stuff, because he moves into his dorm in a week. So, we made a trip to Walmart and got all his stuff, and it hit me that he's really going to be in college, and all the things that could happen, and I got really upset.

On the way home, I told him that I was worried that he might leave me. What if he fell in love with someone else? Or got tired of me? And he told me that he never would and that he loved me and we talked about him joining my church, and I like that. I like the commitment it signifies. And Seth told me that he's already committed to me, just look at my hand. (We have promise rings). And he said something about marrying him, and I said, well you never asked me. And he pulled over in this creepy parking lot off the highway, got out of the car, came around to my side, took my ring, and got down on one knee, and he asked me to marry him. I said yes. Obviously we'll wait until next year when I'm in college to announce the engagement for real, he still has to get me a ring and ask my Daddy, but it feels real. I'm so incredibly happy and I just have everything I've ever asked for. I just thank God that I threw rocks at the weird kid with the green Mohawk. (:

That awkward, shy kid turned into a beautiful and strong man, who I now have the pleasure to call....my fiancé. Wow. Just....wow.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 505 Comments 2
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Gumleaf's Forum Picture
    Congrats.
  2. Old Comment
    LouBerry's Forum Picture
    Thank you!