Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

1. Old Comment
    Ralph.S.G.R's Forum Picture

Back by popular demand!!!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cocorayo View Comment
    I think you're wrong on that, monopolies are caused the support of the government. All the cases you see a monopoly are either because a government is supporting it directly(intervation) or not allowing companies to compete( anti free-market).

By the way you say free-marketing works perfectly as a concept but in practice? There are A LOT of examples when a market is more free generates more wealth, and when I say more wealth is to EVERYONE(I hope you don't fall in the falacies of the wealth distribution).
    Sure, a totally resricted market is a bad thing and, often, freeing up the market more does help. However, the countries we can see with the freeist markets are not the ones with the least inequality- you can see any graph and see im right.
    Posted September 27th, 2020 at 02:22 PM by Ralph.S.G.R Ralph.S.G.R is offline
  2. Old Comment
    cocorayo's Forum Picture

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ralph.S.G.R View Comment
    So if i understand you correctly, you are saying a truly free market system would be superior for the average person in comparison to the situation i described?

In theory yes. Free marketerism as a concept is very similar to communism in that sense (although completely different in every other sense!!). Free marketerism works perfectly as a concept but regrettably, as i see it, it can never work. There are always people with more skill and more tact wh will end up with a controlling monopoly that means that they are the only people who benefit. Unless you had strict laws on monopolies (which would mean it wasnt a free market) then all the money would eventually get into the hands of a small number of people, prices would drive up and quality would drive down.

Paternalistic conservatism on the other hand, allows the market to act (with regulation) but also gives everyone a stake through a shared history and culture. But it also allows for individual brilliance, unlike communism.
    I think you're wrong on that, monopolies are caused the support of the government. All the cases you see a monopoly are either because a government is supporting it directly(intervation) or not allowing companies to compete( anti free-market).

By the way you say free-marketing works perfectly as a concept but in practice? There are A LOT of examples when a market is more free generates more wealth, and when I say more wealth is to EVERYONE(I hope you don't fall in the falacies of the wealth distribution).
  3. Old Comment
    Posted September 7th, 2020 at 01:21 PM by Ralph.S.G.R Ralph.S.G.R is offline
  4. Old Comment
    Ralph.S.G.R's Forum Picture

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cocorayo View Comment
    So I think your conservatism is closer to social-democracy that is what it's set in most European countries, and other countries in the world.
    My personal opinion is that this type of system(social-democracy) doesn't really go somewhere and it really complicates the economic growth of a country.
    Apart from that many of the fascist movements were social-democratic, and they did some things right( like free healthcare that were made facism not communism in most countries) and they did things wrong... a lot of things.
    I don't really know in the UK but many western countries including African countries have this system, and they lead to corruption and conflict.

I don't think free-market capitalism is beneficial for those in power, is the other way around. It is benefitial for us because we receive the best product and as long as there is true free market there will always be a competition meaning there won't be negative monopolies and the only beneficieries are the consumers.

As you're saying there are people in power, but depends what type of people are in that power position. The more power you give to the government, more people of power will be governers which mean higher chance of corruption and God know what else more. Maybe it just me but I prefer some body to be in power because that person deserves it(CEO of company or whatever) or he got it from a family(with all the pressure) than a person that got "elected"(and the democracy thing is really tricky in 98% of the countries in the world). The difference is that bussinesman is rich because of his products and the consumers like those products, and the politic is rich because of you and me, by mandatory taxes that wheather he does right or wrong, you still gotta pay taxes.Things wrong without including corruption, waste of public money, military and others.

Sorry for the big text but really supporting the government and going against free-market is supporting those in power. But of course I'm open to new ideas, maybe I'm wrong.

So if i understand you correctly, you are saying a truly free market system would be superior for the average person in comparison to the situation i described?

In theory yes. Free marketerism as a concept is very similar to communism in that sense (although completely different in every other sense!!). Free marketerism works perfectly as a concept but regrettably, as i see it, it can never work. There are always people with more skill and more tact wh will end up with a controlling monopoly that means that they are the only people who benefit. Unless you had strict laws on monopolies (which would mean it wasnt a free market) then all the money would eventually get into the hands of a small number of people, prices would drive up and quality would drive down.

Paternalistic conservatism on the other hand, allows the market to act (with regulation) but also gives everyone a stake through a shared history and culture. But it also allows for individual brilliance, unlike communism.
    Posted September 7th, 2020 at 12:00 PM by Ralph.S.G.R Ralph.S.G.R is offline
  5. Old Comment
    cocorayo's Forum Picture

So I think your conservatism is closer to social-democracy that is what it's set in most European countries, and other countries in the world.
    My personal opinion is that this type of system(social-democracy) doesn't really go somewhere and it really complicates the economic growth of a country.
    Apart from that many of the fascist movements were social-democratic, and they did some things right( like free healthcare that were made facism not communism in most countries) and they did things wrong... a lot of things.
    I don't really know in the UK but many western countries including African countries have this system, and they lead to corruption and conflict.

I don't think free-market capitalism is beneficial for those in power, is the other way around. It is benefitial for us because we receive the best product and as long as there is true free market there will always be a competition meaning there won't be negative monopolies and the only beneficieries are the consumers.

As you're saying there are people in power, but depends what type of people are in that power position. The more power you give to the government, more people of power will be governers which mean higher chance of corruption and God know what else more. Maybe it just me but I prefer some body to be in power because that person deserves it(CEO of company or whatever) or he got it from a family(with all the pressure) than a person that got "elected"(and the democracy thing is really tricky in 98% of the countries in the world). The difference is that bussinesman is rich because of his products and the consumers like those products, and the politic is rich because of you and me, by mandatory taxes that wheather he does right or wrong, you still gotta pay taxes.Things wrong without including corruption, waste of public money, military and others.

Sorry for the big text but really supporting the government and going against free-market is supporting those in power. But of course I'm open to new ideas, maybe I'm wrong.
  6. Old Comment

Why are pubescent boys so afraid of getting erections?

Depends on where the erection takes place.
  7. Old Comment

Why is there a taboo against masturbation?

I love it. It feels so good but I would never do it in a public toilet. You never know whats been do there.