Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old February 26th, 2011, 04:16 PM   #1
xXsweet.slashesXx

Name: Gabbi
Exclamation how to hide cuts?

I need to know how to hide cuts. I've been addicted to cutting for a year and I can't take not doing it anymore. My parents have found out once and I was almost sent to a mental institute. Right now, that doesn't seem like a bad idea. i just don't wanna deal with the yelling and the screaming that will be coming before I go. I want to go to the mental institute, mostly because there are people like me there. I wanna be with people who understand. But, I don't want to get yelled at and mistrusted by my parents. Anyway I can hide my cuts?
xXsweet.slashesXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2011, 04:24 PM   #2
Kiss

Kiss's Forum Picture

Default Re: how to hide cuts?

Depends where your cuts/scars are.
Arms/writs: long sleeves, long gloves, wrist bands, sweat bands, bracelets, concealer.
Legs; Concealer, tights.

That's how I managed to hide them and it worked for me. But my parents found out anyway, it was great help, they didn't shout at me and maybe your parents won't either! It's really your choice but I really think you should tell them though. It does really help.
Kiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2011, 04:44 PM   #3
Malcolm Tucker
VT Lover

Malcolm Tucker's Forum Picture

Name: Mal

It really depends on the location of the cuts. If they are located:
  • On your forearms, wrists, or below the elbow - then wearing longs sleeves shirts, or fleeces. Also, a watch, charm bracelets, and bracelets at all will conceal them.
  • On your shoulders, upper arms, and that general area - wearing short sleeved tops, or anything with sleeves.
  • On your stomach, chest, hips - a top that is not cropped, but be careful of wearing tight belts, jeans etc. They can rub and chafe the cuts, depending on the location with a risk of reopening and further pain and risk of infection.
  • On your legs, ankles - jeans, tracksuit bottoms, tights will work fine. Again, maybe putting a bandage or plaster over them would help as to prevent chafing and again pain and infection.

Also, Bio-Oil is good for helping with the wounds and scars.

PM me if you need to talk ok?

"[...] I mean the guy is an epic fuck-up. Hes so dense that light bends around him."
Malcolm Tucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2011, 05:08 PM   #4
enjoying_my_insanity
Member++

enjoying_my_insanity's Forum Picture

Name: Sandy

and if youre going to use concealer (like on your forarm/wrist) make sure its the right shade which will prob be a shade lighter than your face cuz if its the wrong shade it is more obvious sometimes best of luck!

interwebz hugggs!!

<3
enjoying_my_insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2011, 06:53 AM   #5
xgeekyrocksx

xgeekyrocksx's Forum Picture

Name: Polina

lots and lots of bracelets, and maybe while the cuts are scabbed over put suncream on them (it makes the less red, i don't know why though...) if they are on you legs like your calf then long socks also work well, especaily in the summer and if they are on your thighs then maybe long shorts? leggins also work. and remember, just because you have to hide your cuts/ scars don't mea that you can't have fun wth what you wear xxx

I love you my little freaks <33
Drowning Idiots In long Black Socks
xgeekyrocksx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2011, 10:24 AM   #6
LozziRAWR
Junior Member+

LozziRAWR's Forum Picture

Name: Lozzi

If they are on your arm, wear either long sleeves in the winter, or sweatbands and lots of chunky bracelets, concealer might not be as useful, as I've found that if your arm brushes agaisnt your clothes it gets on your clothes and comes off your arm.
If they're on your legs wear thin tan tights, they hide them really well and it looks like you arent wearing tights at all
If they are on your torso just avoid wearing cropped tops, if you go swimming wear a swimsuit instead of a bikini, and wear a thin vest on days where you have PE in school or something.

Those are all the things i do to hide my cuts
LozziRAWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2011, 10:41 AM   #7
LoveMe_HateMe
Nice Poster

LoveMe_HateMe's Forum Picture

I do it in places that people wont see anyway, like top of thighs and stomach, which are easily hidden. And if I do it on wrists, just wear lots of bracelets. If I do it anywhere else, and people notice I tend to say that one of my cats did it.
Basically just what everyone else said.

You are never alone, no matter how islolated you feel. There is hope.

"I'm my own worst enemy" ~ Jacoby Shaddix

PM if you ever want to talk x
Formerly PRoach
LoveMe_HateMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2011, 11:23 AM   #8
xXsweet.slashesXx

Thanks for your help I'm really trying to stop cutting. I truly am. Sometimes it just hard hard though and I need go hide them. Thanks guys
Old February 27th, 2011, 11:39 AM   #9
LoveMe_HateMe
Nice Poster

LoveMe_HateMe's Forum Picture

No problem, I know how hard it is to stop cutting, I think the longest I've gone without doing it is about a month, I only stopped doing it out of fear 'cause my boyfriend at the time found out and threatened to tell my parents. Then after that, the longest is probably about a week >.<

You are never alone, no matter how islolated you feel. There is hope.

"I'm my own worst enemy" ~ Jacoby Shaddix

PM if you ever want to talk x
Formerly PRoach
LoveMe_HateMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2011, 02:41 PM   #10
xXsweet.slashesXx

My boyfriend knows. He's upset about it, but he would never do anything to hurt or leave me because of it. It doesnt really hurt our relationship. But thanks for the help