Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > The Psychiatric Ward > Depression, Loss, and Grief
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room [7]

Old February 15th, 2011, 12:19 PM   #1
kalerne

Name: Fluffy
Default Suicide Pact

Well about 3 days ago I was hanging out with some people drinking and doing other drugs (Marijuana and Adderal) and long story short one of the girls there ended up saying if I were to make a suicide pact it would be with you 5 and talked about dying by 24(It was my 1st time meeting her by the way) and at the time I didn't really want to admit my past thoughts of wanting to die before 30 (I've had major depression since I was 9 and I am now 17) and that I've been wanting to make a suicide pact so it went unsaid but I'm slowly getting the courage to talk to her about that ordeal can I ask for your thoughts on this ordeal
kalerne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2011, 12:51 PM   #2
Lost n not yet found

Lost n not yet found's Forum Picture

Name: Abi
Default Re: Suicide Pact

Suicide is never the answer, also making a suicide pact is the worst way 2 do it because one of you is more likely to stay alive, i think that it would b a good idea to talk to her about your past feelings about the issue, but under no circumstances make a pact with her
Lost n not yet found is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2011, 01:42 PM   #3
kalerne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost n not yet found View Post
Suicide is never the answer, also making a suicide pact is the worst way 2 do it because one of you is more likely to stay alive, i think that it would b a good idea to talk to her about your past feelings about the issue, but under no circumstances make a pact with her
I'm not using it as an answer so to say but as a way of saying I've lived life to the point of life that I wish to live and I just want to stop there and thats the feeling I got when she said she might be dead at 24 and said some of her reasonings
Old February 15th, 2011, 03:03 PM   #4
Quahog
Awesome Poster

Quahog's Forum Picture

Name: Jesse

That is a really ridiculous idea. Don't agree to do it. What sense does a suicide pact make? None. If you have problems, you can come here and talk about it, but don't agree to do something stupid, and wrong, like a suicide pact. Suicide does not make all of that go away, please don't go along with it, we want to help you.
Quahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2011, 03:16 PM   #5
kalerne

But I don't feel as if anything is truly long its more of a mindset I have mixed with certain beliefs
Old February 16th, 2011, 11:03 AM   #6
Ambrosia
Awesome Poster

Ambrosia's Forum Picture

Name: Lexi

You weren't born just to make the selfish idea of killing yourself (Excuse me for the way I word this but it's the only way I know how). Making a suicide pact is actually VERY selfish of both you and her and any of the other people who might have been considering. You say it's just a mindset, well no, it isn't. It's a silly thought we bring into our heads when we find ourself in a tough position no matter how long it may last. When you die, you DIE. And it's not meant to be your choice of win. ESPECIALLY not if you're going to sit down and say, "Okay, so. I think we should kill ourselves on May 5th of 2015 yadda yadda yadda..." It's just not your choice. It's not fair to the rest of the people around you. And you have to consider, you aren't able to see the future! You have no idea what all you're going to miss out on by just up and deciding you have lived long enough when, as I repeat myself, IT'S NOT YOUR CHOICE.

Goodness. o_o That's like my little rant against your pact. But still. Pardon me. I know I've considered suicide but I always have to remember how selfish it is to just think I get the choice to live or die when I honestly don't. It's a serious matter. It is VERY serious. And some people just don't realize.

-Retired Global Moderator-
Ambrosia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2011, 11:41 AM   #7
kalerne

I don't mean to argue but how is what I do to my body not my choice? And it's my belief that it is my choice to end my life when I feel as if I am done. And in nature its pretty common for animals to stop much like a dog when it knows it's done it just stops eating and tends to lay in one spot all day until they die.
Old February 16th, 2011, 11:46 AM   #8
Syvelocin
Ocean Soul

Syvelocin's Forum Picture

Name: Rith

Cutting and Self Harm Depression, Loss, and Grief

But that's when you FEEL you'll be done. Because you won't be. I'm 100% sure of that.

It's also a criminal offence. There's a reason there are laws against it. Have you ever heard of the people who SURVIVED their suicide attempts? I was forced to watch this episode of Oprah or something in the hospital. There was this girl who tried to commit suicide by lying on train tracks and having a train run her over. She survived, but she lost her legs. A lot of the time, you fail, and then you realise how great life is, but you have to pay because you lost your legs, your face is disfigured, etc. Also, you'll be tried for attempted suicide.

And I'm sorry I didn't build your walls. And I'm sorry I had to go and fall.
And I'm sorry I had the whole thing wrong. Well, I guess I'm the sorriest of all.
And I'm sorry that you are feeling small. And I'm sorry that I'm not used to crawling.
And I'm sorry the writing's on the wall. Well, I guess I'm the sorriest of all.
Syvelocin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2011, 01:01 PM   #9
HeroesAndCons
Awesome Poster

HeroesAndCons's Forum Picture

Name: Heather

Gtfo away from them
HeroesAndCons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2011, 10:43 PM   #10
cheergurl
Junior Member+

cheergurl's Forum Picture

Name: Heather

Have you talked with a professional? These people telling you you're stupid and that you might break the law isn't going to change your mind. Talk to someone who can actually help you live and feel differently about life.
cheergurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2011, 11:07 AM   #11
Ambrosia
Awesome Poster

Ambrosia's Forum Picture

Name: Lexi

What you do to your BODY is your choice. What you do with your life (In the common sence of living, not life path) is kind of not. It's like murder, only reversed. You're the killer and the victim. People actually get fined for attempting suicide and surviving, in some places (I dunno about all). We can pierce and tattoo our bodies how we want. We can run away to Australia, live as a hobo, or build an empire all we want. But we really need to learn to not be so selfish as to put other people through the horror of killing ourselves.

But what I'm getting at is that it's silly. Don't do it. As Heather said:

Get the flip away from those people.

You're better then that.

-Retired Global Moderator-
Ambrosia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2011, 10:35 PM   #12
kalerne

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheergurl View Post
Have you talked with a professional? These people telling you you're stupid and that you might break the law isn't going to change your mind. Talk to someone who can actually help you live and feel differently about life.
I have, I've basically been drugged up since I was seven (not just for depression though) but in the end I just feel like a drone and just talking therapy didn't do anything rather then allow me to express my views.
Old February 19th, 2011, 07:46 AM   #13
RAWWR
Nice Poster

Name: Charlie

Listen, I'm not one to judge, if you want to commit suicide, then at the end of the day, thats your choice, Although I don't think you do, because if you did you wouldn't have posted, obviously somewhere inside your head there is a part of you thinking 'this isn't right. I can get through this' And I urge you to listen to that part, but whatever you decide, don't make a suicide pact, This is something that is an individual choice, not a group act.

If you ever Need advice, or even just a chat, feel free to PM or VM me
RAWWR is offline   Reply With Quote