Virtual Teen Forums
 

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 6th, 2011, 01:13 AM   #1
canyon
Member++
 
canyon's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: February 5, 2011
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Default Do I have OCD?

I've never been diagnosed with OCD or anything, but I am like 99.8% positive that I ahve some form of it. For me, everything has to be straight and perfectly clean. In school, when a teacher writes on a board and goes to erase, it drives me insane if she misses a little section of marker. And as for everything being straight, nothing can be out of place. I was in Stew Leonard's the other day and there was a stack of oranges on the ground. The boxes weren't all aligned, and it was driving me crazy. I walked away but that was all I could think about the entire time. Eventually I had to go back and align all of them because I couldn't handle knowing that they weren't.

Meh, I don't know. Any other explanations?
canyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2011, 01:15 AM   #2
Quahog
Awesome Poster
 
Quahog's Forum Picture
 
Name: Jesse
Join Date: April 2, 2004
Location: California
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Default Re: Do I have OCD?

Just as in your ADHD thread, you have to speak with a professional. We all have times where we have OCD traits, and it doesn't really mean that we have it. If you truly feel that you have it, you have to speak with a therapist and he/she will diagnose you.
Quahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2011, 01:20 AM   #3
canyon
Member++
 
canyon's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: February 5, 2011
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Default Re: Do I have OCD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibrant View Post
Just as in your ADHD thread, you have to speak with a professional. We all have times where we have OCD traits, and it doesn't really mean that we have it. If you truly feel that you have it, you have to speak with a therapist and he/she will diagnose you.
Yeah, but I don't even know where to start for that. I don't want to say anything to my parents because I know they'll overreact or something, but I don't want to be left in the dark, either.

(And by the way, thanks for taking the time to respond to all of my questions. I appreciate it )
canyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2011, 01:23 AM   #4
Quahog
Awesome Poster
 
Quahog's Forum Picture
 
Name: Jesse
Join Date: April 2, 2004
Location: California
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Default Re: Do I have OCD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain94 View Post
Yeah, but I don't even know where to start for that. I don't want to say anything to my parents because I know they'll overreact or something, but I don't want to be left in the dark, either.

I'm pretty sure that unless you want to hurt yourself, they usually won't tell your parents unless you tell them to. But even if they do, why wouldn't you want your parents to support you?

Quote:
(And by the way, thanks for taking the time to respond to all of my questions. I appreciate it )
No problem, glad I was here to help.
Quahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2011, 01:44 AM   #5
canyon
Member++
 
canyon's Forum Picture
 
Join Date: February 5, 2011
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Default Re: Do I have OCD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibrant View Post
I'm pretty sure that unless you want to hurt yourself, they usually won't tell your parents unless you tell them to. But even if they do, why wouldn't you want your parents to support you?
I don't know, I just don't think they would react well. I want to go to the doctor's to just get it all settled, but I know that once I go once, I'll never stop going because of them. They'll try to find every answer possible about everything, and I don't want that. I just want a yes or a no and move on haha
canyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright©2000 - 2017
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2004 - 2017, VirtualTeen.org