Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old February 6th, 2011, 01:13 AM   #1
canyon
Member++

canyon's Forum Picture

Default Do I have OCD?

I've never been diagnosed with OCD or anything, but I am like 99.8% positive that I ahve some form of it. For me, everything has to be straight and perfectly clean. In school, when a teacher writes on a board and goes to erase, it drives me insane if she misses a little section of marker. And as for everything being straight, nothing can be out of place. I was in Stew Leonard's the other day and there was a stack of oranges on the ground. The boxes weren't all aligned, and it was driving me crazy. I walked away but that was all I could think about the entire time. Eventually I had to go back and align all of them because I couldn't handle knowing that they weren't.

Meh, I don't know. Any other explanations?
canyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2011, 01:15 AM   #2
Quahog
Awesome Poster

Quahog's Forum Picture

Name: Jesse
Default Re: Do I have OCD?

Just as in your ADHD thread, you have to speak with a professional. We all have times where we have OCD traits, and it doesn't really mean that we have it. If you truly feel that you have it, you have to speak with a therapist and he/she will diagnose you.
Quahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2011, 01:20 AM   #3
canyon
Member++

canyon's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibrant View Post
Just as in your ADHD thread, you have to speak with a professional. We all have times where we have OCD traits, and it doesn't really mean that we have it. If you truly feel that you have it, you have to speak with a therapist and he/she will diagnose you.
Yeah, but I don't even know where to start for that. I don't want to say anything to my parents because I know they'll overreact or something, but I don't want to be left in the dark, either.

(And by the way, thanks for taking the time to respond to all of my questions. I appreciate it )
Old February 6th, 2011, 01:23 AM   #4
Quahog
Awesome Poster

Quahog's Forum Picture

Name: Jesse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain94 View Post
Yeah, but I don't even know where to start for that. I don't want to say anything to my parents because I know they'll overreact or something, but I don't want to be left in the dark, either.

I'm pretty sure that unless you want to hurt yourself, they usually won't tell your parents unless you tell them to. But even if they do, why wouldn't you want your parents to support you?

Quote:
(And by the way, thanks for taking the time to respond to all of my questions. I appreciate it )
No problem, glad I was here to help.
Quahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2011, 01:44 AM   #5
canyon
Member++

canyon's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibrant View Post
I'm pretty sure that unless you want to hurt yourself, they usually won't tell your parents unless you tell them to. But even if they do, why wouldn't you want your parents to support you?
I don't know, I just don't think they would react well. I want to go to the doctor's to just get it all settled, but I know that once I go once, I'll never stop going because of them. They'll try to find every answer possible about everything, and I don't want that. I just want a yes or a no and move on haha