Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old January 31st, 2011, 12:15 PM   #1
Nevermore
Nice Poster

Nevermore's Forum Picture

Name: Sammy <3
Default OCD help DX

So I'm having problems with my OCD. I can't stand people chewing, and sipping, and gulping. It's driving me insane. People are so rude! How do I get over this? It's literally making me want to pull my hair out. I've spoken to my psycologist about ti, and all she said is, oh that's OCD and then we spoke more about OCD. She never told me how to cope with it. Just oh yea, people with OCD can be very rude, about others chewing. I'm like okay, thank you Captain Obvious, didn't know that already. Here's the real question why I'm posting. How can I cope? I feel like crying when someone is chewing gum, or is chewing in general, or drinking. It annoys me so much! Espeically since both my parents are absolutely horrible with table manners. You would think they didn't exsist at my house. My father when he eats it's worse then watching a lion attack and eat a carcass. When he eats wings or anything with bones, he eats the bones. Snaps them in half literally chews on the bone for a good ten minutes. Sauce all over his face, it's completely disgusting. Even my friends get disgusted. I've spoken to him about it, hasn't done anything. I've been begging him to eat properly for years, but no, apparently there is nothing wrong with the way he eats.

Charlie Girl and Ichigo are my Wiccan sisers
Animal Luverrr is my lil sis <3
Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2011, 12:22 PM   #2
georgiamay
Awesome Poster

georgiamay's Forum Picture

Name: Georgia
Default Re: OCD help DX

OCD.

I don't know much about OCD, but all I would say is to maybe ask your psychologist out right how to cope with it, that's what they're there for.
georgiamay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2011, 05:54 PM   #3
Syvelocin
Ocean Soul

Syvelocin's Forum Picture

Name: Rith

With people I'm close to, who know I have OCD, I usually politely tell them... you know, "Could you please close your mouth when you're chewing gum?" which quiets it a bit. Some people just have those little things that I can't bear, I have to leave the room. Like, I've had problems when someone has a bad cold, and they're really congested, and they're just sniffling so loud every five seconds. I can't take it. I just have to remove myself from the room.

And I'm sorry I didn't build your walls. And I'm sorry I had to go and fall.
And I'm sorry I had the whole thing wrong. Well, I guess I'm the sorriest of all.
And I'm sorry that you are feeling small. And I'm sorry that I'm not used to crawling.
And I'm sorry the writing's on the wall. Well, I guess I'm the sorriest of all.
Syvelocin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2011, 08:52 AM   #4
Nevermore
Nice Poster

Nevermore's Forum Picture

Name: Sammy <3

Politely asking them never works at home. I usually leave the room ,but sometimes I can't, and I'm screaming inside. Oh, my gosh! Colds are like a living hell when someone in my class or home has one. I guess I should talk to my psycologist, once I start seeing her again.

Charlie Girl and Ichigo are my Wiccan sisers
Animal Luverrr is my lil sis <3
Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote