Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old January 28th, 2011, 11:16 PM   #1
Etzim
Junior Member+

Etzim's Forum Picture

Name: Sean
Default My ADHD Story

I think my ADD is a big reason why people don't like me. i think it gets to be a big problem in socializing. Well i guess uh here is my story. Idk where to post this but it has to do with ADD.

In kindergarten i got in a lot of trouble all the time. I Would just do everything i could to test my teacher. I would lie and act like i know stuff i don't.
I went ahead in my abc learning book. Big mistake. Hand righting books. Cursive. And more. I hated reading. I Had no friends, nobody liked me. i sat alone at lunch.

1st grade I got in tons of trouble. Looking up girls skirts flicking spit out of a spoon. Throwing balls on the roof, Pissed off my teacher. and more.

By 2nd grade The school sent a notice to my parents and said Sean had been getting in a lot of trouble lately. We think your son might have ADHD, or there might be a problem at home that is making him act up. We request he see's a psychiatrist. And somebody to do test on him to see what his problem is. By then i knew everyone in the office and was there almost everyday for getting in trouble. I even hung out with the principal sometimes.

So i saw a psychiatrist and a diagnose person. They said Sean has Adhd. My parents were very surprised and they kept wondering what they did wrong, the doctor told them its not there fault nor my fault. I was born with it. So from there on i was doing lots and lots of drugs and therapy.

What the drugs did to me. They made me Worse, Better, happy, giddy, loopy, angry,ticky and lots more. I have done every possible stimulant in the world. Even depression medication because of the side effects from the stimulants. I also have done blood pressure meds those worked best. The side effects on them were really bad too.

I had really hard time focusing and i talked a lot.

3rd Grade was my best year. I had a really good relationship with my teacher, i did well but i still got in lots of trouble. even more then before. Its hard to say because that was a long time ago. I don't remember much.

I did boys & girls club, I had 3 really good friends there Vincent and Hailey and Monica The girls thought i was adorable as all means. I even dated Hailey lol. I was very active at B&G.

Then i found out my sister Amanda was going to do Gymnastics, I was jealous and i wanted to too. It was hard work talking my parents into it. although its expensive. So hyperactive Sean "me" got in to Gymnastics. Of course i told everyone nobody cared but w/e. I had a lot of fun with gymnastics. I had a teacher named John He was great. Although i did sit in the corner some times i still loved it. Back flips front flips fome pit. spring floor.

4th grade i moved to a different city. Lost all my friends like 2 lol. I made some new friends but i got in lots and lots and lots of trouble. I had a problem. Because of being in trouble so much. I never did any school work. so i would get in trouble because i don't do work then i wouldn't be able to do school work because i was in trouble. so i got a bad habit and did nothing all day.

Still 4th grade. I had a friend named Spencer and another Jacob. they were brothers. They lived next door. We hung out all the time. But remember im short. Not very tall. So one day they just got the idea hey lets pick on him. So what happened? i got bullied all year. BUT its really fucked up... They bullied me and then they would go to the time out room at school and blame me and say i bullied them. HOW FUCKED UP IS THAT? So here i am getting in more trouble and now they think i have anger management problems because "i" supposedly 3ft 6 Sean Bully Spencer, Jacob 5ft. My fucking ass. first of all how fucking stupid were they to actually believe this??? So i get in lots of trouble at home. i told my parents the truth i don't bully them she doesn't believe me i get in trouble blah blah bunch of fucking bull shit this is why im so fucked up now.

The shit isn't over yet. Then School sends a notice to my parents and they said Sean cannot be at this school he is to much trouble. We suggest anger management school. FML, Ok let me describe this school. Kids screaming Hitting punching Swearing, Refusing Blah blah. I wasnt like that i did not fit in at all. but they insisted i go there. Oh Guess what They have a straight jacket and a padded room... FML again, That was an interesting year. So know im lost idk wtf is going on with my life and why. Im here because of bully's BULLY'S kids fucking bully's the ruined my life "*cries*", Its unfair to me that they did this it makes me so upset just thinking about this. when you have that assembly at school about bullying it really does change the person. I wasn't bullied i was hard core FUCKED OVER.

Gymnastics my old gym got shut down. So i moved to Leading Edge Gymnastics academy. Present its an all girls gym now. But Who would have even thought john would be there. He WAS!!! =)))))))) great teacher. Over the time i got more advanced and tried out for the gym team. I got in and got into competitive gymnastics i was a lvl 4. I competed and trained very hard over the next few years. By 6th grade Are coach Jeff left for art college and i moved onto another team, Cascade elite gymnastics academy. At the time gymnastics was the only thing that made me feel good about myself. i had friends there. a life a real life i loved it it was amazing and i miss it. I miss my couch Jeff he was a true friend we talked out long problems he was like a councilor to me he made me Confident and happy and strong. When he left it was heart breaking. My ADHD did cause some problems in gymnastics. Jeff did some fun stuff with us. We worked so hard for competitions on Friday we would fuck off. Run up the wall do back flips even front flips Super trampoline do double back flips it was really fun i miss it so much. So when i moved on to cascade elite it was way different couches were strict and it was not fun and games it got serious. By then i was lvl 5 in 6th grade.

I was still attending Mental school anger what ever. I got made fun of a lot because of it i rode the short bus. I failed almost every class. i got in lost of trouble all the time. Middle school sucked everyone hated me i had no friends. I did have lots of SCHOOL FRIENDS like oh hi Sean never hung out though. Lots of girls thought i was cute and adorable i had a few gfs over the year. Lots of hugs and loves.

I got put in lots of Special education classes. And BIG Problem got in so much trouble the school decided He doesn't do anything we need to shorten they day to 3 special ed classes and he goes home afterward. By then 8th grade i was out of Anger management and only going to school half a day. MY MOM PISSED as fucking hell. She got a lawyer. And i left that school and went to Pacific learning center which is a self motivation school. Private. And know My middles school has to pay for me to go there xD.

Back to gymnastics. I got to be really really good. I won lots of medals my parents were very proud of me. Then i joined the Future stars. And advanced to lvl 9. there is Lvl 10 and after that is elite, elite is what the people in the Olympics are. I had a Russian coach he was an ass hole i got way to stressed out gymnastics was not fun anymore so i had no choice but to quit. I tried out in wrestling. i was ripped from gymnastics but very light wait because i worked out all the time and did not eat because of my stimulants i weighed 60 pounds. I GOT MY ASS KICKED IN WRESTLING. I quit. never again did i do sports. im out of shape lost my abs and giant 60 pounds.

I just got a txt from a friend that said he man your a cool kid. Im teary now. Thanks Austin i appreciate it.

Anyway. I was unsuccessful at that private school for two years. Last year idk what happened i prayed to god at Christmas break. I came back and was a changed kid 3.8 gpa Proud parents I suprized the district. And they were very pleased I was off meds by my choice and have never done better i been able to control myself very well. Best thing i ever did. I started eating i didn't have ticks and i was happy and successful. So now TO PROVE THE DISTRICT WRONG. I applied for a diesel class Private tech school. I got in and Have been successful ever sense. But still a fucked up weird loner kid.

Today i been doing really well except socially. I think its my ADD and who i have become from my life why no one likes me.

I left out a very important piece of information in 5th grade the diagnosed me with aspergers http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asperger_syndrome
today they still cant tell if i have it or not because of How well i have been doing. I just believe i out grew it Or over come it with maturity.

Thats my story.

I had it tough my life. Just remember i found out the only way to be successful is to have self motivation Thats the key.

I think we should have a section for Life storys or something. Just sayin.

http://youtu.be/nrL2qSTFb4Q

Thanks rith for the awesome siggy!

Last edited by Etzim; January 29th, 2011 at 01:06 AM.
Old January 28th, 2011, 11:58 PM   #2
EvilDeathMist

EvilDeathMist's Forum Picture

Name: Ivy
Default Re: My ADHD Story

wow.... i read slow.... but yea you really have had it rough.....the bullying situation.....(been ther it S-U-C-K-S!) i think its amazing how you turned around..... and i think that it is very cool that you do gymnastics (did).

I Feel The Pain All Over Again, As If It Just Happened Yesterday.......
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old January 29th, 2011, 12:08 AM   #3
Skatergirl

Skatergirl's Forum Picture

I read it all. That sounds really rough.
Joining new schools all the time and stuff. Getting bullied is definitely not fun either.
That's so cool how you are so good at Gymnastics. I didn't catch why you quit though? Or maybe I read too fast. That's too bad. Could you join it again sometime?
That's great that you're being really successful with your diesel class though.
All the best! And I hope things get easier, and better for you.

Old January 29th, 2011, 12:08 AM   #4
Etzim
Junior Member+

Etzim's Forum Picture

Thanks, It was nice taking the time to type it out. i been wanting to for a long time now. Im very open and i think my story has some good point outs to it. i thought id share it with you guys. Like they say good happens to people who get it bad.

Last edited by Etzim; January 29th, 2011 at 04:00 AM.
Old January 29th, 2011, 12:10 AM   #5
Etzim
Junior Member+

Etzim's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skatergirl View Post
I read it all. That sounds really rough.
Joining new schools all the time and stuff. Getting bullied is definitely not fun either.
That's so cool how you are so good at Gymnastics. I didn't catch why you quit though? Or maybe I read too fast. That's too bad. Could you join it again sometime?
That's great that you're being really successful with your diesel class though.
All the best! And I hope things get easier, and better for you.
The gymnastics got to stressful and serious. i tried getting back into it i just couldn't i was not in shape for it. I tried doing a recreational class. non competition just for fun. And thanks i really love my diesel class and i hope it keeps working out

Old January 29th, 2011, 12:13 AM   #6
Skatergirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etzim View Post
The gymnastics got to stressful and serious. i tried getting back into it i just couldn't i was not in shape for it. I tried doing a recreational class. non competition just for fun. And thanks i really love my diesel class and i hope it keeps working out
Aww that's too bad about the Gymnastics not working anymore for you.
Glad you found something else you enjoy though. That's good.

Old January 29th, 2011, 12:15 AM   #7
EvilDeathMist

Quote:
1. *Never Say Never*
2. Dont ever give up... keep going for that goal =]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old January 29th, 2011, 12:15 AM   #8
Etzim
Junior Member+

Etzim's Forum Picture

Quote:
Aww that's too bad about the Gymnastics not working anymore for you.
Glad you found something else you enjoy though. That's good.
It was fun while it lasted. it gave me something to have hope in. I have a box full of trophies and medals. I even been out of state for competition.

Old January 29th, 2011, 12:17 AM   #9
Etzim
Junior Member+

Etzim's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Angle' View Post
1. *Never Say Never*
2. Dont ever give up... keep going for that goal =]
And thanks Ivy i appreciate the motivation. =)

Old January 29th, 2011, 12:19 AM   #10
Skatergirl

Quote:
It was fun while it lasted. it gave me something to have hope in. I have a box full of trophies and medals. I even been out of state for competition.
That's so cool! I wish I could do something like that. Well maybe someday when you're older you can try it out again...

Old January 29th, 2011, 12:22 AM   #11
Etzim
Junior Member+

Etzim's Forum Picture

Quote:
That's so cool! I wish I could do something like that. Well maybe someday when you're older you can try it out again...
it was very cool. except being a boy everyone thought i was gay. Made fun of me and called me names and said i wore a leotard. I didnt lol. I always had this thought that one day i would be teaching or even make it in the olympics bu it didnt work out. Just a dream like a girl who wants a horse.

Old January 29th, 2011, 12:39 AM   #12
EvilDeathMist

Quote:
And thanks Ivy i appreciate the motivation. =)
i love hearing that..... (Q: what motivation?)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old January 29th, 2011, 12:50 AM   #13
Etzim
Junior Member+

Etzim's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Angle' View Post
i love hearing that..... (Q: what motivation?)
any time and the Never give up dont say never. Keep up on your goals. Its motivating to me

Old January 29th, 2011, 12:52 AM   #14
austin callahan

austin callahan's Forum Picture

Name: austin

Hey i have add/adhd to...its crazy your right...if u wanna chat bout it just msg me
Old January 29th, 2011, 12:53 AM   #15
Etzim
Junior Member+

Etzim's Forum Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin.callahan View Post
Hey i have add/adhd to...its crazy your right...if u wanna chat bout it just msg me
If you have any questions about it please feel free to ask im wide open with my problems.

Old January 29th, 2011, 11:32 AM   #16
Skatergirl

Quote:
it was very cool. except being a boy everyone thought i was gay. Made fun of me and called me names and said i wore a leotard. I didnt lol. I always had this thought that one day i would be teaching or even make it in the olympics bu it didnt work out. Just a dream like a girl who wants a horse.
That's so mean. I wish some people weren't so heartless, but at least you still enjoyed yourself.

Old January 29th, 2011, 12:10 PM   #17
Charleigh
Awesome Poster

Charleigh's Forum Picture

Name: Charleigh

Aww, ive went through the same only my mum and her boyfriend(s) taunted me too.
You are who you are, ADHD makes you part of you, dont let anyone knock you down :')
Im here if you need to talk

FREEZE mother fucker..
Old January 29th, 2011, 04:27 PM   #18
Etzim
Junior Member+

Etzim's Forum Picture

Thanks guys. its been a long 11 years. I wish there was sometime of sport i can get into =\.
Thats what i tell people, everyone has there own isues, mine is hdhd, aspergers, There is nothing i can do to get rid of it no matter how hard i try. the only thing i can do is be who i am. I use to cry at nights wishing i could be normal like all the other people out there. My mom would tell me That nobody is normal, it made me feel a little better.

Old January 29th, 2011, 06:42 PM   #19
Quahog
Awesome Poster

Quahog's Forum Picture

Name: Jesse

I'm so proud of you. I had friends that had ADD and they hated taking the meds for it. I see that you didn't really need meds, and you sort of didn't let it take over you. Don't worry if you can't find a sport that you like, I'm pretty sure you will like something. Maybe tennis, or basketball or something.

Thank you for sharing your story, hopefully it will inspire others who are struggling with it.
Old January 29th, 2011, 09:47 PM   #20
Etzim
Junior Member+

Etzim's Forum Picture

thanks. Im not sure about sports but ever sense i posted the Im lonely thread on vt i been a lot better on going out and being more active and making new friends. And that was kinda the idea is to try to inspire other people who are struggling.

Closed Thread