Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old January 15th, 2011, 05:22 AM   #1
TheSleepingInsomniac
Member++

Default Anxiety around People

Please help me.
I get extremely anxious around people I try to make a good impression when I have to be around people and I have impossible high standards of myself. I'm so sick of trying to live up to my expectations and when I can't I cut because I can't cry or talk about it because people could see me as weak. People seem to always talk or whisper about me.
Because of this I am very anti social, someone please tell me what's wrong with me.
TheSleepingInsomniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2011, 05:27 AM   #2
Kaius
Banned

Name: Aaron
Default Re: Anxiety around People

This honestly sounds like a confidence problem. Its natural to feel like this sometimes - Everyone does and has done. I know it seems hard but sometimes you've gotta keep a positive head on your shoulders. Anti-Social people a lot of the time have confidence issues because they're uncomfortable to be around large groups of people. Is there anything you can use to distract you? I used to hate going out in public and around people, but when i started getting more and more into music and i was given an iPod as a birthday present i took that everywhere with me - I still do. To keep me occupied instead of letting my mind wander to negative things. Its hard i know but once you break the habit it'll help in the long run.
Kaius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2011, 05:40 AM   #3
TheSleepingInsomniac
Member++

Confidence has never been a problem for me, it's groups of people. I wrote this hours ago but didn't post because i was a mess,because of what happened today We went to the mall because i had to get school shoes. The mall being a very stressful place for me, well i saw two girls around my age giggling and i thought it must be my school shoes, i got fidgety and started shaking, got home and cut.
I know this was an over reaction and silly but i can't help it.
Old January 15th, 2011, 09:12 AM   #4
Deleted User
Legendary Member

You're showing symptoms of social anxiety disorder which is what I have. I know how hard it is. Speak with a doctor about it if you can and I'd recommend therapy. PM me if you need to talk.
Deleted User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2011, 05:09 PM   #5
Eagle63
Member+

Eagle63's Forum Picture

Name: Adam

Limmenel has the right idea. It also would help to not let those stupid people who look down at everybody get to you. Instead of cutting, a good scream always helps, too. A song that helps me realize how narrow-minded people like those two girls at the mall are is "Still Counting" by Volbeat. Hope this helps.
Eagle63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2011, 05:45 AM   #6
TheSleepingInsomniac
Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle63 View Post
Limmenel has the right idea. It also would help to not let those stupid people who look down at everybody get to you. Instead of cutting, a good scream always helps, too. A song that helps me realize how narrow-minded people like those two girls at the mall are is "Still Counting" by Volbeat. Hope this helps.
The girls probably weren't shallow minded and they might not have been talking about me i just couldn't help but think they were. Also i had been thinking about other people as well like the sales assistant who wouldn't take no was pushing my anxiety.

Thank you Rith

If you need me PM me