Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old December 15th, 2010, 11:03 AM   #1
Nevermore
Nice Poster

Nevermore's Forum Picture

Name: Sammy <3
Default Abilify

I am going to start taking Abilify. I've read stuff about it and watched Youtube. Now I'm scared to take it. Has anyone had a god experience with this drug?
The side affects just are terrible. They are listed below. I love espeically how it says if it gets worse or you are having them call a doctor. How can you call a doctor or 911 while unconscious or when confused?! When you're confused you're not going to know what 911 is or that you have a doctor. Your hands will be too sweaty to pick up the phone. Your legs will swell up so you won't be able to walk to reach a phone. Your mouth and tongue will sweel up and you won't be able to talk. How are you going to call while having a seizure?! I know those are possibilties.. but still!!!! This sounds ridiculously creepy. The first two Youtube vdieos when you search Abilify are Abilify Kills. I'm like great. I'm so happy to be taking these meds. I haven't started, but I'm going to. I need to get my blood drawn once a month to make sure I'm healthy. It just seems like more problems then good.

What side effects can this medication cause?

Aripiprazole may cause side effects. Tell your doctor if any of these symptoms are severe or do not go away:

headache
nervousness
drowsiness
dizziness
heartburn
constipation
diarrhea
stomach pain
weight gain
increased appetite
increased salivation
pain, especially in the arms, legs, or joints
Some side effects can be serious. If you experience any of the following symptoms or those listed in the IMPORTANT WARNING section or the SPECIAL PRECAUTIONS section, call your doctor immediately:

seizures
slow, fast, or irregular heartbeat
chest pain
changes in vision
unusual movements of your body or face that you cannot control
high fever
muscle stiffness
confusion
sweating
rash
hives
itching
swelling of the eyes, face, mouth, lips, tongue, throat, hands, feet, ankles, or lower legs
difficulty breathing or swallowing
tightening of the neck muscles
tightness in the throat
Aripiprazole may cause other side effects. Call your doctor if you have any unusual problems while taking this medication.

If you experience a serious side effect, you or your doctor may send a report to the Food and Drug Administration's (FDA) MedWatch Adverse Event Reporting program online [at http://www.fda.gov/Safety/MedWatch] or by phone [1-800-332-1088].

What storage conditions are needed for this medicine?

Keep this medication in the container it came in, tightly closed, and out of reach of children. Store the tablets, the solution, and the orally disintegrating tablets at room temperature and away from excess heat and moisture (not in the bathroom). Always store the orally disintegrating tablets in their sealed package, and use them immediately after opening the package. Throw away any medication that is outdated or no longer needed. Throw away any unused aripiprazole solution 6 months after you open the bottle or when the expiration date marked on the bottle has passed, whichever is sooner. Talk to your pharmacist about the proper disposal of your medication.

In case of emergency/overdose

In case of overdose, call your local poison control center at 1-800-222-1222. If the victim has collapsed or is not breathing, call local emergency services at 911.

Symptoms of overdose may include:

drowsiness
weakness
widened pupils (black circles in the middle of the eyes)
nausea
vomiting
changes in heartbeat
movements that you cannot control
confusion
seizures
loss of consciousness

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0000221

Charlie Girl and Ichigo are my Wiccan sisers
Animal Luverrr is my lil sis <3
Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2010, 11:09 AM   #2
Syvelocin
Ocean Soul

Syvelocin's Forum Picture

Name: Rith
Default Re: Abilify

Yeah, Abilify is a antipsychotic. Antipsychotics have more serious and ten times the side-effects.

Abilify sucks. Not as much as Lithium... but I hated being on Abilify. I was on it for seven days in the hospital, all I could do was just sit there unable to listen or pay attention. I was just so spaced out... Of course, it's supposed to do that, keeping you non-psychotic XD That crap also raised my blood pressure and lowered my thyroid levels. The people at the hospital freaked out, and then I had to get so many more blood tests cause they though I was hypothyroid.

And I'm sorry I didn't build your walls. And I'm sorry I had to go and fall.
And I'm sorry I had the whole thing wrong. Well, I guess I'm the sorriest of all.
And I'm sorry that you are feeling small. And I'm sorry that I'm not used to crawling.
And I'm sorry the writing's on the wall. Well, I guess I'm the sorriest of all.
Syvelocin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2010, 04:46 PM   #3
Fiction
Ex Psych Mod

Fiction's Forum Picture

Name: Kathy

All medications have side effects but the chances of getting one are not that high and the more serious the side effect usually the less likely you are to get it. Also the chances of getting more than one or two are pretty low.

You brought hate, pills and knives,
And this is how the tale begins.
Its your life, exist and wonder why.
When it only fails to work,
It only fails to work sometimes
Fiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2010, 05:54 PM   #4
Maverick
Retired Administrator

Maverick's Forum Picture

All medications are going to have a lot of side effects listed, especially anti psychotics. If your doctor has prescribed it to you then you need to take it and if you start feeling any negative side effects you let him know right away or at your next appointment depending on how severe you find it.

Medicines are going to respond differently to everyone. If you are really concerned you should talk to a pharmacist or your doctor more about it.

Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2010, 08:38 PM   #5
pnckswthsrp
Junior Member+

pnckswthsrp's Forum Picture

I take abilify, I haven't seemed to have any major side affects at all with it. (:
pnckswthsrp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2010, 11:22 AM   #6
Nevermore
Nice Poster

Nevermore's Forum Picture

Name: Sammy <3

Thank you guys. This helps a lot. I'm probably going to ask my doctor about my concerns and see if I do have side effects from the meds, that I get off of it ASAP!

Charlie Girl and Ichigo are my Wiccan sisers
Animal Luverrr is my lil sis <3
Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote