Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old November 6th, 2006, 03:53 PM   #1
BethieBeth

BethieBeth's Forum Picture

Default I think I may have some traits of OCD..

Ok so, it's obsessive compulsive, yea? So like, i know this sounds really weird. but can you have for like, NEEDING to be on the computer?
Because nearly every minute of the day i feel like i NEED to be on the computer, and if i'm not on it, (like if my sister's on it) i get really stressed out.. lol... Is that a bit OCDish or just a bit odd...?

Also i count a lot.
Like, time-wise.. In the mornings when i get dressed, i'm always like "Hmm.. Ok I gotta be ready before this time, and if i'm not i'll hit myself" or something silly like that O.O

So yeah.. Any ideas guys?
Thankyouuu <3 xx
BethieBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2006, 01:33 AM   #2
Jygo

Default Re: I think I may have some traits of OCD..

It doesn't sound so weird. I sometimes have the uncontrolible urge to clean things. regardless of what elce I have to do. When I get stressed out I usually clean the kitchen. sometimes I'll be at it for a couple of hours.
As long as you don't sacrifice the important thigns in life, and you don't put it ahead of things that are more important it's not nessecaily a bad thing. You just have to find a good balance.
Jygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2006, 02:51 PM   #3
boy_lover88
Member+

boy_lover88's Forum Picture

Default Re: I think I may have some traits of OCD..

That doesn't sound like traits of OCD. Rather I have the same kind of problems too. Except I don't stress out if my brother is on the computer or something. I just wait my turn. But I'm usually on edge when I'm trying to count time as well. Like when I get ready for work. Someone who has OCD is someone who obsessively places everything a way it should be according to their standards... Such as categorized CDs or something.

Even a small incident in a restaurant when my family and I dined out, there was a wine cup on its side on the shelf and my brother told me to pick it up. I told him I was going to contaminate it if I touched it, yet he reached over and set it up right. He said that bothered him like mad. Now, normally THAT'S a sign of OCD.

As for me and my contamination issues, I work in a Deli, so naturally I abide by health regulations, not OCD.

Last edited by boy_lover88; November 30th, 2006 at 02:56 PM.
boy_lover88 is offline   Reply With Quote