Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room

Old June 6th, 2018, 05:04 PM   #1
CreativeUsername

CreativeUsername's Forum Picture

Name: Toby
Default Everywhere I look is a reminder of how I'm a failure

I was supposed to graduate this. Instead, four years ago I had a panic attack and mental breakdown dropping out of school for a two years, but with summer school I'm graduating next year. But now I'm seeing everyone I know graduating. I see all the posts on instagram, and I'm just reminded of how I'm a failure. I see people posting about prom. My new school doesn't have a prom which means I'm never going to get to go to a prom. I got invited to a 5th grade reunion and the evite was congratulating the graduating class of 2018. It just felt like a slap in the face, even though I know that wasn't the intention. I just feel like a failure.

Oh, and in addition to all that, since everyone I know is graduating, that means they're all going to college. So next year I'm pretty sure I'm going to be all alone. And I really just want to cry and let it all out but I can't seem to do that.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
CreativeUsername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2018, 01:54 AM   #2
Uniquemind
VT Lover

Default Re: Everywhere I look is a reminder of how I'm a failure

Don’t compare yourself to others. You walk your own path and studies show this is a dark side to social media, the negative stew it creates when one compares themselves to another.

If you want facts that disprove your beliefs, you need look no further than look at people who started with nothing and built themselves up slowly and surely, and surely not all at once.

As one can fall from grace just as easily as one can attain it. The situation is always fluid especially as you get older, and mellow out and can take staged steps for your future rather than buy into a myth that not going to a Ivy League or too University, is going to doom you.

It won’t, but what will doom you is if you give up. That’s a choice, so choose otherwise and get help. Both from VT community and from professionals should you need it.

First compliment of the day I’m gonna give you? You made a OP and you understand English grammar and the language....how many people on earth can say that? You have a electronic device from which to find us here.

You will be okay.
Uniquemind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2018, 01:13 AM   #3
Phillipjhill

Default Re: Everywhere I look is a reminder of how I'm a failure

Don't think like this. Time doesn't work same for everyone. Just think about it, A lot of people become successful when everybody thought their career was over. Don't insult yourself by comparing with others. You have your own path which will eventually lead you to success.
Phillipjhill is offline   Reply With Quote