Virtual Teen Forums

Go Back   Virtual Teen Forums > >
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read Chat Room [1]

Old January 29th, 2012, 01:30 PM   #21
HeyMissAwesome

Default Re: EDNOS and Disordered Eating.

thanks
HeyMissAwesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2012, 10:22 PM   #22
Trendea

Name: trendea

I just wish i had a personal guide with me all the time to tell me how to balance it all.

I luv BeadsNStrings.com
Trendea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2013, 01:04 AM   #23
Katiya
Nice Poster

Katiya's Forum Picture

Name: Anonymous ...no really...

I think the deciding factor in ED or EDNOS is the fact the person is suffering or becoming consumed with the problem.

A lot of people watch their weight, eat small meals/fast/calory count, exercise a lot, dislike gaining weight or being at the "normal weight" or other ways control our weight which inevitably comes from the feeling to do so, just like you have a feeling to dress nice. But are not Ed of any kind.
Many people are like the above including my self ad we LOVE our body's.

I strive to keep mine how it is. I'm not losing. I'm maintaining my weight at its curent place which is between -5 to -10 pound under my "normal". For me it has to do with my active life in gymnastics. I'm healthy, I eat healthy and I don't look like a rack o bones. I have MUCLE not fat. My doc says I'm the healthiest and most in shape person she sees. I ddon't spend more than 5 minutes in a day thinking about weight or food. I have apprehension to a normal level, I can say "don't eat that cake, eat fruit". If I lacked this basic thought I would be the classic obese american we hear about on TV binging on chips and cookies all day.
Fact is just because someone is trim doesn't mean they are ED. Just because they ha e some if the eating/weight thoughts doesn't mean they are either.

The diference is ED are suffering/obsessing abnormaly high amounts of time/ or have a pour image of self. There abouts.
Non ED doesn't mean having a pack of fat, it means not being out of control or bothered by negative thoughts around food or weight. We LIKE our body's very much and work hard to keep them as we like. But its not an obsession. We weigh our selves, make choices about our food and happily go on with our day.Were maintaining or have a set goal that we Do stop at when reached. Even if under normal.
Even fat people can have an ED. So weight and weight maintinace shouldn't be the first factor here. As many doctors would like it to be.

I think the emotional component is far more important than what it "looks to be".

~I do not try to give advice as much as I do just point out facts as I have found people like to make their own decisions in life, not be told what one is best to make~

Please excuse my typos. I'm usually on my phone and it has issues.
Katiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2015, 10:33 PM   #24
amgb
Awesome Poster

After like around two months on VT I finally read this. It's quite helpful to me so thanks for the information

Raise your words, not voice. It is {light} rain that grows flowers, not thunder. ― Jalaluddin Rumi
amgb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2015, 02:57 PM   #25
sie.unsafe

Name: sierra

um how do u know if your abusing diet pills?
sie.unsafe is offline   Reply With Quote